• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reviving Organisms

I think the brain was functioning, although the dog was probably a bit dazed from the lack of oxygen to the brain.

If you notice the dogs they completely brought back to life, even after 15 minutes of death were at first dazed, then after a day or so the dogs were completely normal.

Nowadays they can bring people back to life after falling into an icy lake, even after over 30 minutes of death.

i would so hate being that dog, if i was able to think then. try imagining lying there yourself, and try to move around your body only to notice you've been beheaded. if i could still talk i'd speak out ancient voodoo spells over anyone near me:eek: But really, death is death. As sad as it is to see people go, its the natural way of things and that should be left alone. People should really stop playing God.

Upvote 0
the only good thing that could come out of this is a zombie apocalypse. So I think those eggheads should leave well enough alone. 2nd what kind of sick bastard does that to a dog, dont they have political prisoners in russia or something.

.........so it's alright to do it to a person but not a dog? As for the whole quote....are you like 12 or something?

Upvote 0
This is all obviously ethically dubious. But the only thing really preventing a successful head transplant that would give the head control of the new body, would be the problem of reconnecting the nerves, of which there are millions of connections. And even this is becoming possible with stem cell technology.

Upvote 0
Someday people may live forever with cybernetic implants. I just saw a show where a man was completely deaf, and had a computer connected to his brain with an implanted interface. The computers software can be updated, and components upgraded. I just hope for his sake it does not run on Microsoft.

I guess he could technically be considered a cyborg.

Upvote 0
If it can be done, it will be. There are worse examples of man's perverse urge to satisfy his curiosity. The atomic bomb for instance. The next technological leap from transplanting the brain would be to copy or download the mind itself. That would involve mapping the circuitry and structure of the brain. It would also require an understanding of how and where memories are stored. They don't really know, but they are starting to understand how in molecular brain research. And if you cannot die, if your body can be replaced with a new one when it is worn out, then the universe is no longer infinite. The distance from one continent to another used to a prohibitively large, but today it is 6 or 8 hours away. This is what technology offers.

Can you imagine the medical, scientific, physical, metaphysical, philosophical, religious, ethical, moral, economic and political implications of all this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing that was the most creepy was the head though...

But you also must remember unless they have a way to stop brain cells from dieing... you cant bring back a human who has been dead for too long...

After 10 minutes withought oxygen.. your brain cells become damaged and start to die... PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE!!

Therefore if you killed someone.... lets them sit a day.... bring em back... they would literaly be a zombie.... no normal brain functions... just impulse and nerve reactions...

HOWEVER!!! IN NO WAY WAS THAT FAKE!!! but you must also remember the head cant make to much noise just for the fact that the throat was completely slit off.... no vocal chords.... no noise or sounds except from the tounge coming out to lick the acid...

(Poor dog head..:( )

If I was dead... I would also like to stay dead..

Upvote 0
and so the question arises...If you are revived after a long period of death, does your soul come back with your life? Are you suked out of your form of heaven (or hell) or suked out of your current life and placed back in your past one?

I believe we must find out wether or not there is a "soul" and how to define it. Then we can think about what happens to it if revived.

Upvote 0
I was amazed that the heart would start beating normally without defibrillation. Lungs would work ok because they can function through the action of the diaphragm (which is a simple motion), but the heart has to have the 'timing' set right so it pumps the blood correctly.

The brain in the dog with the severed head would die pretty soon without glucose, even if it had oxygen.

Upvote 0