• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Some weird **** is going on. It looks like still before the storm.

1. http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/stalker/closed.aspx
2. Click on the "View your beta key". Don't look that it tells you beta is closed. It is not.
3. Log in
4. Get your beta-key. Guys say that those are real, working beta-keys - you can actually play with them over Internet without any additional software. I've already got mine beta-key, but I can't try to play with it atm (I'm using laptop now). Hope some of you guys will be more lucky than I am.

Upvote 0
It just sends me straight back to the menu screen if I attempt to join a game. ;(

However the atmosphere from testing the two levels is intense. I know I'm alone but I still have the torch on when I explore the darker areas. And it ain't just on to see where I'm going.

Same here. Cant join a server even with this hachambi (wotever) software.
And yes, atmosphere is great but there are somethings I really dont like:
the sound of the pistrol is terrible, in fact all the weapons (judging by the trailers) sounds crap.
The crouching is very jerky, like there is a cut between camera angles and not a fluid movement.
And a final, minor complaint- the stabbing should have been like in RO where you can choose when to release the lash to achieve more power.

Upvote 0
Coey, after trying to join the server, press ~ and read what does it says - you will help me, cause I have the same problem.

Cant join a server even with this hachambi (wotever) software.
You do know that first you need to join a virtual LAN group there, right? To do this, you need to know it's name and password. And even then, there must be people who actually have Stalker installed and running to play with them. So basically, you can tell your friends/brothers install all this soft and arrange, at what time you will play.

Upvote 0
Same here. Cant join a server even with this hachambi (wotever) software.
And yes, atmosphere is great but there are somethings I really dont like:
the sound of the pistrol is terrible, in fact all the weapons (judging by the trailers) sounds crap.
The crouching is very jerky, like there is a cut between camera angles and not a fluid movement.
And a final, minor complaint- the stabbing should have been like in RO where you can choose when to release the lash to achieve more power.
You can buy different guns/ammo. It's inconsistent but sometimes you'll have acces to a "buy" menu where you can buy different pistols, assault rifles, shotguns, smg (limited selection due to demo version). Some of them sound REALLY good. Also there's an option to buy a silencer for most weapons too.

[URL=http://www.picshome.com/][/URL]

URL%5D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make sure your CD-key is correct and it should let you in. I've played properly for 30 seconds before the server dropped, and a second time where buying stuff gave me a CTD, but what I have played is really quite good.

EDIT: Scratch that. I haven't been able to get back into a game yet. Out of 20 attempts 1 was a invalid CD Key and the rest were unable to connects.

EDIT2: I give up until a proper MP demo is released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can buy different guns/ammo. It's inconsistent but sometimes you'll have acces to a "buy" menu where you can buy different pistols, assault rifles, shotguns, smg (limited selection due to demo version). Some of them sound REALLY good. Also there's an option to buy a silencer for most weapons too.

[URL="http://www.picshome.com/"][/URL]

URL%5D
Good news.
Its not that I want just to find faults in this game, on the contrary- I want it to be great. This game tickles me much more than any other close coming fps,say like crysis which looks amzing but has settings and atmosphere I find cheesy (like a b-movie from the seventies).

Plus- it runs reasonably well on my junkyard pc (though Ill have to see how it fairs with some creatures else than me), and thats something Im always grateful for.

Upvote 0
Good news.
Its not that I want just to find faults in this game, on the contrary- I want it to be great. This game tickles me much more than any other close coming fps,say like crysis which looks amzing but has settings and atmosphere I find cheesy (like a b-movie from the seventies).

Plus- it runs reasonably well on my junkyard pc (though Ill have to see how it fairs with some creatures else than me), and thats something Im always grateful for.

What's your PC specs?

Upvote 0
You have to hold them, to stay prone?
Yep no ****, you have to hold crouch to crouch, then on top of that hold 'low crouch' to go prone, releasing either key makes you stand back up.

Performance wiste the game goes great on my modest PC. The HDR lighting as always is a massive performance issue, though strangely in this it runs smooth with it on but has a grinding halt every half minute or so. With it off I can run the game easily on high with a very high and smooth framerate.

Upvote 0