• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German Scout Vehicle

the best vehicle for the Germans to match the BA-64 is the SDKFZ-222 scout car. With it's MG and 20mm AA gun it could even beat small tanks like the T-60. Or at least sofen them up for the main tank groups to finish off. It also only can hold 2 people unlike the Puma witch had a crew of 3, and would totaly unballance the game with it's tank killing cannon, and co-ax MG.

Upvote 0
Yeah maybe the SdKfz 222, but the BMW R75 with sidecar could have an MG attached.

cur2sm.jpg

I do like the idea though of putting armored cars on urban maps that don't have tanks, that would be interesting.

Upvote 0
I would love to see an armoured scoutcar on the German side and I would also love to see the BA64 in further releases.

Just one thing: Not on normal maps!

It simply ****s if people drive around on a close combat tank map like arad in this barely armored cars. Where they really DO make sense is on great maps like Orel.
A team of scout cars can check pretty fast if the enemy tries to flank you over the eastern or western fields or where a tank group will strike. They should not be combat vehicles but reconaissance vehicles.
And although this is not the right use for it, it can also be used as a transport from the spawn to the combat zone, where you may find new tank depots.

Another way to decrease the clownyness of the car is:
> Remove the enormous power of the Shambeh Bambeh! If it wouldnt be so effective against tanks, there would be less clowncar-bombers
> Give people damage that jump from a fast vehicle. Like v>15km/h => dead or at least broken leg. Then we would have less drive-by-panzerfausts or drive-by-bombings.

Upvote 0
I have no problem with adding a scout car for the Germans. But once the fall update goes through, a lot of maps with the BA-64 should have it removed in favor of the Bren carrier. Scout cars should be used for scouting (like on a map like Orel or Black Day in July), not for capturing territory or as a weak 2-man APC.

Upvote 0