• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41: one clip at a time

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Could we have it be so the reloads are more manual, i.e., reload one stripper clip at a time? I got caught in a situation where I had reloaded one, but too much time was wasted putting the second one in that some one dolphin dived around the corner with a ppsh just as I was finishing putting in the second stripper clip.

Add this, maybe?

Na, then you're going to have people who just think it only takes 5 rounds and not know to reload the second 5. If they could make it a certain way where there's no possible way you could NOT know that you have 5 more rounds to put in then fine, but otherwise I think it's just going to take some minor playstyle adjustments on the part of the player to try not to get caught with your pants down.

Upvote 0
hmmm...I agree with the idea completely but I thought of something. After you reload the first 5 rounds, naturally the animation would switch to closing the bolt, which of course would mean that you would have to open the bolt to dump in the next five rounds. In doing a 10 round reload this would be annoying. Which is why it is what it is.

But I would assume that you could just tap the reload key in the middle of the first reload and that would initiate the avatar to load in the next 5 rounds. Possible to do this with out making it look clunky?

And yes, the sniper rifles should be able to interrupt the reload process from a fresh reload. Every game dealing with bolts, especially sniper rifles...even the (RO-Mod!) has/had the ability to interrupt reloading.

Upvote 0
After you reload the first 5 rounds, naturally the animation would switch to closing the bolt, which of course would mean that you would have to open the bolt to dump in the next five rounds. In doing a 10 round reload this would be annoying. Which is why it is what it is.

Ah yes didn't think of that. Maybe a double tap of R could reload 2 clips before closing the bolt, and a single tap could put just 1 in. Same with snipers: a double tap for a full reload, single tap for 1 round at a time

Upvote 0
Ah yes didn't think of that. Maybe a double tap of R could reload 2 clips before closing the bolt, and a single tap could put just 1 in. Same with snipers: a double tap for a full reload, single tap for 1 round at a time

How about adding a function where you just push the fire key before starting to reload the second clip, and thus aborting the reload half way with only one clip in the gun for those hectic situations. If no other action is taken than pressing reload, I think it's just fine with a full reload...

Same thing could be applied to snipers where pressing fire would close the bolt after the current round (current single round reload animation) has finished.

Upvote 0
It isn't much of a problem for me, especially with the G41. I rarely need 10 rifle shots all at once, but I usually use at least 4 or 5 before I get to cover. Just get to cover and if you havn't shot of 5 shots left then shoot the last 1 or 2 you need to get off then reload. Takes less time, you just pop in one stripper clip. I've almost never ran into a situation where I didn't have plenty of time to reload when I was using a semi-auto rifle.

Upvote 0
What about this? What if your weapon would normally reload the two clips, but if you pressed the fire key or the reload key again then you could trigger your character to NOT put in the second clip.

This would allow new players to not get confused but still allow the ability to stop reloading early if needed.

Would that work?

Upvote 0
What about this? What if your weapon would normally reload the two clips, but if you pressed the fire key or the reload key again then you could trigger your character to NOT put in the second clip.

This would allow new players to not get confused but still allow the ability to stop reloading early if needed.

Would that work?
That's an excellent idea, and seems like it'd be fairly simple to code (I have no idea about coding other than it involves lots of crazy cryptic typing that a program then interprets).

Upvote 0
rating_5.gif

Upvote 0
Could we have it be so the reloads are more manual, i.e., reload one stripper clip at a time? I got caught in a situation where I had reloaded one, but too much time was wasted putting the second one in that some one dolphin dived around the corner with a ppsh just as I was finishing putting in the second stripper clip.

Add this, maybe?

Dammit... How did I manage to miss this bofore I posted my thread... Great idea needs to be implimented. Bayonets would be rather nice too.

Upvote 0