• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Purchasing Firearms in the U.S.

$50?

That's a ****ing bargain.

I don't have a C & R yet (my family that is), so I get to pay $55. Cheapest I could find. Gun Exchange in San Jose wanted $80, local guy $75, and Reeds wanted like, $200, LOL.

S|_|cks.

Ouch, your in California. Your guns laws are tough too. Yeah, $50 is a bargain comparing it you your state. One place here wanted about $115.

Upvote 0
haha, end up having to give them your rifle to cover the costs.

Yeah. Has anybody seen the size of these sawback bayonets for the K-31?
Messer898922.jpg

Upvote 0
****! how long are those?:eek:

That's because they were really designed for sawing wood. They were generally issued to engineers etc.

The Swiss thought of the bayonet as a tool and not just a weapon.

The Germans also had a similar design in WWI and the Allies went nuts about them thinking they were barbaric weapons when in fact they were really more or less tools for the field.

Hollywood demonized this type of bayo in the film "All quite on the western front". That's because they did not get their historical facts straight beforehand. Hollywood is good at sensationalizing and overating things at the expense of facts. We all know that to be true.

I just purchased a nickel plated 1898 Swiss bayo for my K31 myself. Seems it was popular for the soldiers to have a plated one for social occasions and a normal one for inspections etc.

Im personally looking for an enfield bayonet. They are just as long if not longer than that one.
You can however for now proclaim that yours is longer than mine LOL.

Upvote 0
$50?

That's a ****ing bargain.

I don't have a C & R yet (my family that is), so I get to pay $55. Cheapest I could find. Gun Exchange in San Jose wanted $80, local guy $75, and Reeds wanted like, $200, LOL.

S|_|cks.

When you say that "your family" doesn't have a C&R yet, what exactly do you mean? Are you the one getting the C&R FFL or your Father?

I have a C&R and can tell you that only an individual can have a C&R, not a group. If you have a C&R you can't go around buying guns for people. You need to get some info from the C&R Forums and the BATF web page before you get one. Those folks love to answer questions for newbies.

Using a C&R for Straw purchases and to start a busines will land you in Club Fed PDQ guaranteed.

Now to get around the grey area of rules a bit, the C&R holder could concievably get tired of one of his pieces after owning it for a year or so and then give it to his Son as a gift. This is perfectly acceptable to the ATF. Or he could even trade it or sell it as long as the intent is to "enhance" his collection.

OTOH, using a C&R to purchase and sell firearms either at gunshows or online to simply make money will get you a bunk mate named buba in no time. The BATF has ways of determining which one you are doing by inspecting your logs. And they can do that any time they want.

Just food for thought.

Upvote 0
When you say that "your family" doesn't have a C&R yet, what exactly do you mean? Are you the one getting the C&R FFL or your Father?

I have a C&R and can tell you that only an individual can have a C&R, not a group. If you have a C&R you can't go around buying guns for people. You need to get some info from the C&R Forums and the BATF web page before you get one. Those folks love to answer questions for newbies.

Whoever is willing to fill out the forms, so either of my parents, most likely my dad. I am not 21 so I can't apply for it. I know it's an individual license. I'll pay for the rifles and they will be in my Dad's name. No big deal. I'll just get nice "birthday presents".

Upvote 0
Whoever is willing to fill out the forms, so either of my parents, most likely my dad. I am not 21 so I can't apply for it. I know it's an individual license. I'll pay for the rifles and they will be in my Dad's name. No big deal. I'll just get nice "birthday presents".

Just remember that technically they are his when the ATF inspector comes to your house.

The smart thing to do is to wait a year before he signs them out to you in his aquisition and disposition log.

I can tell you this...

There is NOTHING cooler than have Fedex and UPS bring a rifle or pistol right to your door. At one time not so long ago (when we were still free) any American could do this via a Sears Wishbook etc. Now we have to ask for permission from our own Government to do it pffft! Better to stay legal and legit though.

Don't forget to have him mail or fax signed copies of his FFL to online sellers like SOG and AIM etc. Once he buys his first piece, he will be hooked for life.

Upvote 0
There is NOTHING cooler than have Fedex and UPS bring a rifle or pistol right to your door.

Too bad that Venkman and I live in the PRK, and the gov't here is barely OK with C&R long guns being shipped to your door, but they still don't let you do it with C&R pistols...

Pistol purchases have to go through an FFL with COE (basically CA's equivalent of FFL...)

At least a C&R with a COE of your very own lets you bypass the 10-day wait on C&R guns of all stripes.

And at least C&R pistols are exempt from the BS "safety" tests that are required of the rest. Soon they're requiring a magazine disconnect (so it won't fire without a mag in... !?) AND chamber-loaded indicator. Right now it's just either/or.

Upvote 0
Just remember that technically they are his when the ATF inspector comes to your house.

The smart thing to do is to wait a year before he signs them out to you in his aquisition and disposition log.

I can tell you this...

There is NOTHING cooler than have Fedex and UPS bring a rifle or pistol right to your door. At one time not so long ago (when we were still free) any American could do this via a Sears Wishbook etc. Now we have to ask for permission from our own Government to do it pffft! Better to stay legal and legit though.

Don't forget to have him mail or fax signed copies of his FFL to online sellers like SOG and AIM etc. Once he buys his first piece, he will be hooked for life.

You can still have rifles and pistols shipped to your door without a C&R. They just have to be antiques. I've had eleven M39s (I only have nine of them at this point) that were built on 1898 and earlier M91 receivers shipped right to my door. I've also had six German Gew 88s sent here. Along with three M93 Turkish Mausers. All without anything more than a copy of my Driver's license.

I feel sorry for you California guys though. I live in Georgia, and here you can walk into a gun shop, and buy a rifle or a pistol without any wait. All it takes is a quick background check.

I remember when I bought my '43 M44 and my two PA-63 pistols. I walked in, bought them, and after a background check. Walked out with them, and the ammo.

Upvote 0
Ha, chamber loaded indicator.:rolleyes: That goes against basic safety procedures, I for one am not going to rely on a little red indicator to trust my pistol as "Clear".

What lame junk will "they" come up with next? :(

They've had loaded chamber indicators for years. My Polish P-64 has one. The P-08 Luger has one. I still prefer to check the chamber myself though.

Upvote 0
Ha, chamber loaded indicator.:rolleyes: That goes against basic safety procedures, I for one am not going to rely on a little red indicator to trust my pistol as "Clear".

What lame junk will "they" come up with next? :(

Exactly.

The chamber loaded indicator isn't new, neither is a mag disconnect...

Are you willing to TRUST them, I mean, do you trust the safety on your guns?

I wince when I'm cleaning my Mosin, with the bolt laying five feet away, and my wife manages to walk in front of the muzzle as I'm lifting it... with a cleaning rod stuck down the rifle.

Upvote 0