• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Don't go in the capzone!"

Don't be fooled, the thread title is only a semi-true statment for a mini-rant against this idiotic "get to the capzone no matter what mentality" I keep reading everywhere. It is totally false. There's a sh!tload of ways of playing this game and still being effective.

There needs to be people in the capzone capping indeed BUT there also needs to be people outside the capzone killing people trying to get there, there needs to be people outside the capzone supporting those entering it, there needs to be people still outside of it blocking roads and approches to the capzone from angles that are not reachable from inside a capzone, etc... let the people (new players especially) think their way of playing the game depending on their mood, role, weapon, situation (attack - defense) and global understanding.

there is a funny way to get (new) player into cap zones... ^^

just kill all the enemies who try to enter the cap zones so your teammates which usually (public server) sit BEHIND the capzone have nothing left to kill so they move forward acutally IN the capzone ^^ (since they are only interesstet in making frags)

btw. this is one of the most efficient ways to cap a objective. Just kill the enemy backup or cut there way off.

Upvote 0
Even if you get only a few extra people going to the cap zone rather than camping its worth it..most will be doing what you say anyway (not necessarily intentionally, more because they would rather camp and get a few kills than risk getting killed). Depends a lot on the players though and the map. Best to encourage a culture of camping = bad though for a decent pubbing experience :)

Upvote 0
just kill all the enemies who try to enter the cap zones so your teammates which usually (public server) sit BEHIND the capzone have nothing left to kill so they move forward acutally IN the capzone ^^ (since they are only interesstet in making frags)

btw. this is one of the most efficient ways to cap a objective. Just kill the enemy backup or cut there way off.

Bingo! This works nicely in Berezina. A German tank in the river can really force the 1st line to fall, even if the teammates don't quite realize what they're doing. =)

Upvote 0
This is all true,but think about this:
If you can't get public players IN the capzone most of the times,why would you expect them to grasp a higher tactic and actually BLOCK capzone entrances?

Because those of us who offer and play on Public servers KNOW how to play the game too! Clammers ain't the only ones who know this game and varied tactics and strategies

Geeez! :D

Upvote 0
Not saying pubbers don't know who to play but the level of cooperation on a public server is usually pretty low.I enjoy playing with a good team that has decent comms but that's usually not the case.
Advanced tactics go without saying if you have a good team,but as I said,you usually don't.

Upvote 0
Not saying pubbers don't know who to play but the level of cooperation on a public server is usually pretty low.I enjoy playing with a good team that has decent comms but that's usually not the case.
Advanced tactics go without saying if you have a good team,but as I said,you usually don't.

I see, then you've played on just about every server out there to be able to offer an all encompassing evaluation of the competency of Public Server players..

I'd say that RO-VOIP is working rather well. I must also add I've never seen you on any of our public servers... if that really means anything. :) What is disturbing is the broad brush you use in painting user/player abilities and skills. IMHO, you are mistaken. I have found that the smug attitude of some clammers usually shines through and overcomes any skills they have. As a result, they usually leave public servers in a huff after being told off. :cool:

Upvote 0
I see, then you've played on just about every server out there to be able to offer an all encompassing evaluation of the competency of Public Server players..

I'd say that RO-VOIP is working rather well. I must also add I've never seen you on any of our public servers... if that really means anything. :) What is disturbing is the broad brush you use in painting user/player abilities and skills. IMHO, you are mistaken. I have found that the smug attitude of some clammers usually shines through and overcomes any skills they have. As a result, they usually leave public servers in a huff after being told off. :cool:

way to get the ages old clanners<->public discussion up again, wanna discuss if PCs or Macs are better? or is Linux vs Windows scheduled next?

Upvote 0
My clan has the idea that if we do the hard yards the mass will follow. This could mean focusing on higher targets, clearing the cap zones, or holding them up near spawn to prevent the objective from being reinforced. When people see little resistance there is more chance they will risk advancing.

What gets under my nose is the amount of people holding out in attacking, sitting back and shooting the enemy from afar. This is when you need to listen to clanners, as in most cases they know better (I would rather take advice and criticism from a clanner then a pubber). In clan wars in assaulting an objective, we have our mg, sniper and maybe a rifleman near the mg to provide covering support, not 10 ton of men, and we win the matches. If you sit back ask yourselves who wins the map, you who are out of the capzone using a rifle, getting decent kills, but not to the effect desired as they just respawn in no time, or the guy doing the grunt of the work, inside the capzone, killing people and preventing them from reinforcing the cap zone.

Of course everyone know 'whats best' but if your not effective, get up...hook your bayonet on and contribute to the team. I am souly against shooting people who are not effective as that achieves nothing, but if I can spare the smoke I will use it to get the masses moving, though I don't hinder the mgs.

Disagree or agree we need people outside the cap zone to give support, but only a noticeable few, not half the darn side.

Upvote 0
way to get the ages old clanners<->public discussion up again, wanna discuss if PCs or Macs are better? or is Linux vs Windows scheduled next?

Worluk, I love you too!! :D Seems the Clammers can pass all the nifty remarks they wish and nothing's said but the minute someone takes up for the pubbers... well now lookee here. Gimme a break!

Truth is, there's good and bad players in both groups. :cool:

Upvote 0
Mike Nomad... wake up. I've played probably over 200 hours of Ostfront (it's kind of sad really) and I've had maybe only a handful of rewarding experiences on pubs. 95 percent of the time the pubbers don't know what they're doing and constantly team-kill you. The best server is Sniper Group: at least half the time there is "some" team work going on.

Wake up?? Wow, you might be right. I'm daft, asleep, moaning and groaning. :)

In any case, if you think you have it happening, bring it on... and take on the pubbers in our server Bud... I am wide awake and so is everyone else in our servers. :eek:

Upvote 0
clan play and public play can't be compared. And mostly as for comparing a clan player in public server, well he is just 1 guy more in public, where teamwork is minimal or somewhat good depending on the mentality of players.

I play in public for fun, and mostly the fun consist of killing alot of enemy soldiers and not die yourself :). 1 Guy can't hold the capzone forever, so why stress about it...

Mostly I always play objective, because I like to play RO that way...and most kills u make in capzone :)

Upvote 0