• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

is that all you want? military and super sci-fi fps?

+1

as far as the spore comment, isn't it a non earth/human game? i got the impression spore could only be played as some weird alien cartoon things which doesn't interest me at all.

I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to you could make a human being, but yes it is more focused on alien-ness of it, so it wouldn't totally fit with what was asked for. You can do anything really.

However it does the whole progression of evolution and sociological evolution that was talked about.

Upvote 0
There's awesome potential for historical shooters too. (Ignoring the fact that we haven't got a WW1 Fps!) We could have a shooter from the Boer war, Zulu war, the 'Ole West (too much chance that would be made all cheesy though) the Frontier's of the west (Say fighting with the Union to shoot indians and such) or standing shoulder to shoulder with the redcoats in the 1700's (for extra fun you act as Sargeant and have to moniter the morale of the men under your command! "No talking in the ranks!")

The problem with games like these = Not American so Americans wont buy it (not in the sales that EA enjoys with their retarded remakes)

Racist = A lot of these colonial era games are 'racist' in todays limp wristed politically correct times. Can you imagine shooting scalp taking 'Injuns' nowadays, the press will be all over it.

Upvote 0
A game that meets some of these criteria is coming it's called Spore.

I'm awaiting this game myself.

I know about spore, however it isnt entirely what i look for :)
I dont like the alienness about it, and the tribes-part is just a small part of the game, after wich you go to outer space and all that crap :(
Has anyone ever heard of the game called B.C? It was made for Xbox :)(), but it had Peter Molineux's support but it got cancelled or at least 'paused' but ive never heard of it again. But it fits my description exactly, except for the fact that there were dinosaurs hehe :rolleyes: It was funny though how when a tribesmen got his arm ripped off the others laughed, as it was pretty common back then for people to get hurt seriously.
(Discovery once said the only career you could compare to being a Neanderthal is rodeo-clown, since they broke so much bones :p Their average lifespan was around 30 years, before they'd die of natural causes, or earlier being killed in the hunt etc. However, they could take extreme amounts of pain, and continue walking with broken bones just because if they were not able to, they would have never survived in their harsh surroundings)
But in B.C you had to teach your people a language, and every other technique. You'd basicly start with 'empty pages', and teach them everything yourself.
You could order them to follow you, build huts and camps or process food and that stuff. Also they planned a living eco-system with everything you did having consequences on them: for example, if there were velociraptors in your vicinity limiting you in some way, you could try to kill them off ofcourse, with the danger of losing tribesmen. However, you could try to steal or destroy their eggs, and in that way slowly kill them off, or scare away or kill their favourite kind of food so they'd migrate somewhere else, but that would have other consequenses for your ecosystem etc.
The game was meant to progress from somewhere on a beach, to further inland etc.

Upvote 0
I would love that game so hard. Unfortunately games tend to mimic movies and tv series, and a realistic game would be an even smaller niche within that. Look at how huge WW2 has been in movies and games, and how few really quality realism based games we've gotten out of it.
Call of Juarez = you. I don't think you can call a Western game really realistic until half or more of the cowboys are Black or Mexican.

And Zoring, I like the idea of the American frontier, but unless you can play the various Indian tribes from the last half of the 19th century, the potential for racism, intended or not, is just way too high.

Upvote 0
I don't care about the looks I care about it using procedual generation and (if they keep what they promise) the freedom in the game.

The game should never play out the same 2 times in a row.

I have a feeling Spore is going to be a disappointment, a spectacular failure.

Because it looks like the freedom it is aiming for is going to be superficial, only at the level of how things looks (or react to physical laws at the most).
Deeper laws of evolution will not be calculated (examplae: the psycological effect of say, the "eyes" on a butterfly's wings).

So in the end it will be just like playing with plasteline, making silly creatures. Which is nice.
For a while.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling Spore is going to be a disappointment, a spectacular failure.

Because it looks like the freedom it is aiming for is going to be superficial, only at the level of how things looks (or react to physical laws at the most).
Deeper laws of evolution will not be calculated (examplae: the psycological effect of say, the "eyes" on a butterfly's wings).

So in the end it will be just like playing with plasteline, making silly creatures. Which is nice.
For a while.

They never claimed it was going to have some sort of "deep" evolutionary system. I mean, you can put points into various stats like "stealth" and whatnot. You can push your creature towards omnivorous, herbivore or carnivore tendencies.

Upvote 0
i'd love a medievel FPS, where you would be a soldier among of thousands, huge battles and open terrain intense music and charging of thousands of men, ahh so sweet:D But it would require a very powerful pc and not many people got these now. But still wouldnt it be awsome

Yeah that would be great.

I'd want a game with a story similar to these movies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_Driver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machinist

Without the need to kill.

