• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Car Bashing Thread

Saab's the only car company that could get bought out by GM and have their quality go UP!

Mine has 94,000 miles, and apart from the regular service has had no problems...ever...and their quiality went up? I know a couple of people who've had older saabs for ages (Non-turbo models) and never had any problems.

Besides, who gives a rats arse....? It cost me

Upvote 0
My car experiences resumes to:

comparison driving > 200km/h for more than 1h without going under. 180

cars in comparation made by me ( in the last 6 years)

bmw320d, bmw525d, bmw 530d A, mb220c, volvo s40 2.0d, volvo v50 2.0d, volvo v70 d5, audi a6 2.5tdi (actual car and suxxor), opel astra gtc 1.9cdti (cool car), vw golf V 2.0 tdi, volvo xc90 d5, toyota avensis 2.2d, renault megane 1.9d

BMW > Mercedes > audi > opel > toyota > vw > renault > volvo.

max speed bmw320d ~ 240-245 km/h indicated (163 HP)

Max confort :

mercedes > audi > *

That's a lot of sometimes quite expensive motors for one gamer to have driven. Are you, by any chance, part of a Romanian car-thief gang stealing high-end cars from Germany? ;) I thought it was all Albanians who did that.

Upvote 0
That's a lot of sometimes quite expensive motors for one gamer to have driven. Are you, by any chance, part of a Romanian car-thief gang stealing high-end cars from Germany? ;) I thought it was all Albanians who did that.

Heheh no.. but mainly are company cars :p... I get them for 1-2 months ...or more...

I'm the lead software engineer and sometime I must travell a lot to our customers. We change the cars all 3 years and each time we get another model. Except 2 bmw 525d we never had the same model twice :D. Some of that cars were rented (1 week like VW's - we never buy that pice of crap and the avensis).

Now the leasing for a6 and the v50 is expiring in October so we will get a Toyota Rav4 (177PS) and something else... not decidet yet :)

BTW. volvo sux big time :(

Upvote 0
My father is a private estimator for a body shop that handles high end cars, and when we chat he tells me all kinds of nutty things about the cars (and their drivers lol) he works with.

For example, the new BMW 6 series... the headlight assembly.. basically the shell that holds the headlights.. costs $1300 a piece, not including the lights themselves... which are $190 bucks a piece, and there are two lamps needed for each assembly. Oh, but not done yet... in order for those lights to work you need to also have what is called an ignitor which attaches to the back of the lamps through the back of the assembly... those are another $80 bucks a piece.

...oh, and in order to change the headlight assembly, or even just a lamp inside of the assembly... you have to remove the whole front bumper to do so.

So a minor front end collision in one of these cars (and pretty much for all BMWs and Mercedes, Jags and so on) will most likely be up in the 5-6K dollar range to fix, sometimes more because they have to blend the paint into the rest of the car, plus all the other little ultra expensive parts inside the engine compartment and so on.

Ridiculous.

Upvote 0
@jenova

we've got the 2,5tdi for several resons:
- germany, prices of gas are high (50.000 km/year) (1.12eur/l) (avg:9l/100)
- price difference for the engines makes no sense for us.
- we got a verry good price for this config. (leather, navi a.s.o.)
- we are not really big fans of audi (pumpe-duse diesel < comon-rail in my opinion) so we don't really care.. the price was more important.

The only nice feature of this car is the comfort and the interior design. After 2 months after we baught it , it had already air in the injection subsystem :(.

Anyway we are sure that we don't get any audi in the future.

BTW about the lights... if you have xeon light and you manage to f*em up if cost you only the lights ~ 1000 EUR

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have never seen a more well thought out interior, (in it's price range) or better styling than Dodge/Chrysler. They are the most innovative car company.

Their trucks ride on Coil-springs in the front, and have cantilever shackles in the rear. Anything that is not a Humvee that rides on independent Front/rear suspension instead of solid axles, is a car cross-dressing as a truck. Like Chevy.

