• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Attaching and detaching scopes

aag567

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
The Ziess scope could attached to the Tokarev. But for this sight adjusting would needed. Btw for the late war maps you could add limited Allied weapons, some Germans transferred from the Western front carried them, one took a BAR and a M1.

Well, I doubt that attaching scopes was done in battle situation.

And I think using captured weapons was more front based. On eastern front germans used a lot of soviet weapons and on western front they sometimes used for example american guns.

But I dont think they transferred them from Western front to Eastern front. It would have been a major logistic problem for ammo supply.

Upvote 0
I guess even using them on the western front would have been a logistic problem with ammo supplies.:confused:

Of course they might have done it, and of course soldiers picked an enemy weapon up and used it, but I don't think that the transfer of western weapons to the eastern front happened in any significant numbers. Just because there is a picture of a 6th army dude holding a B.A.R. or something doesn't mean that it was done often enough to be represented in RO.

In RO we don't play individual soldiers who might have faught with god knows what (maybe their granddaddies duel pistols as a last resort), we play "classes" such as strelok/Sch

Upvote 0
Well, since snipers are meant to stand back and snipe people from a safe concealed position, they have the time to do so.

Yes. They don't have anything else like sniping enemy sharpshooters or mg's so they can spend two (out of 15) minutes screwing a scope unto their weapon, which ultimately has ZERO influence on the gameplay. Hell, why don't we just implement crotch scratch button and the ability to stand on your head. This forum gives me headache.

(My point here is: think before you post.)

Upvote 0
Yes. They don't have anything else like sniping enemy sharpshooters or mg's so they can spend two (out of 15) minutes screwing a scope unto their weapon, which ultimately has ZERO influence on the gameplay. Hell, why don't we just implement crotch scratch button and the ability to stand on your head. This forum gives me headache.

(My point here is: think before you post.)

The scope allows them to get a better idea of where their bullet lands, so they can adjust the scope properly. Anyway, the circumstances you're gonna be under aren't always not going to allow you to spare a couple of minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, since snipers are meant to stand back and snipe people from a safe concealed position, they have the time to do so.

that counts only for real snipers. But so far the "Snipers" in RO:O can not be called real snipers. And there is no real need to adjust the scope at the moment ,cause we rarely have the real distance where it is usefull to do it, the snipers fight at the moment on the level with the usual infantry, the real snipers target "usualy" was counter-sniping and enganging enemies on more then 500 up to 1000m. This is barrely, if ever represented in RO:O (i would love a sniper class on Orel sometimes!, that map has the REAL sniper distance! And it would be great to snipe out the commander from his turret when he pops out his head!). I would love anyway to have the future, to adjust weapons for distance, at least for snipers and also a scope with realistic zoom. Something to make sniping really interesting and even more unique.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, the problem here is that snipers in RO are designated marksmen. They even aren't supposed to sit still for days looking for that perfect shot. No. They are supposed to support their team by taking out dangerous enemy targets. I think that these snipers you read of are so called real snipers, who sit in the bushes for days (Germans relied on these lone wolves as soviets had more of these designated marksmen. Later Germany too started adapting designated marksmen). If RO was some kind of full blown sniper simulator, then yes, but otherwise no.

Upvote 0

We don't actually play as "snipers" in the true sense of the term. We play as platoon marksmen with scoped rifles. Different role, really. We're the sharpshooters who are supposed to move WITH the platoon but pick off those hard-to-spot enemies, not the guys who track a general for 4 days and put a bullet through his head at 600m.

Upvote 0
The only thing most soldiers with sniper rifles to help them, was to keep it from acting like a signal by dulling the shine and wrapping the scope in burlap and things to protect it (and reduce the chance of reflections.)

PS, I sure could use that crotch scratch button, that would be a great novelty.

Lol, that reminds me, the "walk" animation should be improved by having the weapon shouldered down.

Upvote 0