• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Putz!!!! :)

The train rider story is a fake. He was never ill and he is fine still riding trains.

In the of the vid (in some versions) some employees of the Deutsche Bahn ("Germany's train company") leave the train und try to catch him ... they fail. But a few weeks later he was caught (someone recognized his face) and they tried to put him into jail. He didn't go into jail because he bought a ticket for the distance he "travelled" with the train. Train riding is not forbidden it seems but dodging the fare would have been.

True story it was on TV here in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK9_cRtbnhg

Upvote 0
unless he was 6" tall, he wouldn't have been able to rotate like that...he was beneath that bridge and had the camera on a stick...

and unless the driver was engrossed in a book, (you would hope he was reading signals), I would have thought he would have slammed on the anchors while repeatedly sounding his horn upon seeing a body in the 4 foot.

Upvote 0
What would be the point? it probably takes a mile to stop the thing.

That's what should drivers do, at least in my country, as a matter of course. If the guy in the 4' is unaware and alerted by the horn, application of breaks would give him more time to get out. If the train is going to pass over him, a reduced speed will decrease the chance of him being picked up.
But yes, you're right, the driver won't be able stop the train short of that point, even though he may see a body from quite a distance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A friend of mine who is train driver once told me that a colleague of his managed to stop (with just the locomotion, no waggons added) mere two meters in front of someone who wanted to commit suicide. He immediately got out of the train and asked if he was allright. The guy replied "yes", so the driver beat the hell out of him, so the suicidal ended up in the hospital ;)

Upvote 0
This reminded me a school trip we had a year ago :)

We were on the way to Ankara on train for 5 hours when a violent train horn interrupted our sleep. Most of us didn't care, thinking this is just some usual train stuff.

But we were wrong. We heard a big "bang" noise and hen the train began to shake with rattle noises. When we stopped, we were not allowed to get off the train, but some of us(me) manage to sneak out and took a look at what happened.

Apperently, we had just hit a truck on a railway-road intersection. The truck was literally obliterated, and driver station of the train damaged heavily. Luckily, noone was hurt(as they told us) and we continued our trip after 1.5 hour delay when a replacement hauler arrived. Here's some piccies:

Upvote 0