• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Old cynic i may be, and well aware i should wait to try it before judging, i can honestly say there is nothing in that game that can get more than a "meh" reaction from me.

Just looks like another standard boring shooter. Pretty graphics blah blah (though they aint THAT pretty) but so what?

We shall see...not going to get my hopes up though.

Upvote 0
Old cynic i may be, and well aware i should wait to try it before judging, i can honestly say there is nothing in that game that can get more than a "meh" reaction from me.

Just looks like another standard boring shooter. Pretty graphics blah blah (though they aint THAT pretty) but so what?

We shall see...not going to get my hopes up though.

the game wont be like other shooters , it has rpg elements, its open ended, and its kind of survival.and who cares about the graphics, games are not about graphics.

i agree about the guns though, they do look too stubby and the ejection port is on the wrong side

Upvote 0
the game wont be like other shooters , it has rpg elements, its open ended, and its kind of survival.and who cares about the graphics, games are not about graphics.

Which is exactly why i said "pretty graphics blah blah" Because i could care less about them. A game needs a selling point, with this one its looking increasingly unlikely to be any real long-term gameplay innovations - so they may have to end up relying on the GFX to sell it instead...oops.

And judging by the interviews im reading around, a lot of those features ^ that people keep using as a selling point sound like they are being dropped or half-assed.

Still not impressed, especially after the amount of time its been gestating.

Upvote 0
Dunno, the game looks pretty good to me, especially the outdoor environments. I'm quite interested in Chernobyl so walking through that environment would be pretty cool I think. If it has a good story, it could be good. And who cares about the dodgy guns if the game isn't meant to be realistic in the first place... lol, damn RO players:p

So what unique features have been cut out? And what's the story of the game? Link me!:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No kidding. Plus, it's got Counter-Strikeitis:

Aye, that bothers me alot too.. and the game would have to be very good for me to look past it..

Krinkov sights look wrong to me. Shouldn't it use a standard AK47 rear sight?

Nope, thats actually correct, the AKS-74U has a flip blade sight very much like the one on the PPSH-41, the only thing they got wrong there (apart from the ejection port) is that there should be markings on it telling you if you have flipped to the accuracy sight, or the more open CQB sight.

Upvote 0