• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dive to iron sights..

And how much of your foot is going to be in your mouth when the next update is relieved and they fixed your 'dolphin diving'? The dev's don't have to pubically acknowledge something in order to fix it. Just because they don't come into every thread apologizing and say its being worked on, doesn't mean they won't fix it.

Just wait for the next update preview and have some damned patience.

All i'm worried about is priorities..do TW take gameplay breaking things seriously or is it sidelined for other stuff. I will be very happy if its fixed in the next update, but from what i've seen it could be RO 2 when its fixed. All I've wanted to know is if this is being taken seriously or not.

One other thing - this is 1 of only 2 game exploits that i'm aware of atm so I don't think its like they should comment on everything - only the things that matter the most and exploitable bugs are at the top of my list personally in terms of importance.

Upvote 0
So a dev will quite happily come on and spend time telling us to stfu but he can't give us any indication of when a gameplay breaking bug will likely be looked at? Don't take what I say the wrong way, it just seems like I get told to stfu and learn to read by one dev and now you tell us dive to iron sight is just like all the other issues and doesn't warrent a quick update from you guys. You guys comment on things all the time on the forums, but this particular issue (which people speak up about as being a problem quite often) seems to be ignored. I know you guys don't want us asking you all the time about stuff that you promised so its better that we are surpised with patch content rather than anticipating and then possibly disapointed because something will not make that patch, but this dive to iron sight thing doesn't even seem to be a priority from what i've seen from dev comments. Ah well don't want to tell you guys what to do (as I said before its your game and its down to you what happens) this is just what I think about this.

See, i haven't told you anything about the issue and you say:"now you tell us dive to iron sight is just like all the other issues and doesn't warrent a quick update from you guys. "

That's what i mean ;)

Upvote 0
IT IS NOT A GAME BREAKING BUG

THE GAME IS NOT BROKEN BECAUSE OF IT

THE GAME IS PERFECTLY PLAYABLE DESPITE IT

It's going to really be funny when they 'fix it' and people still get killed by other people diving to prone, even with the second-long delay in bringing up iron sights or whatever they're going to do.

Then we'll get to continue reading melipone's thoughts on the subject in every thread remotely related to the topic.

edit: by the way, it doesn't warrant a quick update. If it's not being "taken seriously", it's probably because of people like you who are blowing it way out of proportion.

Upvote 0

It's going to really be funny when they 'fix it' and people still get killed by other people diving to prone, even with the second-long delay in bringing up iron sights or whatever they're going to do.

Then we'll get to continue reading melipone's thoughts on the subject in every thread remotely related to the topic.

edit: by the way, it doesn't warrant a quick update. If it's not being "taken seriously", it's probably because of people like you who are blowing it way out of proportion.

Right so you think I want this fixed because people use it on me? Nope I feel like i'm cheating when i'm forced to do it because I would die if I didn't. I shouldn't have to do this cheap tactic just because I know other people will in the same situation. It doesn't break gameplay, I shouldn't make it seem as bad as that but it is too powerful and makes the game easier than it should be. Its not an immensly important thing, but gameplay exploits should be at the top of the list imo rather than the type of stuff that has been put in in the last few months. Again its free stuff, but its just my opinion on the best way to keep this game going. If you leave stuff like this in people will only get more and more fed up with TW calling it a realism game. Ah well I said before I comment too much on this and here I go again :(

Upvote 0
Oh, dear. Someone's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use it?

I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

You don't have to use this 'cheap tactic' to win. Get better at playing, and you won't be caught in a situation where you need it.

By the way, I just watched the video in your sig. A submachinegunner killing people at close range? PREPOSTEROUS! STAY HERE, MELIPONE! I WILL INFORM THE AUTHORITIES!

In most of the examples you provided with that video, any number of tactics would have worked just as well. You probably would have died easily, if you weren't fighting a team who couldn't even shoot you at ten feet away with a machinegun.

Use some god damn self control. It's not that difficult, really. Tripwire shouldn't have to 'fix' a 'bug' to stop you from needing to use it.

Upvote 0
See, i haven't told you anything about the issue and you say:"now you tell us dive to iron sight is just like all the other issues and doesn't warrent a quick update from you guys. "

That's what i mean ;)

You mean it IS like all the other issues? I not trying to be a **** just don't get what you're saying probably.

Do you mean i'm putting words in your mouth saying you're saying its like every other issue? I was just trying to point out that you say you can't comment on everything but only the ones you deem worthy of comment because of time constraints, and you have only anounced this as a bug and nothing else.

