• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soft Body Armor

Sgt.Rock

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2006
Texas
Ive been looking around trying to find some good concealable soft body armor, and have had some trouble making a decision. So far the brands ive seen are: Pinnacle, Point Blank, as well as the other brands listed at the bottom of this website. http://www.sofmag.com/news/permalink1/2006/7/16/1206332814270.html

Pinnacle seems to be the choice, with the X2 soft trauma plates and the level III-A+(B) body armor, that or the Level III concealable Dragon skin, but theres so many other choices on the market, im not sure if the choice im making is the best (I also dont like the limited side coverage of the Pinnacle vests though).

What im looking for is full Torso coverage (front,back,sides), the ability to add in truama plates and ballistic plates (basically a frount pouch pocket, or like pinnacle, full coverage soft trauma plates [X2]), Concealable (under a shirt or sweatshirt), Multiple shot integrity and NIJ Level III-A stopping power (preferably Level III-A+(B))

So I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this matter.

Lol, you guys are quite the peanut gallery :D.

I just live in Texas, thats the main problem :p, we get some high noon shootouts everyonce in a while, and playing poker down at the bar isnt as safe as it is in other states:D .

But seriously, I just kinda thought it would be cool to have one, kinda fit with a modern uniform im putting together.

lol, robbing banks.....The history channels been playing shootout way to much.:D

Upvote 0
Lol, you guys are quite the peanut gallery :D.

I just live in Texas, thats the main problem :p, we get some high noon shootouts everyonce in a while, and playing poker down at the bar isnt as safe as it is in other states:D .

But seriously, I just kinda thought it would be cool to have one, kinda fit with a modern uniform im putting together.

lol, robbing banks.....The history channels been playing shootout way to much.:D
Hey you never know. In October 2005, some guy made a post on SomethingAwful asking for shotgun recommendations and a week later he killed his family using the very same shotgun that was recommended.

Upvote 0
In Philly... IDK about all of PA, but here its illegal to wear concealed body armor...

And besides, cops here are trained to put 2 in the chest and if they bounce or do nothing... 3 more to the head..:D

If that's true, that's rather sad, considering body armor's defensive nature and the fact that philly is probably the most likely place on the east coast for someone to be randomly shot.

And I think that in reality the mozambique drill is outside the abilities of the normal Philly cop.

Upvote 0
Tell that to the cops in L.A.

Yes. Anything that prohibits an LAPD cop from instantly killing you if he deems it necessary should be banned.

My dad actually bought some cheap body armor to wear because his pharmacy was constantly being robbed, and there was another pharmacy in the city had seen an employee walked into the back room and executed so he wouldn't get in the way while the guy grabbed the drugs. Since dad decided he'd rather not have that happen to him he bought a vest and a gun while he worked on getting a job that wasn't in the ghetto.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uhm, read again, my reply was retorting your statement that body armor is defensive, when really it's more neutral. It's just like a gun, some use them for defense, some use them for offense. But I wouldn't go about making a statement saying "guns are defensive by nature" :rolleyes:

But body armor alone, by itself, is purely protective. I take offense to the idea that something designed to protect can be banned (as it supposedely is in Philadelphia), because it makes it harder for a cop to kill you if you break the law. It would be like if you could only have a car that was smaller and slower than police cars so they could more easily catch you.

Upvote 0