• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod News Part 2

well well.. only one server.. attackers need better means against turrets...
5 direct rocket hits is too much... it was nice could be great occasional fun :)
(oh yeah crashed also after couple maps)

EDIT:it crashes awfully lot, also we need more players! it feels its like wasted potential atm
i really hope its gonna all work out :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMFG GREAT FUN!! :D

I will be playing this alot (assuming I'm not alone)

EDIT:// Btw I just tought this screenie I took was cool :D

da07.jpg

Upvote 0
First of all, thanks for downloading DA2. And for the kind words you wrote on the forums.

I've been playing online with some of you guys, and I had alot of fun.
I also discovered some issue in Blackgold, where the door won't open when the first objective was destroyed. I forgot the add the trigger event, and it's already fixed. I would like to add the updated map in a possible next release.

Many people who played online, must have noticed the crashing while loading a new map. This was left in, since we were unable to fix this. Some people suggested to just release, and maybe somebody could fix it afterwards. If there is someone that would like to look into the source to figure out the problem, i'd be pleased to give it to you.

I also added a suprise in the 'help' folder of DA2. It's a picture of the ATV, that could be in a next release! But that would only be possible if somebody could animate it, and import it into the game, because DA2 doesnt have a coder and animator anymore.

Any skilled animator (maya prefered) or coder could contact me on PM, or email.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
nice mod ... but not for me.

to be for me :
- bigger maps
- IS (take away the bs crosshair & cone of fire)
- damage modell (1 bullet 1 kill)
- turret bs ( think to something else to replace it. the turrents cannot be build from thin air :) )
- prone
- leaning
- stamina

to be short: RO + SF theme... not CS + SF theme.

Upvote 0
I kind of disagree with all of radix points :p

I disagree with Svedberg on some points.

I like the turret idea. Problem is, there are too many on most map. I rarely die from other players.
No.1 death reason is random mortar fire.
No.2 turrets

I really, really, really, miss the prone and lean functionality. But i take this is due to the lack of coders and the port from UT. (Maybe the player skeleton is not suited for leaning too?)

Also, i can live with a shotgun not killing someone instantly, but a snipershot... :S

The fact that you cant sprint is also something very irritating for me.
I like the different speeds for different classes, but some sort of sprinting would really help.
As for the cone of fire and the aiming, well, I would go for the "no crosshair" too :)

All in all, I like it, actually, at least with few players and in the attack it feels like it needs more teamwork than RO. As a single mechanic its almost impossible to build a turret in a good position with the enemy turrets blazing all the time. As a rocketeer you need ammo boxes on forward positions.

Well, lets hope I will see a full server sometime :)

Upvote 0
I think I missed the point when it was stated that DA2 was a realistic or semi realistic shooter, can someone show me this statement? :p

(ok ok I'm just messing around with you now so ignore previous line)

Well personally I don't mind the ammount of turrets it require team work and good rocketeers for the attacking team that takes out a couple of turrets to open a window so you can "get in". The only thing that I find anoying as attacker is the random mortar fire (or is it random it almost seems (to me) to come with even intervals so you can actually learn to avoid it).

Upvote 0