• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

of all the guns, why G-41?

Stop whining! There is a team that could sell their add-ons. However they are nice and work for FREE to give us new content for this great game. All those that seem to be mad at TWI have never worked on a model/ skin/ code themselves, I guess...

If you don't like the G41, fine. Bring suggestions about how to change it, but don't be disrespectful towards the developers.

In my opinion, the G41 is really nicely done (the skin could need some wear and a bit of dirt). Especially the sound is one of the greatest I've ever heard. One thing I dislike is the recoil, which seems to be way less than on the G43, making it a killing machine.
Last night on Odessa, the German Semi-Riflemen all had G41 and they killed much more than any other teammember. You saw them, you were dead, it just seems to be too easy to handle, compared to an SVT or a G43.

my 2 cents

Upvote 0
The g41 should be more accurate, it is a more precision built weapon than the g43, more pieces hand machined and made, so the finish is less rough than the largely stamped and very mass producable g43.

Also as it is longer and heavier it is better able to absorb a certain amount of recoil and the barrel won't be thrown up as you fire as much as the shorter and lighter g43.

Upvote 0
Yes agree But I think the Geweher-43 should fire a bit more accuarately ( I have no proof for this ) but as it stands the Gewehr-43 is pretty inaccaurate.The Gewehr-41 as Ive posted else where also had a bayonet attachment.Also in response to the guy who posted about German antitank rifles while I'd also like to see it in game the Germans got rid of all their antitank rifles at the end of 1941 or early 1942. So youd see it for the very early maps only.Making the effort of making such a weapon a bit of a waste.The Faustpatrone idea is good since it was in production until 1945 (this is the "Panzerfaust" that usually deflected off sloped armor tanks) Id like to see a Panzerfaust 100 and or 150 in very late war maps( the 150 was issued in march 1945)-yes I know rare but a very cool weapon( it was reloadable up to 10 times and had a cone shape).:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The g41 should be more accurate, it is a more precision built weapon than the g43, more pieces hand machined and made, so the finish is less rough than the largely stamped and very mass producable g43.

Also as it is longer and heavier it is better able to absorb a certain amount of recoil and the barrel won't be thrown up as you fire as much as the shorter and lighter g43.

After I read your article I agree with you that the G41 should be a more accurate weapon with less sway that the G43. It seemed to have a problem with manufacturing and polution.

I'm not a fan of random events, though I wouldn't like the implementation of weapon jams. However as the G41 was a quite heavy and unhandy weapon, there should be at last a small disadvantage in handling it. Maybe a slightly prolonged time to bring it in ironsigth compared to the G43.

Upvote 0
VietCong,

Pretty much both.

Hand-machined parts take a lot more time and effort to produce. Plus, the weapon's characteristics made it prone to jamming if not properly cleaned. When you're in the field, slogging through the spring mud in the Ukraine or Russian steppes, "properly cleaned" becomes an impossibility.

So basically, the G41 is a better weapon WHEN it performs properly, but in order to do that, you have to maintain it much more than was practical in the field. Moreover, it's harder to make so you're less likely to mass produce it. End result, you have a great gun (when it works) that doesn't make it into the hands of many soldiers and that doesn't work so great once it does get there.

Switching to the G43, therefore, makes more sense, especially for an Ordninance Department. Better to field a ton of G43s that work basically well albeit not as well as other options, but which hold up better in the field and which you can produce quickly and get to your troops faster.

Upvote 0
VietCong,

Pretty much both.

Hand-machined parts take a lot more time and effort to produce. Plus, the weapon's characteristics made it prone to jamming if not properly cleaned. When you're in the field, slogging through the spring mud in the Ukraine or Russian steppes, "properly cleaned" becomes an impossibility.

So basically, the G41 is a better weapon WHEN it performs properly, but in order to do that, you have to maintain it much more than was practical in the field. Moreover, it's harder to make so you're less likely to mass produce it. End result, you have a great gun (when it works) that doesn't make it into the hands of many soldiers and that doesn't work so great once it does get there.

Switching to the G43, therefore, makes more sense, especially for an Ordninance Department. Better to field a ton of G43s that work basically well albeit not as well as other options, but which hold up better in the field and which you can produce quickly and get to your troops faster.

Yeah, that is pretty much my point. Because RO has it in great numbers and has no malfunctions of weapons, the G41 is superior. And it shouldn't be, because now you throw away everything for a 41...

