• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tank commander should scream "FIRE!" not?

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
hi, i have a little suggestion here, when you are in the gunner position of a tank, you are in fact in the commanders position since you use the gun sight and commander copula.
well in RL ( at least for german tanks) it was the commander who looked tru the visor and when the gun had to be fired he would scream "FUER!" ( not sure of spelling) and the gunner would trigger the cannon.
so my suggestion is: when you press the fire key, you should hear yourself screaming "fire!" and half a second later the gun fires.
this is just a little bittle tiny winy realism improvement that would not be so complicated to add in a future update i think.
especially the delay is important, between the fire and actual firing, in RL commanders had to take that in account ( there seems to be a delay in RO also, but i think it's because of my ping really ;) )

I love the sound of this idea, both hearing "FEUER!", then a split second, and then the gun firing with a tremendous noise. Then, the noise of the shell hitting the floor of the turret and bouncing around a bit, with that typical metal on metal "ting" noise.

This would really add to the atmosphere, and really make tank combat truly intense, with all the screams and noise going on.

Upvote 0
Very nice idea. Would make the tank feel more like it has a whole crew, rather than just a driver and commander.

I would also like the "Loaded!" command to be automated. We have it in game, but no one ever uses it. Why not have the AI loader shout it after the shell has been loaded? Nice bit of ambience and functional because even if you miss the sound of the shell being loaded, its another audio cue for you.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we need this. Tank fights are just two or more tanks quietly dueling. It would make it SO intense if the crew automatically shouts out teh damage and stuff (e.g. "We're burning!" when it's burning, duh, and "Get out!" when the tank is on its last legs, er, treads)

Tank commanders CAN say "Fire at Will!" (variation on the tank cmdr/NCO's Engage command) but it should be automatic...

Upvote 0
Geladen! Feuer! FA-TOOM *creak, clang!* *reloading noise* Geladen! Feuer!

sounds like fun to me. After all the tank is sposed to represent a 4/5 man crew not just driver/gunner even when your solo tanking and changing possies it's still meant to be 5 people in there

Which is why it woudl be great to have bots as well in the tank (just player models with animations)

Upvote 0
thanks for the support guys,

yes it would be cool to also have the loader shout "fertig geladen!" (loaded) when the gun is ready to fire.
and why not hear the driver shout automatically" we have thrown a track" or "the engine has broke down"

and another good sound would be when you change from AP to HE you hear the commander shout "change the munition!"

i know that when the cannon would jam, the entire crew would have to bail out and one of them would have to go in and unload the cannon wich could explode...

Upvote 0