• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

K98 rifle ammo

Y I'm sure it ****s:(. Get the government to let you guys have guns. It works rather well over here with the common citizen capable of owning a gun.

Once people loss their right to own a gun. It is very difficult to get it back. Why would any government want to give it's people that kind of power once they have taken it away?

I'm glad I live in America. Where we still have this right. It's a never ending battle though. Who knows how much longer we'll have it.

Upvote 0
hello this is my first post i like this great game and i think you did a great job i think the k98 seems pretty real sept one thing i shot a real k98 a while back and one thing is for sure i could not load a full magazine into the rifle with out a jam or a bullet geting dammaged by the bolt when trying to close a full load of ammo into the k98 i do like the rifle and its easy to use its just the weapon seems to have ammo trob some times would be nice to see that type of stuff where if some times if you load a full ammo quick loader the top round should jam in random times which would make it so you have to try to unjam the weapon or find a replacement rifle its very hard to get a jam round from the chamber which would be ever harder under fire :cool:
Well either it's a remake, or really old, so either way, it's not going to be in peek condition, you can't really base something off a rifle that old, or a remake.

Upvote 0
Actually, the rifle could be the problem. I have a Turkish M93 Mauser and it has a messed up mag spring. It likes to throw the last round out of the rifle. It happens almost everytime. I fire the fourth round. Open the bolt, and watch the empty shell, along with the fifth round. Fly out of the rifle.

Ofcourse that spring could be 110 years old too.

Upvote 0
i have only fired blanks in the K98 (that is untill next friday when im doing a live shoot and some more private battles with blanks) And i tend to find that blanks do tend to jam. you got to feed the bolt slowly. But i imagine with live ammo it is easier.

Alec

I have some surplus WWII blanks for an Enfield. They tend to jam atleast once a mag. in my Savage No. 4. BTW, what's bad about blanks? Do they erode the barrel or something? I've only put 14 through it. I got frustrated with the jams, and went back to real ammo.

Upvote 0
It's according to what your used to. Someone who's worked a straight bolt more is usually quicker with a straight bolt. A person accustomed to a bent bolt is faster with it. I've used both, and I have to say, they are about equal.

Unless you are talking about an Enfield.;)

Also, check out this video I made with my Mas 36. It's got a bent bolt. I'm nearly as fast with these as I am with my Enfields.

http://media.putfile.com/French-Mas-36

Of course we also have the Swiss K31. You can see the sling hanging down off the rifle in this video. The slings for these rifles has a quick disconnect. I use it so the sling doesn't hit my cheek when firing.

http://media.putfile.com/Swiss-K-31

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You just can't cycle the K98 (with its fully-turned handle) as fast as a straight-handled rifle.

I dont know where you got that info, I can bolt my K98 just fine with its bent handle.

Like User Name said, it's all about what your used to, I can bolt my K98 quickly with ease, but when I try and bolt my brothers Nagant M44 quickly, I have some trouble.

Upvote 0