• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Realism" Clan Add-on?

Well as they're very inaccurate while moving then they should get increased accuracy while being stationary, not the other way around.
Do you really think that you can't hit anything if you move and shoot with a fully automatic weapon?
Yeah that is what i am saying bonus for stopping b4 firing and yes your accuracy would be greatly reduced,
do u really think when you encounter an enemy in a room(say 10meters away) you would start to sidestep and fire or just fire.

Upvote 0
Yeah that is what i am saying bonus for stopping b4 firing and yes your accuracy would be greatly reduced,
do u really think when you encounter an enemy in a room(say 10meters away) you would start to sidestep and fire or just fire.
I'd try to get behind cover while firing at the enemy. So yeah, I probably would try going to either side as that would make it harder for the other guy to hit me.
And the accuracy of the smgs in game are already unrealistically low.
We don't need to make the game less realistic because you can't deal with the guns in the game :p

Upvote 0
So when u engage a man 10 meters away IRL you go to next cover sidestepping and spraying hoping that sidesteps will save u and you wont get shot, brilliant
About the accuracy with IS ****ing you are right,
and about me ****ing and cant deal come here whine part that is absolutely amazing and another genious conclusion,i hope you sometimes read what you've quoted it might help.I guess you dont like reading much rather comment on ppls gaming skills that u have never played with
or no bonuses when you stop to shoot

Upvote 0
So when u engage a man 10 meters away IRL you go to next cover sidestepping and spraying hoping that sidesteps will save u and you wont get shot, brilliant
About the accuracy with IS ****ing you are right,
and about me ****ing and cant deal come here whine part that is absolutely amazing and another genious conclusion,i hope you sometimes read what you've quoted it might help.I guess you dont like reading much rather comment on ppls gaming skills that u have never played with
Calm down man... first, I haven't "engaged" anyone in real life, nor do I wish to. However, I figure that up close you'd have a greater chance of survival if you avoid standing still while someone is trying to shoot you.
Second, about reading other peoples posts, did you miss the ':p' at the end of mine?

Upvote 0
Excuse my lack of knowledge... but who is that? Some author? :p

have you seen movie Beautiful Mind? Main character is mathematician Nash, and his schizofrenia let him find some crazy codes in newspapers wich led to his feeling that he is agent of US goverment during WW2.

It is nice movie about very important and real person (he got also Nobelprize...) ... try wikipedia for more info ;)

Upvote 0
have you seen movie Beautiful Mind? Main character is mathematician Nash, and his schizofrenia let him find some crazy codes in newspapers wich led to his feeling that he is agent of US goverment during WW2.

It is nice movie about very important and real person (he got also Nobelprize...) ... try wikipedia for more info ;)
Ok... that guy, I guess I should be flattered... or not:confused: :D

Upvote 0
Calm down man... first, I haven't "engaged" anyone in real life, nor do I wish to. However, I figure that up close you'd have a greater chance of survival if you avoid standing still while someone is trying to shoot you.
Second, about reading other peoples posts, did you miss the ':p' at the end of mine?
I have a grudge against ppl who just reply to every suggestion made with a "learn the game noob,obviously u ****" type messages,damn those angry attention seeking teenagers,i've become one of them too i guess :)

Upvote 0
Maybe, but maybe not. While I'm all for giving server admins the ability to adjust gameplay along as many variables as possible, bear in mind that not everyone's notion of what is "realism" matches up.

In this discussion alone we've had a minor debate about the "realism" of SMG accuracy and usage in RO. Some folks view the SMGs as "noobish" and as being used unrealistically. Others say that the gun itself is fine. Personally, I think the gun is fine but the problem is with the user, and that's not something that tweaking server variables will help much. But then, I tend to think that the key is to make the equipment itself operate as realistically as possible, while accepting the fact that the PLAYERS won't necessarily USE said equipment realistically. I'm willing to accept unrealistic uses of the equipment, because the alternative (IE: altering equipment unrealistically to produce one person's notion of "realistic" gameplay) doesn't sit well with me.

That said, options are always a plus and allows folks to adjust. Just don't think that when a clan or admin changed settings everyone would say "Yes, this is realistic." Hell, I'm sure there's some people out there who think it's unrealistic that the Germans ever lose a round, so for them, realism is "All German equipment operates so well that Germans always win."

oh. I think the mps are fine. In most cases. I just think they are not accurate enough in iron sight.

Cause of a high recoil in iron sight and sometimes ridiculous spray, they seem not very usable for me, against the other weapons, like rifles, particularly semi rifles. And even more when the enemy is shoting from cover. I really can not say, if the accuracy and recoil of the mps are in real that way too. But i somewhat doubt that a bit.

RO:O is the only "realistic" game that animates me with the MPS more to spray with them near my whole magazine out for 1 enemy, regardless if hip or iron sight, instead of using short controled bursts. I just think most of the time, "damn i dont hit him with the first 2-3 bursts anyway! But I end killed from his rifle".

The most interesting firefights i have, are with another MP using players when we are both in cover. Realy intesing!

Upvote 0
The most interesting firefights i have, are with another MP using players when we are both in cover. Realy intesing!
And more than likely more "realistically life-like" than any other.
Its amazing that people think that just because a gun is accurate that with every squeeze of the trigger they can shoot with pin point accuracy with bullets, bombs and sharpnel flailing around them. Unless one is in a well concealed location away from the fray, most of the time its just just point and shoot. Its generally known that its not the accuracy of the weapons that wins the battle, but more the side that can throw the most lead and/or firepower wins the day.

Upvote 0
I know that pisses me off too.....

ok on these segestions their great, I want some Waffen SS Skins, and for ****s sake people, it happened but yall dont understand that it was allgimine SS not Waffen SS that killed jews and blah blah blah, yes, some Waffen SS units did some **** but wooop deee doooo, They fought just as hard as any and I would like to see them in this game, IRL I reenact Waffen SS Division "Das Reich" and what we kill 500+ french people oh well, it happened, they killed 20 of are wounded, I think we deserved some pay back. Ok so I want German SS Camo and blah blah blah '44 Dot and that stuff cuz I hate STICKING OUT LIKE A BUNG HOLE ON MAPS THAT NEED CAMO, I Anti-Tank and I hate beening spotted cuz of my Feldgrau uniform, at reenactments I see one two people in just reg uniform, everyone else is in a zeltbahn or Smock, ok so thats what I want and the rest suggested by 5.SS guy are great.

Upvote 0
Reduced grenade throwing range and increased killing range.

Well I guess the 'killing range' should be bit random each time, and grenade psychics itself should be changed pretty much with the range. Just reducing the range still would allow you basically to have snipernades.

Server admin-selectable uniform Skin sets: i.e. Winter Camo for Germans, Gebirgsj

Last edited:
Upvote 0