• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MS Office 2003 starts with practice maps!

Von Siro

Jul 25, 2006
I recently had to change computers and subsequently had to install RO on the new machine. (RO ran flawlessly on the last computer.) I have discovered that when I try to get into the practice area (Basovka map asna example), the launch button also triggers MS Office 2003 configuration, then a default screen indicating an error. This was discovered only because I chanced to open RO in a window. In full screen it only fully locks up. Apparently MS Office configuartion is inappropriately running in the unseen background in this case

Interestingly, this does not happen when I go into a multiplayer server, at least so far. The installations for both RO and MS Office 2003 are new. I also reinstalled RO to make sure there was no proble on the install.

My equipment is:
Dell 410
Intel 2.66 2 Duo Core Chip
2 meg ram
Nvidia 7900 GTX 512kb on card
Soundblaster x-fi card

Can anyone suggest some solutions? I will appreciate the help.

von Siro

Ok i just did the search i proposed for you :p

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3737&highlight=Microsoft+Office

Solution
  • Open the Group Policy Editor by selecting Run from the Start Menu, and typing gpedit.msc. (If the file is missing, run mmc.exe instead. Then, select Add/Remove Snap-in from the Console menu, click Add, and double-click Group Policy. Click Finish, then Close, then Ok.)
  • Expand the following branches:
    Local Computer Policy \ Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Installer
  • Double-click Disable Windows Installer to your right, click Enabled, and choose Always from the list. Click Ok when you're done.
  • The change will take effect immediately. If you added a snap in, as described above, you don't need to "save changes to the console."
  • Note: If you encounter an error about the Administrator Policy the next time you try to install an application, you'll have to re-enable the Windows Installer temporarily.
Solution #3 (for Office 2000 only):
  • Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
  • Expand the branches to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Office\ 9.0\ Common.
  • Delete the UserData value on your right, and close the Registry Editor.
  • The next time you start an Office application, it will ask for your username, but shouldn't bother you again

Upvote 0