Bah I don't want to make out its a huge thing, but I just think stuff like this should not be taken too lightly.

Upvote 0
Oh, dear. Someone's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use it?

I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

You don't have to use this 'cheap tactic' to win. Get better at playing, and you won't be caught in a situation where you need it.

By the way, I just watched the video in your sig. A submachinegunner killing people at close range? PREPOSTEROUS! STAY HERE, MELIPONE! I WILL INFORM THE AUTHORITIES!

In most of the examples you provided with that video, any number of tactics would have worked just as well. You probably would have died easily, if you weren't fighting a team who couldn't even shoot you at ten feet away with a machinegun.

Use some god damn self control. It's not that difficult, really. Tripwire shouldn't have to 'fix' a 'bug' to stop you from needing to use it.

Why shouldn't I when everyone else does? You can't just have people running around exploiting and expect people not to do it. It can be used on me, therefore I should do it to.

Anyway you're saying that in not one of those situations dive to iron site was considerably more effective than any other attack? Also don't just take my video as the best example - there are many players that do this all the time. Are you saying they use it even though it isn't effective? Thats rubbish.

Its not worth discussing this stuff with you anyway - I've seen your responses to all the other people that don't agree with you.

Upvote 0
wow this little thing is actually stopping you from playing? thats sad.:(

Truth. This is how ridiculous people are getting. The "omg this smg has an incorrect emblem when you look at it from underneath in freeview" kinda guys. Just play and have fun. If someone shoots you using it, maybe next time you should just toss a nade instead if you cant hadle your gun.

Upvote 0
umm yeh, but if they said they would eventually fix it , it might help some worriers hang for the fix. i suspect they're really trying to take care of us tankers [cos we've been screaming for them too.]
in this update. maybe it's acase of 'next update' but they don't want to start a 'wait-fest'.
it definately doesn't sound realistic [i'm a tanker never seen it] maybe while you are in the air from a jump, they could make it impossible to go prone until you've touched down. this would make it basically impossible.

Upvote 0
To sum up the whole diving issue, would I be wrong to say it is in fact an issue? It has arcade-game like qualities that, like some people have said, Battlefield 2 even had to try and fix because it was getting out of control. Tripwire should make temporary fix to this issue by increasing the time it takes to pull up iron sights after diving by a second or two until they can rework diving.

If they don't fix it, I agree with what th others said: this isn't a game-breaking issue. I really don't care about people diving.

Upvote 0
I've seen Dolphin Diving gain more and more users everyday. Just the other day some clan member used it every time he frikken saw an enemy, and when I complained about the exploit, he told to to "F*** off and go play a realism server."

Is this what RO has come too? Now we need a "realism" server to play a realistic game?

As for the Dev response to Melipone... That's just disappointing. He's right. You basically jump in and say "stfu about this complaining", then you don't even talk about the subject at hand, and start this rant about "if we keep responding to every idiot online blah blah blah..." I don't need to hear that crap from a dev team I generally respect.

It's a very basic yes or no question. Is it going to be fixed, or not?

Upvote 0

From perhaps the most frequent user...

It is an issue that bugs a lot of players. I think its terribly unrealistic, not that I seek to play 'realism' rule games...it just gives off a feeling of terrible gayness when somebody does it. I mean...jumping like 3 feet in the air, landing on your chest and firing immediately....**** that. I just find myself thinking "****ing *****" when I'm victimized. Then I think "haha take it you ****er" when I return the favor. Almost like a mini-game within the game...dolphin dive the dolphin divers.

Shouldn't "ruin" anybody's game, thats kinda silly...like breadtruck said: just play and have fun. People are going to use it, get used to it and hope for a fix.

Upvote 0
Well most people who don't want it fixed or don't see a big issue are using it. Sure I could use it too, but I'm not an arcade noob.
RO wants to be as realistic as possible as far as the engine allows it, dolphin diving is not realistic. And far worse than clowncars or wrong reload times.

RO is still fun, even with dolphin diving. But like some people said, every day more people are using it and the devs have to adress this.

Upvote 0
...the devs have to adress this.

This is probably why the devs give unfavorable responses...

I'm sure you know this but they don't HAVE to do anything. For all I, or any of us, know it works as intended and we are complaining to no avail.

Try to cut them a little slack (sounds odd coming from me) I am sure they are or will be looking into the issue.

Upvote 0