• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sad day in FPS gaming...Rainbow 6: Vegas

Well I'm a bit of an old school rainbow 6 guy back with my PS1, so really I'm a bit insulted they have added health regeneration and have created such a goofy plot, the previous plots were believable from what I remember and they wern't outlandish like "TERRORISTS TAKE OVER LAS VEGAS!" I even noticed some of the old R6 missions and mp maps were vaguely based on real life happenings.

I noticed in the trailer I watched nearly every bullet is a tracer........

Upvote 0
I really don't get why companies insist on buying supposedly valuable game IPs, and then making games that have NOTHING to do with the games that made said IP valuable in the first place..

I mean, its like buying the Homeworld games then turning out a 2d side-scrolling shooter..

Indeed, i dont see the point, they might sell a few copies based on the name, but in the end, all they are doing is throwing away a loyal fanbase, by not sticking to the formula that attracted said fanbase, and i just dont see how thats good buisness..

And its certainly not good for the games, they die, end of story.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it seems that mainstream gaming is going the same way as mainstream film/cinema/music. A couple of good things now and then, but the rest unfortunately complete tripe to appeal to the basest instinct.

It's unfortunate that it's gone this way, Clancy, and a lot of other franchises have gone from intelligent engaging funs to showy drivel which is entertaining for 5 minutes before it's boring and you want whatever's next with the slight hope it won't be a total waste of your money.

Upvote 0
For what R6 WAS regeneration is its final death spasm. I remember our old CoD clan which played alsot exclusively S&D and CTF games. One death and out. In addition the weapons were all tweaked so that rifle to the chest took you out of the round.

THAT was tension and made you use cover when appropriate. Sitting behind a box while my wounds seal is a BS solution to the original problem of improperly modelled weapons and wounds.

Upvote 0