• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Players discouraging teamwork/communication

THey should add a tutorial with some simple pointers like:

Look at the reinforcement counter and the time left, if the first is alarmingly low and the other very hight FALL BACK.

Remember that guy shouting over VIOP is usually trying to help despite your thoughts that he is "arrogant".

If you keep getting killed when you attack via the same route attempt to outflank the position.

I think this would help with beginner or just stupid players not knowing how to play this game properly. I've had some very good games on maps like Berezina Lazur, Basovka and Hedgehog. Yet very little teamplay on maps like danzig Kessel, Lyes and Kauk. I've never shouted at anyone over VIOP or told anyone to shut up. I HAVE shouted at people who arn't moving forward or he yell "fall back WTF? no WAY"

Upvote 0
I don't have a mic myself but I always appreciate the guys who use VOIP to pass on info or try to get some tactics going, and the 'haters' piss me off too, Trendkill. Luckily it seems pretty rare.

One or two players with VOIP can make a massive difference to a game. On the 50-man server last week, playing Tuvla (??? - snow, Soviet assault, they have to blow the wire and take the trenches), the Russians got creamed on the first round, not even getting the first cap. Next round one guy on VOIP starts suggesting some tactics, others agree over mic and text chat and it sparked off an awesome display of teamwork, with perfect arty and almost the whole team hitting the left flank. Axis got thrashed.

Sadly, most of the time on the 50-player server you've got a griefer on each side shooting up the spawn (and he's just as likely to be a tagged clan player as a no-tag pubbie). If you get past that you can ususally hook up with a small group of people who will work together for a while, and then the teamwork is as good as on any clan or 32-player server.

To the guys using VOIP: be assured that some people are listening and acting on your info and suggestions, even though it might not look that way (unless you're one of those who uses VOIP to express how **** the current tanker/SL/sniper is, or call the person that just accidentally TKd you a moron - you're probably talking to yourself because everyone has muted you).

Upvote 0
To the guys using VOIP: be assured that some people are listening and acting on your info and suggestions, even though it might not look that way
Quoted for emphasis. As I said before, I don't have my mic working but I pay close attention to VOIP and usually follow orders/suggestions. I think there are a lot of people that do the same.

Upvote 0
We English don't have accents. English people speaking the English language = the real deal. It's all the others using our language that have the accents.

Unless he was a Geordie :D

Or some southern poof :p (not a geordie)

I mostly play whatever server has a low ping and slots availible and am able to have fun while [FONT=&quot]killing[/FONT]..... ahem, missing, people. (and dying, a lot)

Upvote 0
Your never gona get decent team play on publics mate, i strongly suggest you join a clan if you are looking for good team play with microphones and tactics.

There are good servers out there, public ones where you get the teamwork and good VOIP play. Well adminned servers will even get rid of the guys who are doing the screaming to STFU to the cooperative players. In sometimes even find it's the clan players who detract from the teamwork. If a server has a group of guys in a clan on, they tend to not communicate with the rest of the team and come across in an elitist manner by saying things that give the impression that players on public servers are somehow below them.

I think if some of the good clan guys would start communicating with the public players on VOIP, making plans and leading, then the team would follow and maybe that good teamwork and gameplay would spread faster.

We're also going to have to be dealing with (especially admins), an influx of all the guest pass players. In the past, it was a free weekend that brought in a large number of new players mixed with the idiot factor. We're going to see that idiot factor trickle in for months as the guest passes get used up.

Have patience, find a regular server that is well adminned, let the furor over the 50 player counts die down and the level of teamwork and good gameplay should come back. Best thing to do when you have jerks yelling you down to shut up on a server is either ignore them and keep on using your voice and teamwork, others will also start or maybe someone will kick him. The other thing, just find a different server, there are lots of good ones out there.

Upvote 0
What's more annoying are the the twits that think getting drunk and talking abusive trash to the other players over the VOIP is cool.
These people just do not have any idea how ridiculous and stupid they sound.
As for the idiots that like to mouth off...only takes a few seconds to mute, and then they're easy to ignore. This pisses them off more than any retort you could make. They're looking for attention in the first place. ;)
@topic:
I tend to always try and follow the acting C.O.'s directions...well, if he knows what he's doing anyway. If not, I try to run with a strategy that'll mess up the opposing teams cohesion as much as possible.

