• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [RELEASE]RO-PariserPlatz-b1

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
voila, its done the beta1 version of my map PariserPlatz
source_42e0ad099b0ad_Brandenburger_Tor.JPG

its a combined forces map, i tried as much as possible to keep it historically accurate.
it follows the battle of konigsplatz on 1 may 1945, and it is centered around the Brandenburger gate.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/289

the map looks verry natural and will give intense infantry battles assisted by armor

contains artillery for allies
2 t-34-85 for allies
1 panther for axis ( respawns 5 times)
CUSTOM skins

it is a rather big download 48mb, due to the custom skin files
the map itself is 27 MB

Please give it a try on your servers (my mental health depends on it ;) )

The map is really good, I first thought that it would be a bit of Konigsplatz and Odessa mixed together, but it has a really different gameplay. Especially the admosphere is great, you have done some nice things with the wrecks (they are on realistic places destroyed, and that sd.kfz 250 with a Pak, I like it).

Though some things that I didn't liked; the Germans have a bit too powerfull weapons, the panzercrews both have STG44's and you would get a better fight when the Russians have to cap 1 object after each other (so you don't have one T34 who takes all the objects).

Next to that this the map is a ace, it is Konigsplatz but better :cool:

to keep it historically accurate
I luv you

EDIT: the sdkfz 250 Pak :D

afbeelding8ea6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Brandenburger Tor looks a little bit to small (hight-wise).
Just does not look like its 26m high. More like 10-15.

Some stuff I noticed:
* Stuff floating around all over the place. If you play for 20 mins you should see most of it
* Can fall of the map (German last spawn somewhere along the right side between 2 buildings)
* Ppl were complaining about killed people (prone) standing up right after they die and then disappear). I dont know if this might be related to the map or some general bug

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh nice, I'm gonna give it a try. I think map file is really huge for public servers though. Nobody likes downloading a map from redirect for 10 minutes :) I'd look for ways to reduce the filesize. Maybe, you can make a "lite" edition without fancy skins/meshes to reduce size.

Upvote 0
The directions are 90 degrees too far clockwise, i.e. North on the map should be West a.s.o..

If possible put some more work in the archictectural ornamentation of the Brandenburg gate. It especially lacks the columns im front of it`s pillars. Now it looks like 1930`s architecture and not like 1804`s.

Appart from that the map is looking very good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i know about the north not being where it should, it must be an error in the editor.

and about the brandenburger gate size and ornaments; the gate was already present in the konigsplatz map, all i did was replace the 2 left and right apendix buildings by more accurate ones.
i maybe made an error by not questioning the size of it.

the reichstag itself seems alot smaller than in RL.

And about the large download: this could be solved if TW would be so kind to add these new skin files to a future update patch, then every mapper could use these skins on their map without huge downloads
Skins were made by Fennich-FJR6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please;

Name your custom files appropriately for this map for example;

Instead of: RedArmyStandard.u - - RKKAStandardTex.utx

Use: PPlatzRedArmyStandard.u - - PPlatzRKKAStandardTex.utx

It makes for easier future naming conventions for all mappers and.. allows server admins the ability to find files in the system folder intended for use with specific maps.

Upvote 0
Some quick observations:
- lots of floating fence parts. One obvious one at the Russian infantry start.
- where your terrain with the road texture is mounded up, paint out the cobble stone or paint over it with the 'debris'.
- I agree with the gate comments, it looks very good but just not quite right.
- on the right side extension, your roof is missing an end texture, try to merge the brushwork.
- Bots. I of all people understand how difficult this is to do, especially for a first time. Pathing would greatly improve the map.
- End cap zone. I didn't play on a server but that last cap zone looks to be very difficult to take.

Overall I think it looks pretty good. There are just some visual bugs like floating fences etc that really break the atmosphere in the map. Clean those up and you have a much better project. This has some real potential, keep at it!

Upvote 0
I think size is not the problem. But fyi here is the wiki article about the gate with measurements:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_Gate

As you already worked on the colonades on the wing-buildings, take thouse colums for the gate itself. The gate as it is represented by TW is more or less a window blind for the edge of the Koenigsplatz map. Instead of full columns it has half-columns on the west side and no columns at all on the east side f.g..

Upvote 0
those floating fences might come from the fact that i had to re-do all the terrain work in 1 evening, and i had to re-allign all the meshes and wrecks to the terrain.

i will try adding bot pathing in next update, i have never worked with bot pathing before.

i havent been able to play it online myself yet, before working on the B2 version i need to take a small break because this last week i was so into this, that i forgot to eat/sleep alot. ;)

Upvote 0
WOOT! just played it online! i had a really great time and people were voting for the map over and over screaming "moooore" i played about 8 rounds and server was getting fuller and fuller

had no negative remarks, only good ones and some remarks about the "FLYING chair" :p i didnt find floating objects all over the map, just 1 chair and a barrier and eventually a destroyed t-34 that doesnt touch the ground completely in the front

the downpoint for me is that the panther seems to respawn unlimitedly, making it really hard for allies, i will fix the panther spawning to 5 max, and maybe reduce axis reinforcement.
but in the end, once players knew the map it was a real challenge for both teams. as axis and allied team both won several rounds

Upvote 0
A few things that absolutely break the gameplay:

Somehow Russians slip though the gate cap the Pariser Platz and from then on the Russians spawn behind the Germans. Quick proposition on the cap order:

Game start: Tor, Pariser Platz, final cap not capable
Once the 1st point is capped: the Tor is cappable.
Once the Tor and the other 2 first ones are capped (they should not be recappable): Pariser Platz and the last one are cappable.

Again the zombie Germans:
Probably related to the custom skin (since it does not happen to the Russians) - prone player who get shot and die stand up and once in a while when u get shot running ur avatar just keeps running.

Upvote 0
Wow Great map! Played about 3 rounds on a full server and I think everyone enjoyed it. Other then the floating chair and zombies I have no real critisism. Maybe just add a few enterable biuldings to replace the oddesa tower, or at least redo the textures on it. Allies won the first two games but with a little coordination axis won the third by bottlenecking the allies as the gate. Thanks looking forward to the next version!

Upvote 0
I don't want to sound overly critical, but one of things that bothered me from when I was a member of the COD2 mapping community (blargh) was that most people would throw a bunch of prefabs together and call it a map. That's kind of the impression I get from yours, although you obviously did your fair share of work. It's just that I feel that you should pursue producing your own architecture rather than recycling what is in Konigsplatz and Odessa. I'd be alright with moderation, but making your map almost entirely out of prefabricated buildings is just...something that gets to me.

Nonetheless, if it plays well then I shouldn't gripe too much. Hoping to get a game of it in sometime.

Upvote 0
I agreed with EvilHobo on the first part. Also the architecture seriously doesn't match at all. I mean, one is German late war, the other Ukrainian early war. Not really building styles I would match. I mean, you could have a talent for mapping. However, it can be so much better if you just take the time to learn doing your own stuff. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that's just how I see it.

Upvote 0