• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
We tried it, and for the most part, most folks liked them. Problem was it also was a dammage mutator and close up shots had little or no effect.So now its gone.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. At least this opens the door for someone to make a quality sound addon, or at least spark that idea in someone who is capable of doing so.

Big <S> to those who make free stuff on thier own time for the sim we all love. :)

Upvote 0
We tried it, and for the most part, most folks liked them. Problem was it also was a dammage mutator and close up shots had little or no effect.So now its gone.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. At least this opens the door for someone to make a quality sound addon, or at least spark that idea in someone who is capable of doing so.

Big <S> to those who make free stuff on thier own time for the sim we all love. :)
I've seen (heard actually) alot of soundpacks and most of them aren't good so that's why it tends to agitate when people keep making them. I like quality and well thoughout/done stuff over "look what I can do/so I do it" type stuff.

Upvote 0
I've seen (heard actually) alot of soundpacks and most of them aren't good so that's why it tends to agitate when people keep making them. I like quality and well thoughout/done stuff over "look what I can do/so I do it" type stuff.

But every one has a different opinion. The only way to see if its acceptable is to try it really. As a matter of fact, I've heard probably 10x that "the sound pack is great!" than the half a dozen folks in here who post up about it. I just dont see the need to discourage work on any given mod area.

Upvote 0
But every one has a different opinion. The only way to see if its acceptable is to try it really. As a matter of fact, I've heard probably 10x that "the sound pack is great!" than the half a dozen folks in here who post up about it. I just dont see the need to discourage work on any given mod area.

I've heard the opposite, about 10 times more people hate all the new sounds, for all the reasons stated above.
A simple poll should shed some light on it.

Upvote 0
Wow, I used to love the RTR servers. Now, they uploaded explodey gravel and BB guns (not to mention gave the G41 the sound of the G43), because they're more "realistic." Worst of all, it wasn't even complete. Some sounds were stock ROO whether appropriately assigned or otherwise, and some were just... wow. I'm sorry, but even the sounds in CoD3 which were blatantly far off, were at least closer than what these weird ass sound packs are using. Go outside, fire a real gun, and then go back to vanilla ROO please.

Upvote 0
All they did was steal (crappy) sounds from another game (COD 2 of all games!) for this mutator. Nuff said. I just don't get why there is a need to mod the sounds for RO when the original sounds are so great. To each his own I guess. :confused:

If you want to mod something, lets restart interest in the penetration mod that was released a while ago, or someone PLEASE add a delay to exiting and switching positions in vehicles :) Something that would actually add something to the game.

Upvote 0
Hell, whoever put that sound mutator in one of the RTR server deserves to be shot. The only thing that improved in that soundpack was the bolt action rifles - nothing else got better.

I have CoD2, so I know that those are ripped CoD2 sounds. And the MP40 sound sounds exactly like the DoD custom Garand sound I used to have....it bugs me to no end :rolleyes:

Upvote 0