• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

all these guys say, "fix my Tiger"

This has what to do with invincible soviet tanks? Ever taken a look at the armor code?

PzIII
// Armor
FrontArmorFactor=3
SideArmorFactor=3
RearArmorFactor=2

T34/76 and 85
// Armor
FrontArmorFactor=11
SideArmorFactor=6
RearArmorFactor=5

Yea, thats really balanced.

I can be agree that t-34 is overpowered in armor , but dont miss, t-34 had a armor much better than panzer III and panzer IV. The panther was developed so speedy because german saw that the panzer III and IV were'nt rival for a t-34.

I will say more, Panzer III was used to make infantery support or attack old russian tank (Su-76..), no attacking a t-34. The Panzer IV was the more perdurable tank of WWII and had a magnificient design, and thx of this, german gave it a better cannon and put extern protections..but in spite of this, t-34 was superior.

But i repeat, i also think t-34 armor is overpowered.

Upvote 0
43-44, i thought was older the su-76. Well i wanted to say that panzer III only was there to fight infantery and low armored vehicles ..no to fight the t-34
The Panzer IV with the short 75mm gun was there to fight infantry and lightly armored vehicles. The Panzer III was for the anti-tank role. The PzIII L we have in game was a match for the T34/76, except in RO it's real armor thickness is not evident.

Upvote 0
The Panzer IV with the short 75mm gun was there to fight infantry and lightly armored vehicles. The Panzer III was for the anti-tank role. The PzIII L we have in game was a match for the T34/76, except in RO it's real armor thickness is not evident.

Ths sort 75 mm cannon in my opinion weren't too good against t-34, its easy to see because germans changed the short cannon of the panzer IV to long one, the design of P IV lets them to put a larger cannon that gives a superior output speed..that its, more penetration. And germans try to put a panzer IV torret into a panzer III (to use a long cannon), but it didn't work.

Amor in L version were better, but not enought to get a side impact, or an A.P. shot. The fact is that Panzer III in russian front were to protect infantery or support heavier tanks against enemy infantery, and the logic reason for this is because they weren't rival against the russian main tank: the t-34.

Could a Panzer III-L penetrate a t-34 armor??..yes..but i think in a short distance and with some luck..The t-34 doenst need to close so much to destroy the P-III.

But Panzer III in russian front havent a antitank role, of this im almost sure.

Upvote 0
Could a Panzer III-L penetrate a t-34 armor??..yes..but i think in a short distance and with some luck..The t-34 doenst need to close so much to destroy the P-III.
Penetration of the 50mm KwK39 L60 and 76.2mm F-34 is practically the same, but the 50mm L60 has a few more milimeters of penetration. Both can engage each other out to 1000 meters. It was the shorter 50mm L42 that could only engage the T34 at 100 meters. There's a reason why the Germans put the PaK38 inside the PzIII.

50mm L60
Penetration at 60 degrees
Pzgr 39 (APBC) 100m - 69mm, 500m - 59mm, 1000m - 47mm

76.2mm F-34 L42
BR-350 B (APBC) 100m - 67mm, 500m - 57mm, 1000m - 46mm

50mm L60
Penetration at 90 degrees
Pzgr39 (APBC) 100m - 99mm, 500m - 78mm, 1000m - 61mm

76.2mm F-34
БР-350Б (APBC) 100m - 86mm, 500m - 75mm, 1000m - 62mm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're comparing one tank to one tank, and only in one aspect: armor.

What about how the T-34 compares to the Tiger? What about how the penetration power of the guns compare? What about how the T-34 compares to the later model Pz IVs? What about issues like reload speed, commander cupolas, sight differences, and the like?

You can't get a complete picture of balance unless you take the entire force into account, AND you look at other advantages and disadvantages that the tanks have.

