• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ppsh40 vs ppsh41 vs ppsh43

better then making a new thread.

Atleast the ressurector did understand the meaning of this picture:

search.jpg

Upvote 0
better then making a new thread.

Atleast the ressurector did understand the meaning of this picture:

search.jpg
Yeah I'm a firm believer in economizing threads. If the subject matter is exactly what you want to discuss then find an old thread discussing just that and add to it. You get to have all the older discussion there to build upon so others can see that people have discussed it already and add their comments/opinions to the weath of previous discussion rather than starting a new thread and starting from square one all over again.

Upvote 0
I almost always play as some type of rifleman so I'm no expert with the SMGs. But ignorance never keeps me from having an opinion.:D

When I use an SMG I prefer the PPS43 because it hits what I aim at.
My next preference would be the PPSH41 because it hits most of what I aim at.

I haven't played with the SMGs enough to be any good at controlling recoil. I use short bursts and if I miss with my first I'm usually toast. I hit with my first burst from the PPS43 more than with the others. To me, that more than makes up for having fewer bullets in the mag.

Upvote 0
The have pros and cons each. You have to decide what suits you best in the situation.

The PPD-40 has a lower cyclic rate so it's a bit more controllable than the PPSh-41, and it's got the same ammo capacity, but only 3 magazines. I don't think it has the same range, though. It may be a bit lighter weight, too, so it won't hit as hard in melee, moves around easier in free-aim, and may be faster to shoulder.

The PPSh-41 has a REALLY fast cyclic rate, but you can learn to control it with very short bursts. It also has a large ammo capacity, but also only 3 magazines. It's a little slower to shoulder and SLIGHTLY slower in free-aim than the other Russian SMGs.

The PPS-43 has a cyclic rate midway between the PPD and the PPSh, I think. It's lighter, so it shoulders quickly, and VERY controllable. But, you've got to change out magazines more often. Still, if you conserve your fire, the PPS-43 is an awesome gun.

My advice is to get good enough with the PPSh-41 that you can be flexible. It's the hardest of the three to use, but the most versatile once you get the hang of it. Need to clear a room? Go full auto and go hog-wild. Need to pick someone off? Fire a quick burst while kneeling. Need to bash someone in the head? Don't worry, you've got plenty of wood to do it with. Plus, the PPSh is on virtually every map, whereas the PPD and PPS aren't. The PPSh is also often given to other classes like tank commanders and combat engineers, and often, even on a map where one class can select the PPD or PPS, those classes can't. Even the assault class can't always select the SMG of its choice.

So, get good with the PPSh and then when you have the choice, you can pick the right tool for the job.

Upvote 0