• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

of all the guns, why G-41?

It is possible to think that this war on Mars. The problem not only G41 .G41 can appear only in 1943 and that in a minimum quantity 1 or 2 . SVT in mass can be only in 1941. In 1942 manufacture SVT decreases, but it is kept up to the end of war.
After 1941 mass SVT can be only in sea infantry (?) . In other cases 1-2 on a map .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe I have the jiist of what he is trying to say:

Based on the availabilties of the G41, we might as well be fighting on Mars. The problem is not only the G41. By 1943, the G41 should be used in limited numbers, something the maps do not reflect. In 1941 there should've been an abundance of SVT40s, but after that production was lowered but continued throughout the war, mainly being issued to marine infantry, not the high numbers in-game.

I think that is what he is trying to say?

Upvote 0
I believe I have the jiist of what he is trying to say:

Based on the availabilties of the G41, we might as well be fighting on Mars. The problem is not only the G41. By 1943, the G41 should be used in limited numbers, something the maps do not reflect. In 1941 there should've been an abundance of SVT40s, but after that production was lowered but continued throughout the war, mainly being issued to marine infantry, not the high numbers in-game.

I think that is what he is trying to say?

Ok . Thanks :)

army platoon 0 , 1 or 2 SVT . Two it already is too much.

marine infantry platoon 2 or 5

Upvote 0
sure 400000 or 1,7 million is a lot but that's nothing compared to the over 10 million Mauser Karbiner 98 Kurz or the [SIZE=-1]37 million Mosin Nagant M91/30 that where built.

See it goes both ways ^^ I just proved that the game should only contain Mausers and Mosin Nagants :D
[/SIZE]
That's loopy logic Sved, all I am saying is that the weapon should be balanced out proportionatley.

I think it is incorrect to see just as many German semi-automatic rifleman as the Soviets on early war maps like Basovka, because it is a fact that in the early days semi-automatics were much more widespread in Soviet units. It wasn't until '42 onwards that it started to even out as a combination of Russian gear lost in the early months and Germans fielding their own stuff.

Upvote 0
I've always wondered what it was about the G43 that threw me off! Yeah, I much prefer a less obscured sight picture. This was a big reason why I prefered the Mosin Nagant to the K98 (even with open sights) in the mod. The K98 view just seemed to block out, like half the screen.

I guess it's the same with the G43. That front post just is a bit thick for my tastes, whereas the G41 doesn't have the same problem.

Upvote 0
just a few thoughts.

just a few thoughts.

Would like to point out something a lot of you are forgetting.

If you are about to go into action would you not clean any weapons action prior to combat:
Working moving parts,gun barrel etc especially if you are a well trained soldier.

Now read this:
How long does the average game last ?.
How quickly is it before someone kills you?.
Do you want to really use a weapon that jams when you are only carrying 10 rounds in the rifle and 45 in stripper clips.

Sure you may re-supply,but will you live that long?.

Would you like the gun to jam after how many shots.
Round 10 ?
20 ?
35 ?

By the time the rifle jams in this game as compared to real-life how many of you would you have been killed?.

How many new players would like to play a game with jamming guns ?.
How many of you would eventually curse the devs for having introduced a jamming weapon ?.

Maybe they left out the bayonet as an offset to its accuracey.
Plus you are vulnerable for quite sometime if you have to reload both strip clips and now some of you want it to jam ?.

If we want to go the whole route you can have tanks throwing tracks and random vechile breakdowns etc.
Eventually all of this will make the game not much fun to play.
The fun factor is why we like playing it -yes ?.

The 41 is to provide a balance against the svt 40 in early maps.
I am just greatful the devs love the game they made and that they support it the way they do.

If this game was totally realistic would not the russians outnumber the germans by 2 to 1 or greater on most later war maps.

Its a game people, more realistic than most but lets not turn the realism into a fetish.

Upvote 0
The fun factor is why we like playing it -yes ?.
I like the challenges realism games offer, they are by far MUCH MUCH harder but more rewarding than your average gameplay game.

If this game was totally realistic would not the russians outnumber the germans by 2 to 1 or greater on most later war maps.
Actually on some maps they really do outnumber the Germans. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Upvote 0
Why wouldn't jams be fun?

When I take a weapon (PPSh for example) of an enemy and forget to reload it, I sometimes start to shoot and after 3 or 4 rounds it stops... magazine empty. You could compare that to a jam. You expected 71 rounds and only get 3. Now you are in trouble, have to get out, reload. You get a slight adrenaline kick and you see, that a weapon is only usefull if you use it right.

Thats the kind of "fun" realistic games give you. You are in that world and you feel with your avatar. It's not about big explosions and scripted events like MOH

Upvote 0