• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STUPIDEST TK's YOU have Done ?

While technically not a TK, it sure as hell was stupid:

I was playing Soviets on Orel, and having the time of my life. We were rushing all the objectives, and promptly dying. On one such amalgation of deaths, a good quarter-dozen or so Soviets respawned. We all hopped into our tanks and headed to the nearest objective. After a few minutes, we came within viewing range of the objective, high up on the hill. I, and several others, stopped to take potshots at the Krauts on the ridge.

Suddenly, a tank shell whizzed past my tank, coming from behind. It sent a flurry of dirt up in front of me, and I whirred, startled, to port. I spied the field behind me, and saw a blackish tank hidden in a wheatfield, far away enough that I couldn't entirely discern the make of the vehicle. I opened fire, wondering as to how the Krauts could flank us so quickly. The round bounced right off, with a disheartening TNNK. The tank returned fire, it bounced off as well. I returned again. TNNK was the reply. The same was with the other tank's next shot. TNNK.

We continued as such for some several minutes, both of us cursing the other for not taking any damage. Not an ounce of smoke rose from either of our vehicles. We shot and shot and each one was invariably deflected.

It wasn't until a teammate of mine rolled over and inquired as to why the f

Upvote 0
Was playing a custom map. I was having one of my best lives ever, had killed lots of foes, taken a bunch of ground, and survived for quite awhile. I kept on having those great encounters where you keep running into groups that outnumber you, but you still manage to come out alive.

So anyway, I had been holding down this house until a bunch of friendlies arrived. When they arrived they opened the door facing the direction the enemey was coming from, and a little firefight started through the doorway. I basically thought I was invincible by this point so I run up to the door, ready to throw a grenade out at the masses outside - unfortunatley, right before I release the grenade, I get shot in the face and the grenade - unnoticed -falls at the feet of the 6 or 7 guys huddling by the door.

I went from first place to last on my team. :-( TK limit must have been very lienent cause I wasn't kicked, but I never got my momentum back either.

Upvote 0
Well it wasn't RO (I've TK'd plenty there, but never in a really funny way) but at a LAN party when Rouge Spear had just come out (my friends and I were all avid Rainbow Six players) we were down to the last four die-hard LANners. Sean, Grizzly, Covert, and myself. I was on the team with Grizzly. I look out the window of the building I'm in, and across the map I see Grizzly and Sean go behind some boxes.

Gunshots and much cursing from both parties follow. After a few very tense seconds, one person limped out from behind the boxes. I tried to tell who it was, but couldn't because of all the blood splotches on the uniform. Assuming that clearly Grizzly (who wasn't that great) would have lost to Sean, I zoom wait for my crosshairs to settle and spray.

Ah-HAH! Victory!

From across the room I hear Grizzly say 'What the..GOD-DAMNIT CROUCH!' (my last name). Covert walks up behind me and pops two pistol rounds into me as I look over my monitor and say 'That was you?!'

We all died laughing, Grizzly was so pissed.

Upvote 0
In the last battle of the IC campaign we ended up fighting against a bunch of Soviet soldiers in close combat on a frozen river.

Rushing towards the beach wall to get into some cover, I notice two soldiers fighting in hand-to-hand combat. I pull back my rifle for a bayonet charge at the PPSh-wielding Sapper - and stab my buddy in the back just as he manages to kill the Sapper!

Not only that, the German I killed was our regiment commander.

OK, it was more of an accident than stupidity, but TKing with a bayonet in a "competitive" game...

myzko said:
Sometimes at the begining of spawn, if someone is infront of me while we're all running to attack, I stab them in the foot.. However sometimes I miss, and sometimes too often, which results in a kick

If you're all running to attack, why the hell would you stab a friendly in the leg? And do this habitually? It seems to me that you deserve every kick you get.

People have the weirdest habits...

So are you also the guy, who in CS/CoD/whatever can't take the boredom of the 30 seconds required to advance at the enemy before combat occurs, so he whips out his pistol and fires at his teammates with wild abandon as they leave the spawn to entertain his little (AD/HD) mind?

Upvote 0
It was on hedgehog. I had wanted to play germans but the team was full. I joined russians and picked up a faust from spawn. I charge out and spot a T-60. Not realizing I had just chosen Russians, I charge at the T-60, thinking it was my lucky day that it had its butt facing me and turret looking the other way. I faust it in the ass to the shock of all the other Ruskies who followed me out of spawn. I almost got banned from the server and had to apologise profusely :eek:

Upvote 0
My most embarassing teamkill happened at the farm in Ogledow. I got into a CQB with a german tanker who had already emptied his clip. Bayo time. And indeed, I managed to stab him to death. Unfortunately, due to the slow dying animation I thought he was still alive so I stabbed again. This time straight to a fellow commie's face. How uncool.

