• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

as a russians I was playing on Smolensk, the match was just like anyother, although at the end the germans won with only 2 SEC left. We were all looking at the timer with agony.

Also just now, I was a russian playing on Tula, and I was constantly yelling oneliners from 300 since the first round was a piece of cake. But the second round I told the germans there is a nice covered road at the right of them so they don't need to cross that open field. After a while they were really starting to be a pain in our ***. Then they started to cap our bunkers and since our reinforcements were pretty low we had to retreat. Also everyone started to spill oneliners, inculding the germans. It was great fun, at the end the germans won with 50 seconds left because our reinforcements were depleted and they killed us all.

Upvote 0
I was a Russian rifleman in Danzig a few days ago. We capped the bridges, Command was swapping back and forth, and we were pressing on Langer. I was running through the collapsed building to get to the right side (Russian viewpoint) of Langer. A German with a Stg44 ran in and we actually passed each other. We both turned and fired from the hip. I missed and went into melee mode. He wounded me but didn't kill me before I stabbed him. While we were fighting two more Germans had run in. The second German and I started mixing it up with the third being afraid to fire for fear of TKing his teammate. (Or maybe he did fire but I was too busy to notice.) I finally bayo'd the second German, turned and bayo'd the third before he could get a good shot at me. I had been spinning, zigging, zagging, and basically trying to be unpredictable while stabbing like a madman. I was amazed that I was still standing. Then I remembered to bolt another round before continuing. This poor Russian rifleman felt rather proud to take out three fighting Germans in hand-to-hand combat.:cool:

Moral 1: ALWAYS attach your bayo.
Moral 2: "And remember, when things look bad, and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, I mean plumb mad dog mean, 'cause if you lose your head and give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." - Josey Wales

Upvote 0
In no particular order:
  1. Taking out a driver of a tank with a scoped Nagant
  2. Kicking as$ in Gorlits, with all of the Stg guys having above 100 pts
  3. Having a homosexual oriented chat with SgtPeterson (to the best of my recollection that's his name) on the MOH server. Thankfully there were few witnesses and the server is dead now. ( :) )
  4. Being banned from a server because my nickname offends (American) people.
  5. Related to 4; People telling me they are offended by my nickname. #4 and #5 could only happen in Amerika of course ;)
  6. Being #1 on Kavkaz, even though I had a Papasha. (noob players maybe?)
  7. Realizing that my other supposedly "realistic" game (America's Army) is a piece of $hit compared to the best computer game I've played - ROOST
And one one more:
Editing this a couple of times to get around those language filters..

Now I am curious. What does your nick name mean where you come from, is PUSS some kind of meat? Are you a butcher? Or is it in regards to some kind of pavement layer operation? Maybe PUSS is that black asphalt like material you have to POUND?

Upvote 0
Just played a round of zhitomir as a russian svt guy.
The germans capped the first 3 objectives and we were focusing on defending the church square so we spawned at the last objective. I had the marvelous idea of attacking the apartment on my own, which was crawling with germans. Seemed like a good idea to die. I went to the church square to check how things were but I couldn't see it because I was under constant fire so I had to move. At the german side of the square there is this doorway on the left side from my point of view and there was this russian, the commander.

I got close to the doorway and he gets killed, I get inside and see his pistol laying there. As most of you know, picking up a pistol kills you more then saving your life but anyway, I was a in a pretty safe location so I picked it up. So I went on my way trough the building to the doorway next over the hallway that leads to the apartments.
Quickly crossed over the road. Nothing spectacular. But as soon as I got at the stairs that lead to the apartments I saw 3 germans standing on the top of the stairs, I quickly opened fire, killing one of them, I try to get behind the wall for cover but I get shot in my foot, slowing me down, I continue to shoot, killing another one. After that the slowing down is over and I seek cover, my magazine is empty and reloading might kill me. Then I remember
"oh wait, I have a pistol"

So I pull it out, leaning from the wall killing the third german. I reload my svt and move up.
As I'm in the middle of the stairs a german mg'er with a hipped mg starts to shoot at me from the doorway. A shot quickly ends him.

There is a german in the room!
I open fire but he shoots my weapon out of my hands, leaving me with the pistol again, killing him.
I go to the room right over the stairway and go to the small room that's right over the damaged wall. I kill another german there.

