• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat Tracking

Facts...

Facts...

Well as much as everyone says about stat padding, cheating or whatever. It must not really be happening that much? I never do any of the above as an example and I've made it on many of the RO Stat sites that currently exist, within the top 10.

I'm a very strict player and what I mean by that, is I will ONLY use a bolt action or single shot rifle. Sure the occassional grenade. I auto-select upon entering a server and remain on that team for the duration of my play (The whole evening) regardless of the map, unlike many other players, who switch strictly depending on the map because of the fact that capture points are how you get outragious scores. I just strive to be the best that I can and make the game more challenging with all of my quirks. It makes the game more gratifying and I've done this for all FPS games I've ever played.

Sure people will cheat, pad, and do many of the things mentioned in this complete thread but it's obviously never hurt my rankings from BF42, BFV, BF2, and RO. I don't think it's as wide spread as many think or I'd never be as high as I am if it were the case. Sure I may never make it to number one but as high as I've gotten in RO playing as strict as I do is an accomplishment with those that do cheat or pad etc.

If the devs would simply make bot kills (0) points that alone would change the scope of the stat sites that currently exist and I may be in the top 5 or number 1 for that matter.

I also would just like to see single stats per weapons or accuracy, like for every 3 shots I have 2 kills or something similar and where I would stand in the world of rifleman as an example...

No game in the history of the world will ever have perfect stat tracking, anti-cheating etc. everything is always beatable, but obviouisly it hasn't stopped many of the most popular games from removing them (Stats that is). It's just something folks strive for, if stats exist it makes for a more popular game, it's human nature to get better. I love RO but BF2 for whatever reason is still a billion dollar game, personally I ditched it and can't stand it, RO is probably only in the hundreds of thousands maybe... I'd love to see RO as the greatest game ever and personally I believe it is, due to it's accuracy... If RO could add planes, more vehicles, complete stat tracking and have the fluidness of say BF2 but keeping the accuracy it has with weapons there would be absolutely no game that could ever touch it.

Personally if you took the vehicle aspects of BF series games, stats, added in, the depth of WWII Online but had the graphics and accuracy exactly how they are currently in RO you would have a billion dollar seller on your hands...

Sorry about the rant but that is truly my dream game and I'm still hoping someone, someday is or will be working on it...

Upvote 0
I think stat tracking is a good client side option that you can enable or disable, just to see if your actually improving and so you can set goals for yourself. Deaths per minute, percentage of time spent in capzone as oppose to not in capzone and accuracy would all be usefull to me :)

Clown the fact that you only ever use bolt action makes you my new hero! It must tick you off when people complain about being stuck with a bolt ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks...

Thanks...

Well it's funny you say that, I actually laugh at them and tell them that's all I use and that it's actually the best gun in the game... The one thing that does tick me off though is bayo guys and spray and pray guys.

Of course you can't win unless you get that lucky hip shot but those are few and far between. I'm all about zone captures and those that have played with me know where to find me (I'm always there)...

I've even been called a cheater that's always been a compliment to me and that goes back to the days of UT, Rogue Spear... Sure it's sad to be proud of your game play but I do take it quite seriously but I do have fun with it as well...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My opinion is simple: No.

If you want more content than pubbing, join a campaign (like Iron Crescendo), a ladder team or a clan. Wasting noobs on public servers for stats is not my cup of tea.

Stats will lead to stat whoring. No matter how idealistically you look at it.

Comments about pubbing with noobs are exactly the elitist crap that steers me away from clans in the first place, and their pet servers. I've found better players, more friendly and communicative players on public servers in this game than when any of the clans are around on a server.

Stats that reflect personal skill are always nice to see. Accuracy with weapons for example, or number of flag caps. Some sort of stat system that makes a little more sense or means a little more than the two I know being used that are pretty much useless right now.

Upvote 0
There won't be any official approved stats as far as i know, so there is really no point in discussing it.

But there were some interesting points brought up that actually could work without "stat padding"

For one, no kill or death count, and no k/d ratio. These three stats don't show how "good" you are, or how much you contribute to the team.

But it could use:

Accuracy for every single weapon every weapon = rounds/kill*100.

Artillery efficiency = kills per called in strike - teamkills per strike.

Cap efficiency = Zones capped on matches you played in / caps you took part in.

These three stats wouldn't be easy to "pad" I think, while still giving a good overview of how 1337 someone is.

Upvote 0
I've found better players, more friendly and communicative players on public servers in this game than when any of the clans are around on a server.

I certainly haven't. If there wasn't Iron Crescendo, I wouldn't be playing this game any longer. That's the only place I can go look for some real teamwork and suspense.

But pubs... Nobody cares if they win or lose. Half the people don't even know what you're supposed to do in the map or where the cap zones are. Squad Leaders most probably don't know how to use their smokes and Snipers never get more than five points in a round.

Yay. I wanna go pubbin'! (And that's sarcasm.)

The only thing I use public servers for is practice. Real people are still better targets than bots.

Upvote 0