• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Salute!

Oberstjon

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 3, 2006
Many times I find myself standing around in the tank maps waiting for a desireable respawn. While doing this alot of noobs just cant resist shooting their weapon at someone and kill a team member. A simple fix could be to add a salute command so the teammembers can salute eachother. It would be neat to see a circle of tank crewman salute the commander b4 battle. Of coarse I mean the traditional naval salute. What to you people think?

There was actually a wave command in the original unreal tournament. People started binding the wave to certain movements (2 actions bound to 1 key) to make the game look rediculous.

In RO, if that suggestion was implemented, people would no doubt salute opponents just before shooting. It would get spammed and people would regret that the option was in-game.

I'm not trying to shoot your idea down, just foreseeing its misuse.

Upvote 0
I think people with ADD shouldn't be in tank spawns to begin with.
Saluting in this would be a waste. In WWIIOL it worked, because officers were few and far between, so I frequently took the opportunity to salute a member of the high command. Here, it's basically just an action game, with no lulls in the fighting for that sort of business -- you're basically always on the front line.

Upvote 0
In the field, when you know the enemy are near by (which in RO, they always are very close to you, usually less than 200m), you never salute an officer, as it makes him the first choice for any enemy sniper etc. Without an officer, an army can't function properly, as they don't have a clue what to do.

Edit: sorry just read Oldih's post, same thing as i said, but anyhow you get the idea saluting is a bad thing. And people will just spam it, making the game look rediculous.

Upvote 0