• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disable precise aiming while leaning

EscAz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
Ok guys, i've heard too many times people complaining about clipping or stuff. But the main problem is people actually shooting too precisely while leaning. I shoot with real guns in the army, and believe me, the only usefull way to fire while leaning is for a covering fire or supression fire, but not a precise shot.

The main problem in game is rifle/snipe can hide 99% of their body, and still aim. Here is the solution. Don't allow people to deploy weapons (and allow accurate shots) while leaning. Then it would be usefull for short range and and stop the constant clipping fest on map like danzig.

+ IMO, for clanwars, help the attackers.

ps : it was murhis idea in first and as i totally agree with him i post it here.

I agree. Aiming down the iron sights while leaning, I've found, only makes your aim a tiny bit off-center in the direction you're aiming, which is far too small an accuracy penalty. (I think so anyway, it could just be my imagination I haven't quite studied it)

Nevertheless, I agree with your sentiments lean-shots are far too accurate. Not only that, I've been shot from around corners by people who were leaning, and I swear I couldn't actually see them or their rifle, I'm not sure whether it was a bug, lag (I had a good ping at the time, around 60-70), or whether I was just mistaken, but it seems very difficult to see someone leaning around a corner, yet they can see enough to get a good shot at you.

Upvote 0
Remove vertical gun stabilizing? Ehm, no.

More sway while leaning sounds fine, but you should still be able to stable your weapon against a corner or something.

it's exactly what i said, you can do that only whe courching but not leaning. Try it i swear you that you cannot stabilize a weapon while leaning and aiming correctly.

Now if anyone have an idea how to make TW look here.

Upvote 0
More sway while leaning sounds fine, but you should still be able to stable your weapon against a corner or something.

It is funny that currently you can just stabilize a gun magically that in your point of view it looks like you are supporting your gun against the "corner". Others only see that your gun is pointing somewhere and your enemy can only see that your barrel is visible and laying around in the air. Super realistic indeed.

Before you people start giving this "low profile" crap, think about it. In RO it is possible to pop up with your rifle in no-time with lean, possibly 0.2s to support the gun and very short time to fire it against a target and in that time you usually see only barrel of the gun\sight of the gun or if you're damm lucky you can actually see the other eye of the shooter.

Upvote 0