• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

No, they made the right choice by doing thier own engine, but they simply should put more work in optimizing and getting it bug free.

God damn, how many years do they need? This game is HUGE, I think they could've spent the next 5 years trying to optimize the damn thing and it would never be good enough for some of you.

Upvote 0
Meh! RO had some problems when it first came out, too. It still has problems. Every game has problems. But thank GOD! We have developers who LISTEN to the consumer for once. I hear that Bohemia is just like Tripwire, in these terms. I see a lot of developers on the forums accepting input. They are probably working on a patch right now! :D No offense to Red Orchestra, but comparing it to Armed Assault is no contest (AA will win!). It does some rather complex things with sound, physics, and animation that I've never seen before. So problems should be expected to happen.

Upvote 0
I don't understand, whats the difference between blood running down a guys arm and a big bullet hole in a guys eye where you can practically see the guys brain, and RO's dismemberment?
This guy compares the two games. :) God, people get so offended!

I said all games have problems not just RO and not just ArmA. Since this is a Red Orchestra forum, it makes sense to compare the two games. Also, both games promote realism/tactical/war and they have similar features. I honestly think ArmA will be better then RO. My opinion...deal with it.

Upvote 0
Actually I wasn't really comparing them, except that they are both gory, and I don't understand the difference. I mean why is one censored in Germany and the other not?
Probably because RO has dismemberment and ArmA doesn't? That's my guess. I'm so excited! Probably get mine next Thursday, which is pretty fast shipping from Germany to U.S.

Upvote 0
Actually I wasn't really comparing them, except that they are both gory, and I don't understand the difference. I mean why is one censored in Germany and the other not?

It's not Germany who censores games, it's the developers. The RO devs chose to censore their game, so to not risk having the game on the index (which severly limits sells of the game), while the ArmA devs gave it a shot. That's all.

Upvote 0
Come on men tell me the truth.

I live 20 miles from Saarbrucke in Germany and I was planning on visiting my local Karlstatt(?) store to buy this game.

Amd 3000+64
Nvidia 6600gt 128 vram.
1.256 ram.

Or should I just reinstall my OFP Bestsellers edition and wait a couple of years !

Thanks ...:)

Upvote 0
Come on men tell me the truth.

I live 20 miles from Saarbrucke in Germany and I was planning on visiting my local Karlstatt(?) store to buy this game.

Amd 3000+64
Nvidia 6600gt 128 vram.
1.256 ram.

Or should I just reinstall my OFP Bestsellers edition and wait a couple of years !

Thanks ...:)

thats what i'm going to be playing it on and all the info over the last month tells me i will be able to play on medium to low

Upvote 0