Then I go in the hallway, but as soon as I enter it 2 germans get out of the damaged wall room, one mg'er, I try to stab him but he lays down. I stand on top of him, trying to stab him while he tries to shoot me. He gets up with me still standing on his head. A bullet from the second german quicky ends my killing spree. :(

Upvote 0
My best moment was yesterday, on i think Tula Outskirts...the one where the Russians have to storm the Axis line.
I took my trusty M30, fixed my bayonet, and sprinted to the top of the hill, before jumping into the trench. I see a German rifleman firing down at my Comrades, so I headshot him and move on. I crouched down, turned the corner and was face-to-face with a player with an MP40. I think i'm done for, so i just stick out my bayonet and hope for the best. After bayoneting him twice he falls to the floor. I then see a german machine gunner and some riflemen in a bunker, so i threw a grenade in there and got them all. I was then shot by an Stg. 44 in the back.

Even though I died, it was some pretty intense stuff, especially for my first day on RO.

Upvote 0
Well, the first time was maybe the greatest. I guess the map was Basovka and I was playing on the German side with a rifleman. Artilliery barrages were huge, everyone was shooting and dodging grenades, I had no idea what I should do and I couldn't shoot **** with the rifle. But the first enemies I finally managed to kill made me feel great, I and somehow even managed to find and cap the command bunker.

Another quite funny thing happened a month ago or so at Baksan valley. I was a German rifleman, and running on the ice near the bridge in the northern corner of the map. Two Russian assault troopers emerged from the right, I shot the other one and killed the other with a 'nade. But more came so I decided to run under the bride before they see me. Then bang, there was another assault trooper right under the bride, and three riflemen a little further. I shot the assault trooper from the hip, stabbed one rifleman who missed me, and calmly shot the other two riflemen who were aiming the other direction. The I decided to head back but ran in to MG gunner who was trying to flank me with his pistol. I stabbed him in the head but he managed to shoot me in the leg. As I slowly came around the corner, some 3-4 russians were there, and my weapon was shot from my hands. I threw the last grenade and it killed two of the Russians. Then I was without a weapon, surrounded by the enemy. I was trying to pick up the pistol from the dead MG gunner when some rifleman charged from behind and stabbed me. I've never got so many kills with a rifleman in such a shot period of time, it felt great.

Some time ago I also almost managed to cap the last objective at Berezina. I was playing a machine gunner, but got frustrated on giving fire support since no-one seemed to attack. I took a Hanomag, and drove it next to trenches on the left. With the mounted MG, I sweeped the trench killing three Russians. There was still two left in the other end, and I took them out at close range with a pistol. Then I defended the trench alone killing countless russians until a friendly assault trooper came to aid, and killed be with a grenade, just before the objective would have been captured. :)

Upvote 0
Hope it's ok to bump this, I've been playing RO for about a year now, but just have been getting back into the groove now that schools outs. I've had some great moments in the game everytime I've palyed, something I cannot say for any other FPS.

My first kill,

I was playing the Krasnyi Oktyabr map, and was confused as could be, as everyone was running everywhere and I hadn't played this map against the bots. Lost, I wandered into the factory offices that over look the road, facing the JU-52 wreck. I sat there, waiting for my fellow Germans to run past so I could join them, and instead this lone Russian walks down the street, I swapped to iron sites, lead just a little in front of him, and hit him right in the chest. After he went down he typed "nice shot" in the chat box, up until then then I had never seen anyone compliment the opposite side for killing them well, I thought it was a good gesture.

Once playing a custom map of the Korsun pocket, I was playing as a Russian soldier, it was a mostly tank map, but there were just enough guys playing infantry to keep it interesting. A MkIV and a Panther rolled up to a bunker we were holding and just pulverized it, luckily we were all in decent cover. I kept asking for tank support, but the tanks either couldn't get there, or didn't want to attempt taking on both tanks, as there was easier prey other places, one of our Sapers moved out to try to knock out the tank, but was killed, so there was no anti-tank capability with us at all. I managed to sprint away while the tank was reloading and make it to a trench. The two tanks were so concerned with the bunker and the men trying to reenforce it, they hadn't even noticed their flanks were unprotected. I snuck through some brush and must have waited 15-30 seconds for the panther commander to pop out to check for incoming armor with his binoculars. I blew his head of from about 200 yards, knocking out the panter with a Mosin-Nagent. I felt great, even though the took the bunker just after I made the shot and I was brutally cut down by the infantry.

Finally, anytime you get that teamwork thing down, even with just another player, or your entire side, where you set objectives and complete your tasks to get them done. I followed an MGer for a whole round once, gaurding his rear, and letting him supress while some of us went and and flanked him, I think that's the way RO really needs to be played.