Upvote 0
Vader was tearing it up today in Odessa. He just kept ripping through the Russians and steadily rose to first place. Nothing I could've done would've changed that; I just had a K98. I never got to handle it, but I suspect it won't be pretty when I do. Yeah, that's right. Feel my ePeen. But seriously, the G41 is just a real killer. This game needs weapon jams. I don't like the idea of adding weapons just for the sake of balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, that is pretty much my point. Because RO has it in great numbers and has no malfunctions of weapons, the G41 is superior. And it shouldn't be, because now you throw away everything for a 41...

I think the point is the G41 WAS a superior weapon -- just not a superior weapon in the field. RO however models an idealized version of the war, and some concessions for balance are necessary, it being a game and all.

For example, you can't model weak Russian morale or poor training. You can't model things like German tanks having radios and Russian tanks not having them. There's lots of stuff that's sacrificed for gameplay and SHOULD be sacrificed for gameplay.

I mean, think about it. We all know how the war went. Each an every battle and engagement on which there is documentation can be recreated to a T, but then what's the point in playing a game about it? Why not just go watch the History Channel?

I agree, it'd be a neat feature to model weapon jams, but it'd be a lot more code-intensive than simply adding in a new weapon as we have now. Regardless, though, I see this as a positive addition. It balances things without being too unrealistic. If they do add weapon jams, though, they should add them for the Luger as well. I hear that one jammed frequently, too.

For those who want absolute 100% realism...you're always going to be disappointed by video games (Ha! Bet you thought I'd say something stupid like "Go join the army" :D). Video games cannot -- at least with modern technology -- give you 100% realism. If we're going to turn battles in a war into games, there ought to be a mostly level playing field.

Now, that said, I fully support the notion that "balance" need not be (and shouldn't be) acheived by creating mirror-image teams. But that's not what we have here. We have Germany's temporarily-used answer to the SVT-40, which has its own pros and cons. It's heavier than the SVT, so it'll kick a little less, but sway a little more. It's got no bayonet (which may end up being changed). It also has to reload slower, but you can reload it mid-magazine. So, in a straight 1 v 1 comparison, I'd say the SVT still comes out ahead and the G41 is inferior. Your mileage may vary.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry that this heralds some abandonment of realism. Quite the contrary. It's simply the developers trying to maintain a balance between realism and gameplay. I think they've done so in this patch.

Upvote 0
One thing I dislike is the recoil, which seems to be way less than on the G43...

In real life the recoil on a G41 is a lot less than the G/K43. The 41 gives you a nice smooth nudge on your shoulder. It smoothly cycles back and locks forward again, neatly depositing the spent case about 12 feet to the right.

The 43 thwacks you in the shoulder. It makes a lot of racket as it clatters back and slams forward again. If you're lucky it drops the brass in the same timezone without mutilating it.

I love the G43 in real life, but the G41 really is the Cadillac of German firearms. Finicky, but damn smooth.

In the game, I haven't used it other than against some bots, but I enjoyed the gameplay of it. I don't really like the models all that well, either 3rd or 1st person. The sight picture is very off. The rear sights don't stick up that high at all. I'm also disappointed with the lack of a bayonet as well, since the rifle is equipped to accept the standard K98k bayo.

Of course, then they'd have to design an animation to show the bayonet lug snapping off when you stuck someone with it, since the way it is anchored to the stock is vastly inferior to the K98's install method.:)

Upvote 0
I fully support the implementation of a minigame where you must retrieve your bayonet after the lug has snapped and the knife is stuck in the corpse.

It would be like one of the claw games you find at every arcade/bowling alley/mall. Bonus points would be awarded if you manage to retrieve your knife while the enemy is still alive.

edit: when the minigame starts, the encounter music from the Pokemon gameboy games would play.

Upvote 0
I think all you people need to calm down.;) I'm sure in due time, Tripwire will take it out of a few maps, and limit it on the one's it's in now.:) Just relax and wait. It's a new gun and everyone's excited, no nead to get your panties scrunched up. :eek: I'm also sure, than in a few months, we'll get another patch to fix armour, add more tanks, limit the guns on maps, and generally smooth out the kinks.:cool: Just be patient and stop yelling and screaming at each other! :p:D

**Edit: Spelling errors...:eek:

Upvote 0
I think there needs to be way more contrast in all the sounds. Footsteps need to be louder, breathing needs to be louder but not have a very big radius (so you hear someone breathing loudly down your neck, but not 20 feet away), tanks need more beefiness, guns need more clattery noise, and so on. It should really come as a shock after firefights when the echoes settle and you can hear nature come back. :D

But I digress. The G41 is a brilliant new gun, and the quality of the model, sound and animation only makes me that much more hopeful for the weaponss to come.

Upvote 0