Upvote 0
We English don't have accents. English people speaking the English language = the real deal. It's all the others using our language that have the accents.

Unless he was a Geordie :D

The term accent when it comes to language refers more to a generality based on perception or point of view, as define, "the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people." Thus a specific group of people to the view point or perspective of another specific group would constitute an accent to that group.

Example would be an English Accent, an American Accent, a Georgian(America's Georgia) Accent, Southern, Northern England to Southern, etc...

Such that the Real Deal is not accurate to the useage of the word Accent as it pertains to the identification of an accent to someone who does not use that accent.

Now, if the one who refered to this originally in the post, had refered to the the "Accent" as anything other than an Original aspect of the English Language as apposed to the lingua franca being, any language widely used beyond the population of its native speaker, then you would have a point.

Just wanted clear that up a little.

Upvote 0
There are good servers out there, public ones where you get the teamwork and good VOIP play. Well adminned servers will even get rid of the guys who are doing the screaming to STFU to the cooperative players. In sometimes even find it's the clan players who detract from the teamwork. If a server has a group of guys in a clan on, they tend to not communicate with the rest of the team and come across in an elitist manner by saying things that give the impression that players on public servers are somehow below them.

I think if some of the good clan guys would start communicating with the public players on VOIP, making plans and leading, then the team would follow and maybe that good teamwork and gameplay would spread faster.

99.9% of clans use TS or some other similar programme thus wont use in voice chat its not being rude or detracting from teamwork its just playing together with your clan, thats the whole point of being in a clan. It isnt elitist at all and to be honest i hate people who accuse the clans of being elitist. The clans pay for the teamspeak and the majority of the servers out there so i think its only fair that they use it in their manner.

Seriously if you want good, proper and exciting team work the only way to get it is to join a clan or Iron Crescendo or something simliar.

Upvote 0
99.9% of clans use TS or some other similar programme thus wont use in voice chat its not being rude or detracting from teamwork its just playing together with your clan, thats the whole point of being in a clan. It isnt elitist at all and to be honest i hate people who accuse the clans of being elitist. The clans pay for the teamspeak and the majority of the servers out there so i think its only fair that they use it in their manner.

Seriously if you want good, proper and exciting team work the only way to get it is to join a clan or Iron Crescendo or something simliar.

I use Vent as well with my friends while I play. And at the same time I use in game VOIP to get the teamwork going. There is nothign saying you can't do both at once. Sticking to just the clan speak and refusing to use the public VOIP chat in game is exactly the elitist problem folks have been talking about. The whole point of the VOIP is for people to communicate and achieve a higher level of teamwork.

And as for clans, I've tried those, many years ago. I still find that I get far more out of both the clan members and the public players when I don't play as a clan, including their variety...so I don't play in clans in any games. I do however play WITH clans, often, and I'm an admin on a popular server with a very high standard of good teamwork and respectful behaviour. In my years of experience, I've found that clans can both keep a high standard among themselves or more often than not, they can cover up and excuse the idiotic behaviour of their members just because they are a member of the clan. It's like some kind of highschool sports team.

I'm a decent player, I have fun, and I enjoy the teamwork...and in all the years on online gaming that I have behind me, I've always found that good, open, public servers, well adminned, including clans that COMMUNICATE with the player base are the best to play on. Hands down.

Upvote 0
I use Vent as well with my friends while I play. And at the same time I use in game VOIP to get the teamwork going. There is nothign saying you can't do both at once....

I do also. If I am directly responding to someone in Vent or Teamspeak, then that is one thing. If I want others who are only in the game to hear as well, I will use VOIP. Honestly, it is not hard to do.

Surely if someone is playing with a clan and has non-clan members on the team, what do they do... use VOIP to get a message across or ignore them as if they are not there? I would hope the first.

But, I guess it is a personal choice...

Upvote 0