• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crah to desktop in server Window

BlackLabel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
Hi,

i have this weird crash since yesterday evening. As soon as i enter the Browser window the game crashes back to desktop with this :

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2012 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO (9147)

General protection fault!

History: MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
Whould a reeinstall help ? I checked my i-net connection and everything works flawlessly...any ideas ?

Allright here it is :

Uninitialized: Log file open, 03/02/07 18:37:42
Uninitialized: STEAMAUTH : SteamStartup successful
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Oct 23 2006 10:24:54
Init: Command line:
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: f:\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\
Init: Ini:RedOrchestra.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: nv4_disp.dll/NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 1.349000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging Falsch
Log: Browse: ROintro.rom?Name=BlackLabel?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_Heer1?team=1?Sex=M?SpectatorOnly=1
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 26992->26992; refs: 265810
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level ROintro.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.506000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging Falsch
ScriptLog: ROGUIController initialized
Log: ALAudio: Using ALC_EXT_capture to record audio.
Warning: Konnte 'NULL': Kann Paketnamen nicht aufl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To make sure nothing is corrupt, back up your .ini files, and delete your system folder and verify the cache in RO. This will remake the system folder with fresh files then load your .ini's back in. This will help narrow it down hopefully to either a corrupt file, or something on your end.

Upvote 0
To make sure nothing is corrupt, back up your .ini files, and delete your system folder and verify the cache in RO. This will remake the system folder with fresh files then load your .ini's back in. This will help narrow it down hopefully to either a corrupt file, or something on your end.

BLACKLABEL, I think you did things a little different. Back up just your .ini files, then delete the system folder. Then in Steam, right click RO and properties, then verify the cache. It will extract all the files again (in essence, make new 'good' ones) Continue to follow directions above....

Upvote 0
BLACKLABEL, I think you did things a little different. Back up just your .ini files, then delete the system folder. Then in Steam, right click RO and properties, then verify the cache. It will extract all the files again (in essence, make new 'good' ones) Continue to follow directions above....

Hi Moe. Thanks. Yoshi dident mention that there must be some things to do in Steam. Mhhh. Allright. RO is my only steam application.

Upvote 0
Just to let you know, I don't have a solution, but just had someone else in the #rohelp channel with this same issue, deleting system folder and reverifying cache didn't solve the problem. They get the problem when going into the config menu and when going into the multiplayer menu. He also said that it was working ok before this cropped up. Log looks the same as the one posted above. Tried running it windowed and the same thing happens.

So you are not alone...

Upvote 0