Yes, the Pz III has weak armor, but it's also got a wickedly fast reload speed, and it's got a low profile which means it's great for ambushing. It's also got better optics than the T-34. So, yeah, if you try to drive it like you would a Tiger or a Pz IV H or F2, you're gonna have some trouble. If you drive it using, say, shoot-n-scoot tactics, or as if you were in a T-34 going up against a Tiger, you may have a better go of things.

Regardless, none of the issues you've raised have anything to do with what I was talking about originally. Someone raised an issue challenging how someone else used "gameplay", to which I responded that it was being used to denote the balance BETWEEN FUN AND REALISM, not between the Pz III and the T-34.

I get the sense you've got an axe to grind over this issue, which is why you brought it up. And yeah, IF the armor code is screwed up, then I'm all for fixing it. But comparing the T-34 to the Pz III isn't that different from comparing the Pz III to the T-60. They're not supposed to be "balanced" in the sense of "equal." The map in general is supposed to be balanced, but the tanks themselves should generally have realistic values as far as what RO tracks. If the T-34's armor values aren't realistic (and you haven't shown anything yet to back that up), then hey, let's fix 'em.

But if the issue's simply "It stinks that I can get killed by a T-34 when I'm in a Pz III", well.....you won't get much sympathy from me. It stinks to be killed in a T-34 by a Tiger, but I'm not complaining about how the Tiger's overpowered and the T-34's gimped.

I do agree that there's some issues in how the armor numbers are run, but I have a hunch that's more an issue of algorithms than the armor values of the tanks themselves.

Upvote 0
(un)Holy necromancy Batman!

Weren't we (as a community) past this, aside from fanboys *****ing in their respective corners?

One tank doesn't equal another tank. Numbers are in game that reflect that tanks actual values. If the Tiger keeps dying, it's the player's fault. If the Panther tanks keep dying, it's the players fault for thinking they're in a tiger. If the Russian tanks keep dying, congratulations, you're doing you're job. If the enemy tanks AREN"T dying, it's your own damn fault for not knowing what a shot worth taking is in a tank.

Can we let these issues die and just play the bloomin' game? Please?!

Upvote 0
I know I've posted on this somewhere on the forum, but I'll throw it out there again:

On the one hand, we've got a 'leave it alone' crowd and on the other a 'but it just isn't historically correct' crowd- and both are perfectly valid viewpoints. HOWEVER...

It's a game. What can be 'fixed' MAY be fixed to bring the 'armor/penetration value du jour' in line with more realism, but keep in mind that it may very well boil down to some modder out there doing it on his own, and it may very well take some time.

In the meantime, forget the Tiger and T-34 and the rest were ever REAL tanks and play them as they are presented in the game; regardless of how you THINK they should behave in the game, you still have to play them as they are.

Yes, I wish this and this and this and this were different, but it's not- and until somebody changes it that's just the way it is. Without trying to sound too 'big brotherly' (if that's even a real word!) you've got three choices: play the game as it is, wait for somebody else to address your concern, or TA-DAAA learn some coding and do it yourself. As I'm no game-design whiz, I'll opt for choices 1 and 2 and keep trying at #3.

Upvote 0
well a t-34 basically parks angled and you can shoot 20 times with a tiger and you know each time you will get nothing they all bounce off.

what about the turret seam in real life you aim where the turret meets the body but 100% of the surface of the t-34 seems to deflect.

we cant even throw a freaking tank tread with a 88mm gun? you can shoot at an angled t-34 in teh treads or even from the side right at the treads and nothing happens we need many more thrown tracks if they insist on having super russian tanks its getting old. Just **** it up and if you are going to have all these rediculous "REAL LIFE GERMAN SUPER TANKS" wich is basically the truth getting into the tiger and panther and upcoming kng tiger maybe. We have all these supertanks and the t-34 is basically unvulnerable. Litterally you can shoot one direclty in the side and have penetration 3 or 4 times with ta tiger. and just today I shot one from behind 3 times before it blew in a tiger.

to make a suttle point if you have a tiger and a panther sitting right there and a t-34 comes along they should be scared not the other way around. if you cant score a one shot kill with a panther or tiger even if you have a perfect setup like say behind or direclty from the side they you need to keep tweaking the patch more before you release it in my opinion. That would save you the embarrassment of having everyone gripe more and more till the next patch comes out and so on etc.

