• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new updates/patch for xmas

{FUX}busterhyman

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
dear santy clause,
enclosed is a list of things i would like for xmas. i can assure you i have been a good boy this year as always. santa would you please bring me the following:
1. a new bonus pack for RO:OST
2. a new 6 shooter pistol
3. 3 lbs of back bacon
4. 2 touques
5. beer

anyone care to add to the list?

A city map where we can go in all the buildings maybe some sort of sewer path under the streets. It has to be fairly big and have at least one tank or the troop transports but no anti tank weapons. I want a urban map where armor is to be feared not where armor fears infantry.

A very large tank map at least half the size of orel but with a couple small villages like the ones in arad a couple forests but not the cheesy fake ones like are on arad i want each tree individualy placed with big trees you cant drive through mixed in with smaller shrubbery you can drive through so if you want to cut through the forest you need to drive around the big trees. No huge empty fields it should have plenty of cover for tanks to hide behind. It should be a early war map so tanks like the panzer 3 and 4 and mostly kv1s and maybe one or two t34/76s and one tiger maybe even a T60 just because its not used much. It can have sappers and anti tank classes but no stock piles of panzerfausts on the map just ammo dumps for the anti tank classes to refill on ammo. only 1 sapper per side and maybe 2 anti tank classes.

Would love to see a recoil tweek done so smgs have less recoil then any other gun on a per shot basis. A bigger faster more powerful round should have a bigger recoil then a small round. Thats just a pet peeve of mine but i would also really love to see the amount of recoil be less effected by if your standing or crouched. I really dont think recoil should be that much worse when your standing upright compaired to when your squating. The way players squat in the game isnt exactly stable. looks like they are getting ready to take a poop in the bushes or something.

Upvote 0
A city map where we can go in all the buildings maybe some sort of sewer path under the streets. It has to be fairly big and have at least one tank or the troop transports but no anti tank weapons. I want a urban map where armor is to be feared not where armor fears infantry.

Have you tried Leningrad? This quote could almost fit an exact description of it. ;)

A very large tank map at least half the size of orel but with a couple small villages like the ones in arad a couple forests but not the cheesy fake ones like are on arad i want each tree individualy placed with big trees you cant drive through mixed in with smaller shrubbery you can drive through so if you want to cut through the forest you need to drive around the big trees. No huge empty fields it should have plenty of cover for tanks to hide behind. It should be a early war map so tanks like the panzer 3 and 4 and mostly kv1s and maybe one or two t34/76s and one tiger maybe even a T60 just because its not used much. It can have sappers and anti tank classes but no stock piles of panzerfausts on the map just ammo dumps for the anti tank classes to refill on ammo. only 1 sapper per side and maybe 2 anti tank classes.

Heh, and this quote pretty much describes my next map, Ardon.

Anyways, in the next patch (whenever it is) I would personally like to see an early war map that takes advantage of the new view distance settings, and perhaps a new early war vehicle. Oh and an announcement about RO2 for the UE3 engine would be nice as well. :p

Upvote 0
its kinda hard to wish something of an old fart of a man who takes all the credit from your parents going out and buying you some stuff for christmas, the other reason the ol fatso is around is to distract people from the real reason for christmas.. christ-mas.

but now that we are all so linked to pithy objects that really wont help us much in life, i think il say il take some ammo for the Bar that "santa " got me last christmas so i can chew his guts out when he comes down my chimney, incase that is, the pungi sticks dont kill him....

Upvote 0
My Xmas list for ROOST:

Weapons:

German weapons:

Panzerschreck
PzB-35 anti-tank rifle
C96 Mauser

Russian weapons:

PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle
RGD-33 hand Grenade
Nagant Revolver

Maps:

Kharkov
Kursk
Valirisk
Orel: Not the fan made one that lacks historic acuracy but an Offical one.
Porkhorovka
Polovs' House
Seelow Heights

Vehicles:

German Vehicles:

Panzer3M
Panzer4D: A much more common tank for the Germans than the F1 or 2
Elefant
Stug3G

Russian Vehicles:

SU-122
SU-152
T-26
KV-2

Upvote 0

Would love to see a recoil tweek done so smgs have less recoil then any other gun on a per shot basis. A bigger faster more powerful round should have a bigger recoil then a small round. Thats just a pet peeve of mine but i would also really love to see the amount of recoil be less effected by if your standing or crouched. I really dont think recoil should be that much worse when your standing upright compaired to when your squating. The way players squat in the game isnt exactly stable. looks like they are getting ready to take a poop in the bushes or something.

lol we have that map its called Leningrad...

Upvote 0
Dear santa

Could you please send me a new guillie suit to go with my sniper class?
what self respecting sniper hasnt got SOME kind of camo?
I think its very important that i get this, im sure i dont have to remind you that im a good shot and hitting a big, fat moving target is no problem at all. ill say no more.

thank you in adavance
say hi to Rudolf for me

Crossbow

Upvote 0