• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Dolphin Diving Fix.....

The Dolphin Diving Fix.....

• Total voters
guys... this has totally gone out of whack..... dolphin diving does not exist in RO...... only sprinting and diving......

and besides.... try to "dive" infront of an MG, you will get mowed down..... diving isnt always the best solution you know......

and no you can not for the last time you can NOT!!! shoot in mid air..... get an auto/smg/bolt........

lets test this out bc it works every time.... for me at least...

1) Have full stamina, and charge..... after you have gained some speed.... go prone...

2) As soon as you go prone.... YES you can bring up your IS.... but you can NOT can NOT!!! shoot until you hit the ground.......

IT WONT LET YOU!!!!

and dont even give me that bull**** about jumping off a building.... bc why the hell would you do that in a match to kill someone before killing yourself.... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

so bc you can not shoot in mid air... it is NOT dolphin diving.....

This thread should be dead now... dont post on it anymore LOL!!!!:D

Upvote 0
2) As soon as you go prone.... YES you can bring up your IS.... but you can NOT can NOT!!! shoot until you hit the ground.......

IT WONT LET YOU!!!!

and dont even give me that bull**** about jumping off a building.... bc why the hell would you do that in a match to kill someone before killing yourself.... IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Ignorance is bliss. When the prone animation finishes, you can fire, whether you be on the ground or in the air. And I've even been killed by someone diving through the air and shooting. No they wern't jumping off a building, they were jumping off a small cliff and the animation completed when he was halfway to the ground and he started firing at me and killed me before he hit the ground and he sustained no damage.

Upvote 0
^^ Yup, this happens on Kaukasus a lot.

Sure, a tank kills a rifleman. What's your point? That's realistic.

Sprinting all out, diving to prone, and shooting perfectly once you hit the ground is not realistic, therefore, you lose.

I tried it with my old BB gun - didn't want to hurt one of my real guns.

I set up a target 20 feet away - 1ft x 1ft

I ran, jumped, landed on my belly, and shot.

I didn't even hit my target, much less shoot it in the middle.

Upvote 0
^^ Yup, this happens on Kaukasus a lot.

Sure, a tank kills a rifleman. What's your point? That's realistic.

Sprinting all out, diving to prone, and shooting perfectly once you hit the ground is not realistic, therefore, you lose.

I tried it with my old BB gun - didn't want to hurt one of my real guns.

I set up a target 20 feet away - 1ft x 1ft

I ran, jumped, landed on my belly, and shot.

I didn't even hit my target, much less shoot it in the middle.

What did the neighbours think of that?

Roger: "Maude, come and look what this idiot is doing next door".

Maude: "Dropped on his head as a baby I suspect".

Upvote 0
Well, silly me, I did this in front of my girlfriend.

Try explaining that........

Her: "So, you talk on this forum, and like, you want to like, jump and shoot stuff?"

Me: "Well, yeah, basically."

Her: "......... You should wear kneepads."

Two minutes later.......

Her: "That looked like it hurt."

Me: [incoherent] "Damn, that hurt. Can you get me an icepack?"

Her: "Why are you so controlling?!?!?!?! Quit smothering me!"

Upvote 0
why don't server admins just kick & ban the violators? I mean, most people around these forums have enough pride not to resort to such gamey crap. I imagine the people that abuse it are not going to be missed.

why not just get rid of them, like any other tool-shed that uses gamey crap that no one wants to see in the game? Heck, I'd just break out the ban hammer.

there's no real debate as to the issue here, is there?

cause admin's aren't on all the time, and it would let some people call the admin a power freak. It's just easier for tripwire to fix it, then there is no problem =)

Upvote 0
While It is annoying , & how people seem to be perfectly aimed in IS & hit the ground firing ,I dont know ,but I have just adjusted my tactics , as soon as I see them diving I immediately aim a lil lower & hit the trigger , I would say most of the time I get them this way .
So to make it fair , if you want maybe tweak it a little thats fine , .....or just teach everyone how to do it , cuz I sure havent figured it out. :0

Upvote 0
While It is annoying , & how people seem to be perfectly aimed in IS & hit the ground firing ,I dont know ,but I have just adjusted my tactics , as soon as I see them diving I immediately aim a lil lower & hit the trigger , I would say most of the time I get them this way .
So to make it fair , if you want maybe tweak it a little thats fine , .....or just teach everyone how to do it , cuz I sure havent figured it out. :0

That works if you have a rifle and bring IS as soon as he starts diving because you will be able to shoot at the same time as he starts shooting you. With an SMG you might as well do the IS dive when you see him starting to do it because you get IS up at the same time but you will have huge recoil and bad accuracy (comparatively) if you just crouch. If hes quite close though just hip shoot him while dodging side to side

Upvote 0
I'd advise you not to participate in the next WW.

Well, I called my grandfather, a Russian, who fought during WWII.

He fought in the battle of Moscow.

I suggested this sort of tactic to him, and asked if it was valid.

He laughed for a couple minutes, and then said....

"If I had tried that, an officer would have shot me on the spot - for making the Red Army look stupid, and for probably killing a comrade....."

Upvote 0
IS/Prone

IS/Prone

My original post explains this and if you want proof check for the video someone made and posted on YouTube.

RO Forum Thread:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9933

Can I make it clear that the problem which I stated ages ago and now has been blown out of all proportion is the fact a player can go to IS while going prone, fire and have full prone accuracy in a lot shorter time it takes to crouch and aim. The player who is doing this sees the IS coming up when diving and is able to fire immediatly on hitting the surface. The player being attacked sees only the prone animation. This is possible not not only while running but jogging as well. The devs have confirmed this should not be possible and have agreed to fix it.

Ta

Chi

Upvote 0
fall3tu.gif

http://img177.echo.cx/img177/1689/fall3tu.gif

This is Prone to IS in action.

Upvote 0
Any idea how long the delay will be?

I was thinking one second is way too long in a firefight, maybe a half second would work.

Would love to get dev feedback.

If anyone has a random suggestion for DD penalties, please post 'em.

Once again, thanks Tripwire - and I think as a community we all wuv you and give you a big big hug.

Another reason you guys keep me playing Red Orchestra - you actually give a sh1t about your customers.:D

*cough*Counterstrike*cough*Valve*cough*EA*cough

I'm going to go get my last kicks watching people dolphin dive:D

Kind of off-topic, but why do you have a problem with Valve? Counter-Strike ****s, there's no way they can make that game better with updates! EA, now that's another story. Valve is OK in my book.

Upvote 0
Kind of off-topic, but why do you have a problem with Valve? Counter-Strike ****s, there's no way they can make that game better with updates! EA, now that's another story. Valve is OK in my book.

CS was a great game and still is an OK game, but once valve started getting involved it only got worse, not better. Gun accuracy started going down (larger cone of fire), they started putting in stupid things like guns that no one is going to use, shields for CT's etc. As the game neared retail it just seemed to be going from a stealth game to a running around spray em up type game. In source they seemed to make the COF even bigger and reduced the footstep sounds so most people just run all the time. Its still an OK game though, infact I just started playing it again and its a bit better in source now. Headshots don't seem to be quite as random as they were before and maybe they have increased the footstep sounds a bit (or maybe its my new headphones).

DOD source is complete crap though imo (another game valve took over afaik)

Upvote 0