• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Barashka-Realism

SH, what are you worried about? That people may eventually understand your maps to be nothing realistic and just blatantly biased?

Calling maps "realism" just because they have the correct type of tanks and weapons for each side doesn't fit.

Unless you start making maps that give the germans their historical strenghts and weaknesses, but also give the russians their strenght (especially in numbers) and weaknesses, you're merely an axis fanboi hiding behind the "realism" label to produce maps that make it easier to win for your beloved side.

****s for you that this is an open forum for people to spell this out openly.

Upvote 0
It's funny how so many people and even the game developers are ****ting on somebody for making a realism map that is quite fun to play on! Do you people even consider that it might be a fun map and is used by realism clans in wars? :confused:
Give the guy a break please lol...
As it's been said earlier if you don't like the map don't play it...
Not everything has to be made specifically for pubs...

Upvote 0
Listen carefully - you want it all your way??? RUN YOUR OWN SERVER!

Listen carefully: When half the people leave a server when a certain map comes up, it's not only MY problem.

But hey, I'll make you a generous offer:

I'll create a map called "KrasnyOktyabr_Realism", which will be an edit of the exsisting map, but I'll reduce german rifleman class to 8 ppl, with 1 group leader slot and no MG.

This is to simulate a single german "Sch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Damn not even 5 german tanks vs. 10 russian ones, or 15? Or were there an equal number of tanks in the real battle? I mean all players can still join in on a full server, each tank has 3 seats! Add a couple of german AT soldiers and bam, everybody has a role to play.
When only 1 server runs it and the balance whiners start crying, it's not worth the time and effort.

I'm not going to make anything unless there is a bigger demand for it.

You can then take Sichhartshofen and 7 other friends, and come play with 23 PPsH armed russians to enjoy the unbelivable realism on our new KrasnyOktyabr map (you will have to attack). I'm sure Tripwire will want to replace their version with mine since it will be so much more realistic.

When do you want to arrange that match?
Cool, I'll get the CoreNA boys.

With this allstar line up you won't stand a chance with your sissy PPSh41.
http://forums.ironcrescendo.net/viewtopic.php?t=118

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's funny how so many people and even the game developers are ****ting on somebody for making a realism map that is quite fun to play on! Do you people even consider that it might be a fun map and is used by realism clans in wars? :confused:
Give the guy a break please lol...
As it's been said earlier if you don't like the map don't play it...
Not everything has to be made specifically for pubs...

If you are referring to me as the developer that's ****ing on SH, you are wrong. I appreciate someone like SH who takes matters in his own hands, and makes something he thinks is cool. That goes for any community member making something, even if it isn't my taste.
I merely think he should take it a realism step further and actually change the number of tanks where german have less then the russians to reflect the numbers that were there. Combined with his armor mutator, who know what will happen?

Upvote 0
Listen carefully: When half the people leave a server when a certain map comes up, it's not only MY problem.

I'll create a map called "KrasnyOktyabr_Realism", which will be an edit of the exsisting map, but I'll reduce german rifleman class to 8 ppl, with 1 group leader slot and no MG.

I have never seen people leave in such a fashion... in fact, I think its a figment of your imagination.

Go ahead and do your thing.... Whatever blows your dress up! I'm all for it. Whether I put it in rotation, if it ever happens, or not is up to the players/regulars on our servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Helmut_AUT

There's always a negative nacy somewhere.

Upvote 0
I got the 5.SS order of battle.

On 15 January 1945 the 5. SSPD reported the following armored vehicles:

Panzer IV L48
5 operational
5 in maintenance

Panzer V
7 operational
16 in maintenance

BeobsPanzer III
3 operational

BergePanzer V
4 operational
2 in maintenance

BergePanzer III
1 operational

StuG IV
2 operational
3 in maintenance

Jagdpanzer IV
13 operational

Wespe
14 operational
1 in maintenance

Hummel
4 operational

Grille
4 operational
1 in maintenance

SdKfz 250 (all types)
43 operationa;
1 in maintenance

SdKfz 251 (all types)
153 operational
22 in maintenance
3 in transit to the division

Armored cars (all types)
16 operational
1 in maintenance

Upvote 0
This is what I'm think of for version 2.

-Germans will get 3 Panthers and 2 Panzer IV H. With 5 tank hunters and 3 engineers. No snipers or any of the unnecessary classes.

-Russians will have 12 T34/85's and 3 engineers with UC.

-Artillery will not be able to bombard the bridge. Not only is this tactic stupid its unrealistic. Neither side would risk destroying a bridge they need.

-South bank will be heavily fortified to account for the Russians numerical superiority. Anti-tank obstacles, trenches, sandbag bunkers and probably some tunnels dug into the hill sides.

Upvote 0

-Germans will get 3 Panthers and 2 Panzer IV H. With 5 tank hunters and 3 engineers. No snipers or any of the unnecessary classes.

-Artillery will not be able to bombard the bridge. Not only is this tactic stupid its unrealistic. Neither side would risk destroying a bridge they need.

-South bank will be heavily fortified to account for the Russians numerical superiority. Anti-tank obstacles, trenches, sandbag bunkers and probably some tunnels dug into the hill sides.

If you pull this off, I'll take back what I said and apologize. First, I'll have to see this for myself, but if this map actually materializes, then you TRULY deserve to add the "realism" brand - and it should be fun for the germans.

Upvote 0
Right, because asking a question is 'whining' and God forbid someone actually thinks that the loadouts are one sided.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings... NOT! :D :D :D

Besides, you did more than simply ask a question... you were quite sarcastic.

Maschine Pistole-38 said:
So after the Germans lose 5 PzIVHs and 7 Panthers they wont get any more correct? You can't exactly call this Barashka-'Realism' if the Germans can just constantly reinforce themselves with brand new tanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nice... As far as i can remember though, the engagement near Barashka was quite ad hoc, so there were no preperations made for a proper defense. (it's been a long time ago for me though) I think the russians found a gap in the german lines, and as soon as they advanced with armored forces, the german command realised what was happening and german armor was send in to fill the gap. But it might be a good idea to make the german side somewhat channeld so they can defend better with the fewer amount of tanks.

Upvote 0