• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How long before....

crazyivan1970

Sep 11, 2006
Greetings all,

Vent on:

Question to the developers:

How long before this insane UFO clown car is fixed? Seriously, by far the most irritating thing in RO. People make careers on the servers as dedicated clown car drivers....jumping cliffs, climbing on the roofs of the bunkers, over the fence.... running down infantry faster then MG fire. Seriosly, someone has to put a stop to this.

Vent off.

Thanks for listening :)

Just make the wheels damagable... but then, IIRC, the russians didn't use pneus (air filled tires), but inflatable, foam filled ones...

and there could also be the option to to add different speeds to ground textures, like:

paved road = fastest
dirt road = fast
cobble = not as fast
grass/dry dirt = medium
wet grass = a tad slower
sand = slow
mud = slowest

Upvote 0
How long before this insane UFO clown car is fixed? Seriously, by far the most irritating thing in RO. People make careers on the servers as dedicated clown car drivers....jumping cliffs, climbing on the roofs of the bunkers, over the fence.... running down infantry faster then MG fire. Seriosly, someone has to put a stop to this.

whats the problem? BA is ok as it is now, at least after latest patch it is OK, because it was replaced on Arad and limited in speed etc ... so this car is now OK.... and it is only matter of mappers to use this car clever on their maps ...
your request looks little like you do not know what you realy want... :)

Upvote 0
Mostly the clown car is modeled fine, and the real problems it generates comes from using it poorly on some maps, but theres a few things I'd like to see added to it.

*There is still the bug hanging around where a BA is sometimes invulnerable to an AP tank round, even making the AP round bounce off, this bug also happens more often with HE rounds. Though I heard this bug was attached to lag conditions, so players with low pings may have never seen this bug.

*The model still allows for being to stay standing on the BA while it is moving at high speeds, the hit zone model should be changed so a player either slide off or players wont move with the car and it will just drive out from under them.

*I'm not sure of the armor and ammunition values, but many players think that heavy MG fire should be able to moderately or lightly penetrate a BA and ocassonally kill the occupants. Many players suggested that only tank MG's should perform this penetration, so BA drivers wont drive up to tanks very often.

Other than those three things, I think the BA is fine.

Upvote 0