• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are you mapper?

Well, if the poor kid wasn't troubled before, he is now. Way to go USA! Continuing the trend of taking good honest citizens and making criminals out of them (see: drug war).

Sorry, but the fact of the matter is that the "freedom" we have/had in this country is based on the notion that we citizens leave each other alone and mind our own business, and the government does the same for us, until somebody ACTUALLY CAUSES TROUBLE! This kind of paranoid reaction helps nothing, and at worst it'll give some already unstable person the push he needs to "fight back" against the police state or whatever.

Anyway, what's the more likely source of the acceptance of and tendency toward violence in America's youth? The so-called "murder simulator" video games, where you can pretend to kill, or maybe the glee with which our government spends all those BILLIONS of dollars to REALLY murder innocent people on the other side of the world? Hmmm... Why are our children so confused?

Upvote 0
Mappers build things they know to get started. Some build their room as a rats-like map (although in most games these mappers are kind enough not to release it...), some build their entire home and some build their school which is like a second home for most anyway as you spent half a day in it every weekday. A school is bigger than a home so you can do more with it in terms of playability.

What the heck? How is this connected to crimes? If I draw a picture of my sleeping girlfriend I'm not interested in killing her...

"If you aren't paranoid, you just aren't paying enough attention."

Upvote 0
Why didn't they try to get an interview with the kid himself, instead of some fat paranoid chick? Limitations of course. The design of some schools, does make for good maps. Should they be looking at people who make an office complex? Or a warehouse? What about a church?

I love that fat, white chick though, "I guess if thats what they thought was best for him, than thats what i think. paraphrased

aaaaaALLUUUUk GGALUUOOOO-tv's frank

I know for certain that violent things broadcast to you over time will certainly make you have thoughts of such violence, But it's your mind that is in control, at least for some people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Terroristic" here we go... plz Mr. Agent Man protect me from The Evil Do'ers, not by Volunteering to Serve in the Military, but by arresting Diabolical CS Kiddies. Good Job!

Does anyone see a link between Oklahoma and Waco? Does a World with more violent Cops lead to more violent criminals? Does violence in every day life contribute more to the problem than virtual violence?

I know in my case, video games are a place for me to satisfy my violent male tendencies. All males are violent, even gaylords. But only a couple freaks go on killing rampages.

Upvote 0
"Terroristic" here we go... plz Mr. Agent Man protect me from The Evil Do'ers, not by Volunteering to Serve in the Military, but by arresting Diabolical CS Kiddies. Good Job!

Does anyone see a link between Oklahoma and Waco? Does a World with more violent Cops lead to more violent criminals? Does violence in every day life contribute more to the problem than virtual violence?

I know in my case, video games are a place for me to satisfy my violent male tendencies. All males are violent, even gaylords. But only a couple freaks go on killing rampages.
Wait what :confused:

Upvote 0
What the heck? How is this connected to crimes? If I draw a picture of my sleeping girlfriend I'm not interested in killing her...

Or possibly doing something else. I wonder what... :rolleyes:

I don't know why it has caused so much commotion. I cannot deny the fact that violent games have more or less effect in the way or another, but I wonder why people cannot understand the diffrence between a game and the reality. Makes me often think that life is just a dream in some parallel matrix-alike universe where you think you live an ordinary life but it just isn't that.

Why didn't they try to get an interview with the kid himself, instead of some fat paranoid chick?

Isn't it the sad but true 'fact' (aka bad excuse for being paranoid) that the 'guilty' one is always 'wrong' and the others are always 'correct' and the guilty one must pay for his\her actions?

But one thing I have always wondered:
How come it is not 'violent', but 'natural' if some E.G. spider kills a bug and eats it, or lion kills some animal X and eats it, and if human kills lion and stuffs it and blablaba, but if human kills human in any situation it is extremely violent?

Sure you cannot compare human lives to animals and insects, but we're all living beings. Technically we have the same functions also; live your life, feed yourself, reproduce, die due cause or another and so on.

So I really wonder why term 'violent' is technically either suffering inflanation or having the usage gone out of hand.

Upvote 0
Actually, there is no proof that violent media makes people violent, despite the fact that people have been trying to proove just that for 60 years or so? (think beyond vid-games too, Rock'n Roll anyone?).

The proof is just not there, only thing that is a proven fact is that engaging in something like vid-games will for a short time increase the amount of stress hormone and adrenaline in your system.. but what exactly does that proove? nothing, you get the exact same physical reaction from doing anything that you find exciting and challenging, riding your bike a little faster than you feel you should, sports, its a natural respons, you are asking more of your mind and body so your body switches into high gear.

Hell, people will usually feel many many many times thouse levels of stress and adrenaline rush when taking a test or exam, does that make them violent? or even killers? not bloody likely..

Upvote 0
Hell, people will usually feel many many many times thouse levels of stress and adrenaline rush when taking a test or exam, does that make them violent? or even killers? not bloody likely..
Lol! I knew there had to be a reason why they always shoot up schools and not their local videogame LAN. I think you found it.

/cynism

Upvote 0