• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Bridge Crossing tactical Beta2

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
THIS VERSION SHOULD WORK, sorry for the beta1!

DOWLOAD HERE: http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/338

i remade the famous america's army map "bridge crossing se" for RO, it only took me one afternoon!

it was my favorite map on AA, and i used to play it 24/7. its a verry simple but extremely tactical map. all you need to do is cross the bridge, and capture the towers.

-rounds only last 15 minutes
-30 reinforcements for defenders
-40 reinforcements for attackers
-plenty of automatic, and semi automatic weapons.
-all attackers can choose smoke grenades
-exact same secret passage in towers as in AA
-those who fall of the bridge will see something down there...:D

for those who don't know the map from AA, its an extremely simple, yet tactical map. maps like these encourage teamwork and communication. and therefore i think clans will like it. and for regular servers i believe it could be a short map, that brings some fresh air between bigger maps!

Tested beta2. A few toughts:

Shouldn't there be only one cap far behind defenders? ..If you're after original AA bridge type of gameplay, that is.

I think one of the best points in AA bridge was that if there were only 1-2 defenders left they could stay in good camping positions in their tower(or near), risking that attacker could pass them without noticing or start moving around to make sure attackers won't sneak around thus exposing themselves. Now you can sit in the tower and you'll notice right away when someone is in the cap zone.

Also if you decide to move cap zone behind, instant capping with only one attacker is must in my opinion..

All in all really nice version of my favourite map from AA. I'll definitely will be playing this if I see server running it! Thank you!

Upvote 0
Easter eggs lose a lot of their "fun" if you tell people they are there.
;)

hey, i said "something down there" :D

all suggestions are welcome, i played it myself on a full server yesterday. great fun. its a short little map, rushers, campers and tactical players can get what they want.

ill maybe add more reinforcements, but im going to reduce the round time. most players are dead by the 8th minute. so 10 minute rounds maybe, instead of 15.

when i switched to smoke grenades, i couldnt go back to my rifle, untill i had thrown all 2 smokes. does this happen to everybody?

@manstein, maybe if you give only enough reinforcements to let everybody spawn in 1 time, i fear that some players with slow connection who join later, might not get a chance to spawn in. as those who die first will get his reinforcement.

thanks!

Upvote 0
Important if you want to capture gameplay of original

Important if you want to capture gameplay of original

First up well done now down to what need to be done to make it more like the original, firstly those pillars on the sides of bridge as you cross the bridge are too small and low they should be higher so your gun is just over in them standing, plus there should also be snow at the sides of the bridge so you can jump up behind those pillars other than that you did a good job.:)

Upvote 0
all suggestions are welcome

OK,i try too.Maybe in some other this map version is this useful.
In my vision would be good BC map - 10 minute short, without reinforcements(like in AAO), 8 versus 8 men : commander with SMG, pistol and binocular; sniper with scoped bolt-action rifle and pistol; SMG-man to support sniper; one machine-gunner also with pistol; and four men with no-scoped semiautomatic rifles.Quantity of grenades should be decide after beta testing.Only IMHO :).

E:...and about objective... I think, that would be good, if attackers party would vary each round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0