Upvote 0
Litterally you can shoot one direclty in the side and have penetration 3 or 4 times with ta tiger. and just today I shot one from behind 3 times before it blew in a tiger.
Man, your aim ****s.. If I put my side to a good Tiger/Panther crew, I'm pretty much screwed. I don't even talk about the back of T-34. Moreover, there are some tankers who did a lot of one shot kills even when my tank was perfectly angled (believe me, I can angle them). I don't knwo, where did he aim, but he did kill me with 1 shot into the front from ~100-150 m.

Upvote 0
Man, your aim ****s.. If I put my side to a good Tiger/Panther crew, I'm pretty much screwed. I don't even talk about the back of T-34. Moreover, there are some tankers who did a lot of one shot kills even when my tank was perfectly angled (believe me, I can angle them). I don't knwo, where did he aim, but he did kill me with 1 shot into the front from ~100-150 m.
Drivers hatch, you aim at the drivers hatch on the T34 and you'll get a penetration even if it's angled, you also get a 1 hit kill 70% of the time when shooting at it too.

Upvote 0
The tank system is broken. It should be based on spotting, not on angling. You can basically shoot at an angled t-34 with a Tiger until you deplete your AP ammo, switch to HE and get the kill with them in 3 shots. Stupid. Throw out the critical hits and other gamey things, a shell that penetrates should always be a critical hit, trying to hit the ammo and fuel makes RO feel like a side scrolling shoot em up with end bosses.

Upvote 0
dude if you are saying that I and many other people have not shot a t-34 up to 3 times in the back and it just keeps rolling on you are on crack. That may not be the case all the time but at least 30-50% of the time I have to take 2 shots.

and yes it does not kill in one shot from the side either dude it happened again last night so dont tell me. read the posts there are probably 100 or more it happens to everyone.

one time this lone t-34 took over 15 hits from 3 or 4 german tanks ganging up at all angles. some of us actually stopped shooting and started typing omfg are you seeing this then we started counting the hits and I lost my count at 4 or 5. I was using acpr ammo and they were hitting the other 2 tanks were tigers and one p4.

there were 4 people there and yes we started typing and even the ruskie had time to type severeal things in return he couldnt believe it either.

Upvote 0
dude if you are saying that I and many other people have not shot a t-34 up to 3 times in the back and it just keeps rolling on you are on crack. That may not be the case all the time but at least 30-50% of the time I have to take 2 shots.

and yes it does not kill in one shot from the side either dude it happened again last night so dont tell me. read the posts there are probably 100 or more it happens to everyone.

one time this lone t-34 took over 15 hits from 3 or 4 german tanks ganging up at all angles. some of us actually stopped shooting and started typing omfg are you seeing this then we started counting the hits and I lost my count at 4 or 5. I was using acpr ammo and they were hitting the other 2 tanks were tigers and one p4.

there were 4 people there and yes we started typing and even the ruskie had time to type severeal things in return he couldnt believe it either.
I have to agree with you man, the tank values are screwed in RO.
It blows my mind that people think they are correct!?.
The 88mm is a pea shooter in my eyes, I don't even bother useing a tiger tank, I feel 3 times more safe in a t34/85.
Actually to tell you the truth, I havent played this game in over a month it pisses me off so bad.
When i first played this game I thought it was awesome, so I purchased it.
A week later I realised how unrealistic it was and it started to drive me madd.
I have shot t34's in the sides, and rear with 88's and high velocity 75's, ping richochette, again, ping richochette, hit the tracks, ping richochette.... oh its because its on a 25 degree angle.
It makes me want to wack my head on the wall, im 100m away and its like I'm throwing tennis balls at them instead of tungsten.

Upvote 0