Upvote 0
In a PzIV, on the Lenningrad map, with HE loaded. I thought I was going to fire over a piece of shattered wall just front right of me, into a building over the bridge. Clipped the top of the wall and the blast takes out 4 or 5 friendly.
So I adjust my aim, and fire again, just as a guy runs past and takes the shell in the head, and 2 other friendly die at the same time.

Upvote 0
i was axis at konigsplatz, and we were defending the siegessaule. i was inside the siegessaule when i heard the russian voice on the radio in front of the building, calling for artillery. so i realised that the russian commander was hiding behind that wall on the outside, i pulled my nade coocked it a little and throw it over the wall! problem: it didnt get over :p i can still see in slow-mo how it bounces back to me... BOOM me dead and 2 other tk's, wich allowed the ruskies to cap the sieges...

Upvote 0
I never have stupid tks, when I shoot or throw nades its with a purpose. [...]
No stupid tks here either at least I don't remember any.
Playing Infiltration with teams that have nearly the same camos (depends on server-settings) did toughen me. ;)

The only tks I make are caused by reflexes, people running in my fireline and sometimes some death nades.
The last tk I did was a few days ago, where I killed a teammate in his T34 on BlackDayJuly.
I drove to the front, suddenly I heard some shots passing by me, coming from my back.
I wondered if the Germans have completly flanked us and turned around and angled then I saw the teammate.
He kept shooting at me (never hit me though :D ) while I told him to cease fire, because that's me.
I even shot with the MG so that he could see the green tracer ... (I know that German's have one T34 as well, but at such a close distance it wouldn't have been hard to distinguish)
Well after some time I killed him with my second shot, only then did he understand. :D

Edit: Ok, I remember one:
Me and a few people were last Germans defending the church (last objective on a map whose name I have forgotten). Suddenly I saw Russians outside the church through the window. Took a nade and threw it. Well it came back as I missed the window.
I and one or two other Germans died leaving only two defenders while there was only one minute of time left. We lost the map ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man, I've done a couple really stupid TKs.

Back in the mod on Sevastopol:
I had been playing as a russian but switched to german to even the teams. Unfortunately, I was still thinking as a russian when I ran into the tunnels and saw two germans. I, uh... well, I killed them. :eek: They were appropriately indignant.

About a week ago on the Basovka with tanks:
That's the only time I've played that map with tanks. I was german and we were closing in on the station. A russian tank had been roaming around the front of the station. As I came out of spawn I saw a tank commander in the distance. I couldn't see the tank he was in and thought it was the russian. I plugged him. Oops, wrong tank. I blame that one on the scotch. Actually, it wasn't the first couple scotch's fault. They were nice fellows. The last couple scotches looked a little unsavory and I figured they'd cause some trouble. I was right.

Upvote 0
Thought of a couple more. :confused:

On a customer map, I'm in a StuG, shell a farm with HE.
Just as I fire, the bot gets in the tank, causing the point of aim to shift to the left slightly and explode in a group of friendly.:eek:

Saw a friendly tank being attacked by a clown car, so I readied a trustly HE shell and fire just as the car stops. The Russian gets out and is sent flying by the shell. As the friendly tank crew, who's just gotten out to defending himself.:eek:

Upvote 0
In a PzIV, on the Lenningrad map, with HE loaded. I thought I was going to fire over a piece of shattered wall just front right of me, into a building over the bridge. Clipped the top of the wall and the blast takes out 4 or 5 friendly.
So I adjust my aim, and fire again, just as a guy runs past and takes the shell in the head, and 2 other friendly die at the same time.

Recce mate, I love playing Soviet on this map - promise me you will put me in your buddies list and come and play axis tanker every time you see me on Leningrad. :D ;)

Upvote 0
One day on Arad. I spotted a friendly tank and an enemy tank shooting at eachother from very close range. Thinking I would save my friend from certain death, I took a well placed shot from my mighty Tiger at the enemy T-34. The shell bounced of the T-34 and hit the friendly tank, blowing it up!

A similar situation happened when I an enemy shell from very close range bounced back and destroyed the tank firing at me.

Fun...

-Korporal V

Upvote 0