• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons that can't be slung

Avenger

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2006
Many WWII weapons didn't have carrying slings, so you had to carry them in your hands and drop them if you needed your hands for something else. I think this would be a cool thing to add because it would fix some of the loadout imbalances seen right now.

Some weapons I know that didn't come with slings:
MG-34
MG-42
Panzerfaust
Panzerschrek
Degtyrev machinegun
PTRD

There might be more, but some of the gun-nuts on here could probably give more detailed information.

Thoughts?

I have lots.

panzerschr1oc6.jpg

panzerschr4uv8.jpg

panzerschreck0xb8.jpg

ps3pr7.jpg

ps0553dw9.jpg

ps0993cb8.jpg

MG34
snow20camo20mg3420gunnergj9.jpg

MG42
mg4200001gx9.jpg

Upvote 0
no panzerfaust in those pictures. those are panzershreks or something like that. basicly german version of the bazooka i think. Dont think they were even close to as effective as the panzerfaust was. I wouldnt mind seeing them added to the game though. Maybe replace the panzerfausts on some maps. Would be nifty if they didnt blow up tanks but only disabled them.

Upvote 0
no panzerfaust in those pictures. those are panzershreks or something like that. basicly german version of the bazooka i think. Dont think they were even close to as effective as the panzerfaust was. I wouldnt mind seeing them added to the game though. Maybe replace the panzerfausts on some maps. Would be nifty if they didnt blow up tanks but only disabled them.
I've got dozens of pictures of Germans with Panzerfausts. I posted those above to show the Panzerschreck, MG34 and MG42 had shoulder slings. The Panzerschreck was better then the Panzerfaust in terms of range and penetration.

Upvote 0
I asked Sichartshofen, not you.

"Pwned" isn't a response to my request, anyway. It's not even a word. It's the preferred response of bratty 12-year-olds who can't think of anything original to say. Now go bug someone else.

You can even see a sling on his MG34 in Sichartshofen sig.

and in your epic failure in looking up; you were infact not just pwned, but pwnt.

Upvote 0

I may be wrong, but the panzershrect ( sp? ) was alot more powerful than the faust?

Upvote 0
In real life you would drop the weapon on the ground or rest it against something when you needed your hands for something else. I think this would be too hard to impliment into the game because picking up weapons is not the same as in real life. I would however like to see increased weapon switching times for larger/heavier weapons because going from MG42 to a grenade in around one second seems a little bit off to me. ;)

Upvote 0