• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay Complaints...

Status
Not open for further replies.

F**kStick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2007
I love The Game... except for the following complaints when playing "Practice":

1.) Players cannot run far enough. This limitation makes gameplay sooooooo frustratingly slow!!!!!!!!!!

2.) Because players can't run very far, running for supplies takes too much time away from fighting!!

3.) Supplies come in such low quantities (Panzer-Scheisse only comes with 3 shots, often reloads with only 1 or 2 shots). I kill one tank, have to run for 5 minutes, kill another tank, run for 5 minutes... C'mon!!!

4.) Vehicle movement is also too slow. I can't run and I can't drive ANYWHERE in a hurry!!!!! (And I can't see a d*amn thing while driving.)

5.) Given that running and driving take so long, why is the respawn area so far from the action (Ogledow, Hedgehog, Konigsplatz, Kaukasus)????????? It takes FOREVER to rejoin the fighting!!!!!

6.) What's with the Respawn Wait? I can't run, I can't drive AND I HAVE TO WAIT BETWEEN ROUNDS - in a PRACTICE game??????????

I understand the quest for "realism" but this game is way too slow-moving for a 1st person shooter with so much potential!

Best of Luck

F**kstick

1.) Players cannot run far enough. This limitation makes gameplay sooooooo frustratingly slow!!!!!!!!!!

2.) Because players can't run very far, running for supplies takes too much time away from fighting!!

3.) Supplies come in such low quantities (Panzer-Scheisse only comes with 3 shots, often reloads with only 1 or 2 shots). I kill one tank, have to run for 5 minutes, kill another tank, run for 5 minutes... C'mon!!!

4.) Vehicle movement is also too slow. I can't run and I can't drive ANYWHERE in a hurry!!!!! (And I can't see a d*amn thing while driving.)

5.) Given that running and driving take so long, why is the respawn area so far from the action (Ogledow, Hedgehog, Konigsplatz, Kaukasus)????????? It takes FOREVER to rejoin the fighting!!!!!

6.) What's with the Respawn Wait? I can't run, I can't drive AND I HAVE TO WAIT BETWEEN ROUNDS - in a PRACTICE game??????????

I understand the quest for "realism" but this game is way too slow-moving for a 1st person shooter with so much potential!

Best of Luck

F**kstick

Answer: Because this is Red Orchestra, not "RAMBO: THE GAME"

Nearly everything you asked about is a planned gameplay mechanic to make the game feel like a real situation, not a fragfest. The reason a lot of us play this game (and avoid others) is because of the points you brought up.

Upvote 0
If you have only been playing practice so far, then I strongly suggest that you join a online game with real players, the gameplay is more exciting and even feels quicker when real players are involved.

I sounds to me like you havent been playing for very long, if you decide to keep playing and get some more experience, maybe play a few online games, dont be suprized if you find yourself not caring about those issues anymore. :D

Upvote 0
So... "Reise" is serious?

I didn't realize the forum was governed by the "seriousness" of the member's name... Is the Serious Member Names list somewhere else in the forum?

And you're saying that RO was MEANT to **** in Practice mode? Why include it if it ****s, Mr. WeCanTakeYouSeriously?

It's a GAME, it includes an extensive Practice section, and, while I wasn't one of the developers, I'm certain it was not "meant" to ****.

And that's MISTER F**kstick to you. I'm serious.

Upvote 0
.................... with only 2 posts and you acting pretty uptight.... who would take you seriously....

I could see how your getting frustrated playin bots.. only because they are bots.. but like other have said before.. play ONLINE... its much much much more fun and exciting...

Its great to have someone who you can talk to... acknowlege you... work with your plan of attacking or defending...

while practice is just as it says... its to help you get your IS shooting down, get you to feel how the game plays out...

So DO NOT get *****y with the people on the forum who respond to you... to actually try and help you..:D

Upvote 0
I have to agree with the earlier posts with regard to online play being more enjoyable than 'practice' mode. I thought I'd get *good* in practice mode before I went online; I can tell you, playing against other people in RO is a humbling experience, and often you'll have to break habits you've made in practice mode just to survive online.

As for the issues you raised about the slowness of the game, it's far more in line with reality than any other. As a veteran myself, I can guarantee that you can jog for a while in full gear, but try sprinting and see how long you last!

With regard to vehicles being 'slow', consider this: with a top speed of maybe 30mph (for some vehicles, most are slower as is correct), you're not going to get anywhere *really fast*- the next time you're in a car, have whoever is driving slow down to 30 for a while...now imagine crossing hundreds of miles of open terrain at that speed (assuming you could maintain top speed for very long).

If you're looking for sharks with laser beams on their heads, RO isn't where you'll find them. If you're looking for more realism than is generally available in a game, you're in the right place- just give it a chance. RO has it's quirks, granted, but still it's head and shoulders above the rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So... "Reise" is serious?

I didn't realize the forum was governed by the "seriousness" of the member's name... Is the Serious Member Names list somewhere else in the forum?

And you're saying that RO was MEANT to **** in Practice mode? Why include it if it ****s, Mr. WeCanTakeYouSeriously?

It's a GAME, it includes an extensive Practice section, and, while I wasn't one of the developers, I'm certain it was not "meant" to ****.

And that's MISTER F**kstick to you. I'm serious.

Ok Mister F**stick, first of all I never said it was supposed to **** in practice. Because that's all it is, practice. Don't judge the game solely on that, it's hardly a reflection of online play. Second, your post was written as if you just showed up to bash the game for what it is. Your forum name didn't help that assumption either. That is why I said, "Who could take you seriously?" Because here, most people won't unless you at least try to acknowledge the game is based on realism and as such, has "frustratingly slow" combat at times. It's not Call of Duty, or BF1942, it's RO.

Upvote 0

Best of Luck

F**kstick

Maybe if you didn't play like John Rambo you might enjoy the game, if you come from Counter-strike or COD COD:UO or COD2, then you probably feel like the Rambo of WW2 with your B.A.R running around bunny hopping and taking out fifty people before you die.

This game is meant for semi-realistic "at least in my opinion it is) and i would love to see you carry more than 3 panzerfaust across a field while at a full speed run and carry your primary weapon.

When i read his post it took me back to "Commando vs Rambo" maybe you wish the Russians could front roll and throw saw blades at the Germans?

:)

Upvote 0

Best of Luck

F**kstick

What's wrong with you people? A person starts his first post with "I love The Game" and suddenly you have a problem with him/her (him from now on).

Since it was his first post, it's pretty understandable, that he might not appreciate all the finer points of RO.

And judging people on their nicks? That won't take you far in any forum. Mister F-stick was only expressing his personal opinion and furthermore he was actually trying to be helpful in developing the game.

Man, I didn't think I'd be able to write such a holier-than-thou post! Congrats to me (and ten shame-points to all you others).

Upvote 0
What he complains about are things that are part of the base that differs RO:Ostfront from some other games.

This game aint ut2k4 nor Cod nor Dod, and most people would like to keep it that way, Heck a big part of the people would like to see this game more realistic. So if someone basically asks about things that would make every ro round play like the fullmj map or entweichen. They will show their opinion on the matter and try to defend what they stand for.

Next to that the mass use of questionmarks and shouting, arrogantly responding, and a nick to fit to the behaviour, won't result by being liked by most ppl i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.