• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disable precise aiming while leaning

Hmm, just because I'm bored..

As it stands, here's how it works.

PctStandIronRecoil = .90
PctCrouchRecoil = 0.75
PctCrouchIronRecoil = 0.60
PctProneRecoil = 0.60
PctProneIronRecoil = 0.45
PctBipodDeployRecoil = 0.15
PctRestDeployRecoil = 0.50
PctLeanPenalty = 1.5

Those are the "Percentage of recoil felt" settings for all firing positions. Notice that leaning is a 150% increase in recoil. For rifles, this means squat, since you only fire one bullet anyway. However, this is precisely why firing a SMG while leaning, even rested on a corner, is practically useless at anything but point blank range.

Meanwhile, as you all know, sway is fully negated by resting your weapon. The problem with this setup (if you want to call it that) is that with sway negated, there's only one "artificial" setting to mess with your accuracy left: spread. Spread being the cone of fire your shells land in. With rifles having a miniscule value of 50, you have a 1 shot practically perfect accuracy shot with nothing but your own aim to make it miss. On the other hand, with SMGs you have a spread of 400~, meaning that not only do you still have to deal with ridiculous recoil, but you also have to contend with naturally inaccurate weapons fire. Of course, you are spamming tons of shells, so....

What's the point of all of this? Nothing, really. I just felt like giving some facts about the situation. Needless to say, though, clipping and leaning around a wall is definitely a rifle-biased technique.

Upvote 0
Why not disable leaning and firing a gun at the same time alltogether and instead use leaning for observation purposes only?

Irl leaning is not good for precision or for one's back and recoil is not absorbed as good as in normal firing stances so why use leaning at all? By eleminating leaning we would get rid of the leaning glitchers and firing from the corners of buildings will only get more exiting;) - To counter the increased exposing of the body when firing from a leftside corner it should be possible to swap weapon hands that is it should be possible to fire the guns with both hands as opposed to now where it is only possible to fire weapons with the right hand.

Upvote 0
The main problem in game is rifle/snipe can hide 99% of their body, and still aim. Here is the solution. Don't allow people to deploy weapons (and allow accurate shots) while leaning.

Mmmm ... that what i've foung during game ...

The problem with mg VS rifles or snipers ... When u deploy MG on objectcs, instead of the simple ground, the engine calculate the bipod and the soldier model is something 30 cm higer than the others. In a real war u can deploy your MG on sandbags without using the bipod ... with the barrel like other weapons ...

Upvote 0
The problem is I don't think they can make more of the body show around the corner. It's both a product of engine limitations and the game design. As long as your point of view and bullet origin is at the helmet (which is where it is now) it's going to clip like it does. To fix it I reckon they're going to need to move the point of view and bullet origin down, which will require an unbelievable amount of work, not just in the shooting mechanics but even in the scaling of objects in the game.

I also notice that every game with leaning has these issues, from COD to AA and it might be something endemic with FPS engines.

Upvote 0
The problem is I don't think they can make more of the body show around the corner. It's both a product of engine limitations and the game design. As long as your point of view and bullet origin is at the helmet (which is where it is now) it's going to clip like it does. To fix it I reckon they're going to need to move the point of view and bullet origin down, which will require an unbelievable amount of work, not just in the shooting mechanics but even in the scaling of objects in the game.

I also notice that every game with leaning has these issues, from COD to AA and it might be something endemic with FPS engines.

Your point of view is just infront of your soldier's eyes i believe. And the bullets spawn just outside of the barrel of your weapon ;). Not the tip of your helmet that its still bugged i agree but not everything is true.

Upvote 0
It's just about how to implent this. If they add a random hit thing, we'll all end up thinking "Why can't I hit what I'm looking at through the IS?". Maybe adding more sway to it or make it so you can't see through the IS.

When you lean around a wall the support weapon sign will show up aka thesame as resting your weapon on a sandbag without the ability to rest on a you're sway will go up. making it hard to shoot at really long range. What is the actual idea.

I just hope that leaning while proned will get removed aswell since even if you aren't supported prone will always have low recoil, together with the leaning bug it can be crappy.

Upvote 0