Worst moment-A few days back on Arad, I spawned as a panzercrewman, with no panzers around, I saw a PanzerIV a little back from spawn on a hill, I approached it thinking it couldn't possibly be occupied, hopped in and cranked up the engines, not even realizing some guy was in it. All the sudden over VOIP I hear what sounds like a grown man whining like a baby..."WHAT THE 4V(K ARE YOU DOING HETZER!?" Artillary was starting to fall now, but I couldn't see any targets so I stayed in the tank thinking that it would surely suck to get killed by the artillary, and this guy keeps whining over VOIP, cussing at me, and throwing a huge fit over me being in his tank, even though I had stopped moving it. I stayed in the tank for the duration of the barrage, then got out (for the sake of my eardrums) and plodded back to spawn to see if there were any tanks out, I managed to get a Tiger, and briefly considered putting an AP round into his rear as I passed him, but decided to be the better man. I don't think he moved from that spot the whole round either lol.

Upvote 0
Was on konigsplatz during one of [CC]'s bolt only weekends.
Basically this guys tries to bayo me at the fountain at Molke monument, and he stabs the weapon out of my hand. After that I ran like hell, because I had no other weapon and he chased me round the fountain a good 3-4 times, after that I ran back over my own weapon, picked it up mid-sprint turned round and shoved my pigsticker right into his nazi face :D
Yes Nimsky/[CC]Nimrod, you suck at bayo combat ^^

My other great moments would have to be the first time I actually managed to play a game where I got a decent kill/death ratio, and all the times afterwards where I got highest score as a rifleman leaving all the smg's to eat my dirt.

Rifles ftw btw, smg's are way too easy to play with for me, don't give me a challenge, and the lack of bayonnaise is just crud :p

Upvote 0
My best was back in the mod, on the old version of Hedgehog. I, the brave Red Army soldier, only armed with a pistol. What happened to me was literally an action sequence, I burst the door open from the right side and peak in, 2 German submachine gunners and one machine gunner stood facing me, sort of looking like a reception "we've been excepting you Mr. Bond!". Then I started running to the left pumping the pistol trigger with bullets spraying all around me. Miraculously, my bullets hit all three of them and they slumped over dead.

Then I enter the main room, and clear the place super-secret agent style. Then I rush upstairs, stop to the right of a door, I hear footsteps inside. I open the door, and I see three Germans looking right at me. First one charges at me with his bayonet, he misses, I wack him in the head with my pistol butt, one of the other two shoots his friend on accident, and then I gun him down, his body slumps out the window.

Since none of my teammates came yet, I knew that the German reinforcements would be coming soon, I run downstairs and hide behind the entrance doors from the place I came in from. 4 Germans run in, I pull out my machine gun, and walk up behind, framed in the doorway with their backs to me in a row, I swore I could have imagined myself saying "See you in hell!" and mowing them down. : P

I got killed by one German who was lagging behind, but it was 9 kills, 5 of them with a pistol, for 1 death.

My favorite experience in the stand-alone was playing a chaotic game of Kurland Kessel on the Russian team without dying once for the whole game. (And I wasn't holding back, I was charging in amid the bullets, explosions, and enemies as everyone else)

Upvote 0
Heres one - I can remember the map but It was one with the town, then the foxholes, then the bridge and then the ridge? But anway, we were losing by about 20% reinforcements., and the left flank of our army was failing as there tank was getting up.
So me (I was squad leader) issued a retreat command. I was behind the majority of the amry so i could all see it. Every single troop started sprinting backwards to my position in the foxholes.

It just looked amazing!

Upvote 0
Don't let RO turn into just another FPS

Don't let RO turn into just another FPS

I'm new to RO, well, new -ish. I used to play BF all the time, then moved across to Forgotten Hope when that mod came out. The reason I went there was partly realism but mainly because this lead to more team play.

I got a copy of RO because it was in one of those 3 for

Upvote 0
Leningrad, in the tunnel, just before the opening by the river/russian spawn. Playing as German. A whole cluster of russians lying around the crates trying to stall the german advance, MG, SMG and mosins. They've been mowing down Germans for several minutes. I come down the stairs from the building above, peak out the two doorways, see the tracerrounds and hear the bullets flying and hear screams from my dying comrades. A quick and dirty peekapoo from the doorway closest to the russians and a nade takes care of the entire russian crowd. 5-in-1 :D Very satisfying! God I love nades.

Other than that, getting a kill as a rifleman, from a long distance or in close-encounters against some SMG spraying homogays always makes me feel all warm and cozy inside :p

Upvote 0
Now I am curious. What does your nick name mean where you come from, is PUSS some kind of meat? Are you a butcher? Or is it in regards to some kind of pavement layer operation? Maybe PUSS is that black asphalt like material you have to POUND?

Puss doesn't translate to anything in the language 'where I came from'. The nickname is based on American culture, and of couse you are well aware what it means there.

Shrek20220-20Puss20in20Boots.jpg

(On an irrelevent note - I work (or soon to become - 'worked') for a vet.)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0