• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How will Sch

If the purpose of the Schurzen is to protect against shaped charges, you gotta ask yourself why they're being added....considering the Russians don't HAVE any shaped charge weapons aside from the odd map with a panzerfaust lying around somewhere.

Then it begs the question on why they added them IRL.
And the anti-magnetic coating they put on their tanks, when they were the only ones who used magnetic mines.

Going wildly off topic for a moment, what what the technology German developed because they had been tricked as to how ASDIC worked?

Upvote 0
Then it begs the question on why they added them IRL.
And the anti-magnetic coating they put on their tanks, when they were the only ones who used magnetic mines.

Going wildly off topic for a moment, what what the technology German developed because they had been tricked as to how ASDIC worked?

Well, in real life the Soviets used shaped charge weapons, so it makes sense.

Upvote 0
Yes, they had shaped charges like the RDG 43, the lend-lease bazookas (Don't know if they got any PIATs, but they might've), and of course captured german gear. My only point is that none of that aside from the "captured panzerfaust in a crate somewhere" is modeled in game. Thus, again, why add them aside from cosmetic reasons?

If it's purely cosmetic, that's cool. I have no beef with that. But if all of a sudden, the soviets are going to be even more screwed as far as infantry AT capabilities are concerned, well, I'd hope mappers would take into account this issue as far as map balance is concerned.

Upvote 0
Yes, they had shaped charges like the RDG 43, the lend-lease bazookas (Don't know if they got any PIATs, but they might've)

I love the PIAT. Only us Bristish could have come up with an anti-tank weapon where the firing mechanism is a really heavy spring. Major Robert Cain (VC) used the PIAT to great effect, disabling / destroying several tanks with it, including Tigers.
Even after 1 of the "bombs" had exploded on him, rendering him blind for a while, he returned to the fight with a PIAT.

Upvote 0
Quite correct. The most obvious example of women fighting in WWII is actually the Russians. They recruited females to show that they had a human "edge," - basically, that they were a better nation than Germans. 'Course, the women were usually relegated to supply lines, trench digging, and other trivial tasks, but oh well - those hairy, muscular, unshaven women are thought to be the birth of modern feminism.:D

The Russians had a very large contingent of women as snipers, and they were very effective. The Soviets cultivated a sharpshooter culture almost like a sporting event in the decades before the war. They were able to draw on this group for the sniper core, and many of them were women. They were the only country in WW2 to use women in full combat roles.

Upvote 0