• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[USA] Did you vote today?

[USA] Did you vote today?

• Yes

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • I'm not a US citizen

Votes: 72 56.7%

• Total voters
Voted by mail last week.

Spent a few hours today calling registered voters who usually don't vote on midterms to remind them to vote and tell them where their polling location is.

It amazes me how many new democracies have voter turn out in the +95%.

So in this country, after minorities (1/4 of the population) and women had spent centuries to get the vote, we're lucky to get 50% in a midterm. All this while we fight a war to bring democracy to two nations.

My opinion is, if you don't do the least to make a difference, you don't really have a lot of clout when it comes to complaining.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion, voting is pretty dumb. All you do is the pick the person who seems to be less of a liar. No thanks. You never know if you picked the right person, for every good thing a politician does, the WILL screw up equal or more the value of said good deed.
Would you vote for Nixon... or Kennedy? There is a difference alright. Sometimes larger than others though.

Upvote 0
Got gypped by misunderstanding the registration stuff here. I filled out ALL the usual registration stuff online, which apparently wasn't my registration, but just a form to fill out to get the form to get my registration.

Bet if I spoke Spanish, I'd have got registered.

I thought I had registered the same time I did for the draft.

What a ****ty to find out that was not the case.

Upvote 0