• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to make teamwork- By Jono

Jono

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
Right before i go on to state the idea i've got to say it has just come into my head and i have not actually thought about it and as i'm typing im beginning to see faults with it.

But me being me, i don't really care.

Right, listen up:

The Squad leader is the only one with the ability to cap.

Yep that's it.

Clever huh?

Oh you want more explanation? Ok

This would make it so the team would have to protect the leader and it would reduce if not abolish people running into cap zones spraying and praying killing most of their own team just to get ten points.
It does not end there!
If you're in the capzone when it is capped by the squad leader you get ten points because you have been helping "the war effort".

Discuss.

That might be an interesting way to go about it, but teams might still have problems with bad players who took that class and dont know what to do, and in some maps there might need to be more Squad Leader classes avaiable than there is now.

But I dont have much of an opinion beyond that, I'll have to think about it more. But this is making me think about modifided versions of this idea. I will post more thoughts later.

But even if majority is against this idea, I think it could be an excelent mutator to play, maybe more catered to realism clans and clan games.

Upvote 0
1 word.

AFK Squad Leader.
That's two words and an acronym, which is itself a further three words. :D

Good idea.
And to solve the afk/noob problem- just make 2 more higher rank soldiers: a sergant= 75% capping power. or somthin like that.
It would make the sniper's duty more tactical as he will have profound affect on the outcome by choosing to eliminate higher ranked soldiers.
As is, the sniper's only real use is to take out MG positions or enemy snipers, or keep watch over cap zones. That would actually be a pretty good idea.

Upvote 0
so now more people will go immediately to the commander class cause they will get protection.
so now all else working together in a team and in the capzone, dont get rewarded for getting in and trying to cap.
so now you cant take multiple objectives at the same time. for example: stalingrad-kessel. Taking the North Railway, and then go to the other objective. upon reaching this, NR is allready taken back. repeat untill time over/reinfs gone.

i dont like this idea.

Upvote 0
@RedStorm

u r a l33t hax0r hoo cud n0t 0wn a ham5t3r (or something like that). :D

RedStorm-mg42.JPG

Upvote 0