• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

?'s about the game

I sure hope someone can shed some light on this. I've been on DOD for about 2 yrs now and decided to venture out and try something new. Well I seen RO and thought wow that looks pretty cool. Well not cool at all !!!! I have had so many problems with it. The first thing was that it took about 3 hrs to download, when it finally finished there was so much lag it was just crazy. Just to get a map started it took for-ever.I spend more time in non-game play than in-game. I thought there was a problem with my system so I deleted the game ran a system check and tried to re-ddl, same problems. I have no problems with DOD. It runs just fine. Can anyone help on this. This looks like a challenging game I just wish I could play. Oh one more thing I bought the game when I was on-line NOT from a store if that makes a different.

I bought mine online as well, and one thing I've noticed with Steam is that DLing a new game takes forever. They simply *must* limit the DL bandwidth severely, because I'm sitting on a phat intertube in the middle of the Silicon Valley - web downloads at about 1MB/sec... yet Steam DLs creep and crawl at their own leisurely pace. Way it goes. The big tubes make all the difference however when it comes to playing.

I'm also a DOD:S transplant, and I cannot go back to that meth-addled arcade-fest. ;) Once you get the kinks smoothed out you'll love RO.

One thing I've found that helps is to set your RO netcode at a slightly-slower connection setting than you think you've actually got. I see ping improvements by doing this, maybe it'll help you.

If map loads are taking forever, be sure to check out the tweaking guide, stickied at the top of the forum. I used to disable precaching in the ini file to speed up map loads, you could try that.

Upvote 0
Slow load times... get more ram. its just that simple. For this game you need at least 1 gig for it to not drive you nuts 2 is better. Once its installed on the computer make sure to defrag your hard drive. That will help the performance on anything you run. other then that just the basics update your drivers and all that.

Upvote 0