Upvote 0
They never claimed it was going to have some sort of "deep" evolutionary system. I mean, you can put points into various stats like "stealth" and whatnot. You can push your creature towards omnivorous, herbivore or carnivore tendencies.

Also since all other creatures your creature meet in game are other player created creatures and each time you play the game, it downloads a new "set" of creatures your creatures interact with. It will very much determine how well your creatures evolve. This also leads that one set of points (or limbs) you invested in last time might not be as good the next time.

(of course this is no guarantee for a good game but I have my hopes up and just hope they don't do like they did with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

Upvote 0
I'd love to see something that isn't just a shooting gallery, maybe a spiritual sequal to Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. that game definately made you feel certain emotions, and heck, you were completely defenseless for the first hour and a half of the game, which meant that you had to either run or die at certain spots.
Looked at some screens and I must say it looks mighty creepy. I'd like to see more horror FPSs, ones that don't rely just on gore, monsters and cheap scares. Something psychological, or a game with the story of a point and click murder mystery but with the look of an FPS.

Upvote 0
Also since all other creatures your creature meet in game are other player created creatures and each time you play the game, it downloads a new "set" of creatures your creatures interact with. It will very much determine how well your creatures evolve. This also leads that one set of points (or limbs) you invested in last time might not be as good the next time.

Are you sure? I understood that you can meet other ppl creations only at the intergalactic phase. Each will have his own planet.
(which from a realistic pov makes sense- no eco system can stand such rapid changes and no creature can adapt in advance to every possible condition...hmm..that is unless he's some uber creature like homo sapiens...)

Upvote 0
i like military and sci-fi shooters but i wish we would get something different SOMETIMES.

how about a shooter with a good story that will spark your emotions. make you feel anger, sadness, happiness, ect. the old shooting gallery is over done.

how about a realistic western/mountian man survival fps/rpg even a mmorpg?

a realistic shooter based on "cops". a street cop fps.

i always wanted a neianderthal fps. hunt with spears, just survival, and maybe fight humans or die off.
Never felt any of that, in any game, except FEAR, which DID live up to the name. Only time a game actually got me a little freaked out.

+1

as far as the spore comment, isn't it a non earth/human game? i got the impression spore could only be played as some weird alien cartoon things which doesn't interest me at all.
Specist(sp?) No aliens huh? That cuts out a large portion of games. Why doesnt it interest you to play an alien?

Personally, I dont look for anything really "deep", I just see if it looks like fun, give demo a try, and see how it goes. The "fun factor" is about the only thing I care about.

Upvote 0
I just think theres so much more scope within a millitary shooter, but outside the done over and over theatres (ie. Normandy), when you think about it, TRUE millitary shooters are fairly rare, in that you play a small part of a bigger action, your usually by yourself doing something ridiclously heroic and winning the war single handedly, i dont consider that really 'millitary' just 'action movie'.

Also let us play both sides, that way we get both sides of the story and everyone's happy. Imagine the difference in gameplay of you playing as a Redcoat in the Zulu war (discipline, your martini henry and bayonet), then playing as a fierce Zulu warrior! (courage and your spear and shield).

One thing im surprised they haven't made a sequal or rethinking of is Kingpin, what with how popular 'gangstas' are nowadays. Kingpin was quite the ****-stirrer in it's time with its swearing and ho's.

also
Medieval Battles got pretty large!

eg.
Battle of Fontenay, 841, 150,000 v 150,000
Battle of Bouvines, 1214, 46,500 v 37,000
Battle of Baghdad, 1258, 120,000 v 50,000
Battle of Poitiers , 1356, 6,000 v 20,500

these are just plucked at random, im sure theres plenty more, larger ones even.

Upvote 0
I just think theres so much more scope within a millitary shooter, but outside the done over and over theatres (ie. Normandy), when you think about it, TRUE millitary shooters are fairly rare, in that you play a small part of a bigger action, your usually by yourself doing something ridiclously heroic and winning the war single handedly, i dont consider that really 'millitary' just 'action movie'.

Also let us play both sides, that way we get both sides of the story and everyone's happy.

Operation Flashpoint has that. Not initially on first release, but the one of the 2 addons focusses on playing the soviets, in a new huge campaign with storyline, while the other, latest addon focusses on the Resistance (very appropiately dubbed OFP:Resistance). In Resistance they even reflect that you dont have a huge army: you get some new recruits every now and then, but for most missions on a row, every man that gets killed stays dead (unlike original OFP and Red Hammer, who just give you a full new squad each mission). Also, in Resistance you had to scavenge weapons from the enemy, like RPG's and machineguns, AK's etc, and again it has its own full campaign and additional singleplayer levels. It's so big it couldve been stand-alone.

Upvote 0