• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: What do you prefer: 3D voices or not.

Poll: What do you prefer: 3D voices or not.

• Total voters
The big deal is,
MG's calling for ammo can be instantly located without having to open the map and look for him.
Aural information about the locations of your teammates (calling help etc).
Being able to determine distance based on sound is a plus, let alone an addition to the immersion factor.
Now you know where to look when somebody call grenade.

Apart from costing the dev(s) some time, how many factors of the current system outweigh what i mentioned above?

Upvote 0
"As the nades they rained down"
by [ODIN]cart

He ran through the mist
He climbed up tall stairs
He raided and killed
and caused great dispair
He heard lots o' shoutin'
as the nades they rained down
and ran for his life
so the nades nothing found

Angry and shaking
he fired up a storm
of bullets and nading
as the sun rays looked on
but hasted away
For a last cap' was bound

But the world 'round him trembled
The yelling got loud
as the fighting as ever
was bitter and proud
and BOOM!, lost his life
when he lost 3D sound

haha aint that the truth :p
personally, i wouldnt mind MG ammo-warnings to be all-over, but grenadewarnings etc just ARE useless at the moment. Thus people never use it and use TS and ventrilo instead, wich leads to other persons believing voicecommands are unnecessary.
however, when the voicecommands of direct and imminent danger (like the grenade warning) become 3d, soon people will see the benefit of this and shortly after people want it no other way anymore.

I HONESTLY cant see what's so much better about the system the way it is now, then when at least some of the voicecommands would be 3d.:confused:

Upvote 0
but grenadewarnings etc just ARE useless at the moment. Thus people never use it and use TS and ventrilo instead, wich leads to other persons believing voicecommands are unnecessary.
however, when the voicecommands of direct and imminent danger (like the grenade warning) become 3d, soon people will see the benefit of this and shortly after people want it no other way anymore.
Yes, at least the warnings in RO 3.3 actually worked.

Can't tell that of Ostfront.

Maybe little details like this meant why RO 3.3 did have a lot of teamplay and Ostfront doesn't.

Upvote 0
Theres no benefit in not having the voices as 3d at all. What you hear doesn't mean anything until you look at the text to see where it originated. Why not have a little click sound or something to alert you to the text, but hear the voice in 3d? It would be so much better hearing someone shout "grenade!" and knowing that its a threat nearby rather than on the other side of the map. You could do away with the Satchel Planted spam on the HUD because we could pinpoint exactly where the satchel is if the soldier shouts that he placed one. Voice comms would become useful rather than a sometimes amusing thing to do when bored "ACHTUNG SHAMBEH BAMBEH" "ARCHELOCH" etc..atm you hear a voice comm and just look at the text to see the general area it originated from..99% of the voice comms would be much more useful as 3d..the only one better as it is is the "NEED HELP" command, but even then as I already stated, it just alerts you to the TEXT, which we would have anyway with 3d sounds..just add a little sound for important comms so we know theres a new message. Man we can hear people scream from half a mile away, why can't we hear em scream "NEED HELP AT..." loud and the others at a quieter volume. It would add to realism and teamplay so 5 star idea imo with no negative aspect that I can think of.

I don't understand TWI's stance that it increases teamwork having it as it is..it seems the opposite to me

Last edited:
Upvote 0