Maybe if you bought a Bentley... for $350,000, you would get slightly better components. :p

Upvote 0
Yea, your car is not high end. Audis are and have always been cheap relatively speaking. They only became popular recently because they started putting new sleek looking body moldings on them. Before that they were quite junky (and still are if you ask people in the industry... who arent salesmen ;) ).

i believe the only cars i compared mine to were jap pieces of ****.

and ur mom is junky

Upvote 0
Yeah I personaly don't like the H2 or H3, it disgusts me when people gush over those pieces of crap....they arn't terribly expensive but people parade them around like they are, if I ever have my choice of hummers (H2, H3, H4, H5,H6 [you get the picture]) I will take the H1 no doubt about it, all the other hummers are just posers compared to it.

I personally drive a Black 2004 Nissan Frontier XE 4 door, got it used last year for 18,000 with like 3,000 miles on it. It's a reliable truck with good power and a sporty look for a truck. I almost got a Tacoma (I have a 94) but the newer ones look like toys in the inside...completely disgusting. I want to get a grille guard and grille inserts and some nice bigger tires (I don't like raised trucks, it looks too hillbilly) and hopefully in a year or two I will buy a pair of rims for my truck. I prefer unique vehicles, and there arn't too many people driving frontiers around, I just can't stand watching mustang after mustang after eclipse after eclipse drive down the road.

Upvote 0
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1347.asp

ROFL man jailed for revving his engine in a racist manner

Wow. That's pathetic. On the person who pressed charges' part, that is.

I hope the guy lets his engine stall out, just once, and makes a huge show of stopping traffic for it. That's insane. Watch where you fart, it might offend someone.

Upvote 0
I see those ricer wannabes all the time. I usually shout out of my window imports ****. They should ban them just like rap music should be banned.

But.. a lot of imports are awesome. Tell ya what, you wanna hit the hills sometime, my MX5 only has about 100 hp at the wheels. I'm ok with that, though, cause I'll be waiting on the other side of the hills for you to catch up.

@ Buddy: The H2 is a Silverado HD chassis, IIRC. I think it's got a 4L80E transmission, since they're under-powered by a 6 liter. They're DOG slow, and what scares me is the H2 and H3 take about 200 feet to stop from 60 mph! That's about double what my car is capable of.

On a positive note, their aerodynamics are so horrendous that I can draft them on the freeway almost as easily as a semi (I'm dead serious.)

The H3 is on the Colorado (replaces the S10) chassis. I hear they're just as doggy as the H2, and the milage is nearly as bad!

Oh, how could I leave the Volvos out. We have a lot of customers who drive 'em (gee, liberals in SF driving Volvos? Who'd'a thunk it?), and EVERY TIME, they wind up dropping waaayyyy more money than they should. The stupid cars just feel the need to fall apart, I don't know why. We try to predict and keep this kind of stuff from happening, it doesn't go on with our other customers, but the Volvos just refuse to not break.

Fun VW moment: Had a customer tow in her 1.8T Jetta, just over 90,000 miles on it. The timing belt had broken, bending valves, trashing the engine. When I mean just over 90, I mean JUST over, like 91,000. The timing belt replacement schedule is 90,000 miles.... IIRC, she junked the car.

I can't believe Jenova calls Japanese cars names when he drives a VW product... I seriously can't. VW/Audi is one of my big money-makers because they break so much. They're, umm... comfortable, I guess. That's honestly the most positive statement I can come up with for VW/Audi.

Upvote 0
I dig *sensible* Hondas and Nissans and Toyotas and such (though since 02 or so, not so much Toyota). I put 310k miles (yes, three-hundred and ten thousand miles) on my 92 Sentra before it died. Loved that car. Trying to pimp out a four door econocar though, that's just...a lot of bad stuff :p

Volvos used to be rock solid, as I remember (the boxy ugly fockers from the 80s, you know the ones). My uncle had one forever and a day. When it went, it went hardcore though. Everything seemed to die at once. Or maybe I'm thinking safety-wise? I've never seen a crushed Volvo (the old ones)

Upvote 0