• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

September update is nearly ready!

Why the G41?

Why the G41?

I have a little question

Why u include the G41?
It's a Weapon which wasn't use often by the German Army, it was a very bad rifle, with many prolbems, and the troops don't like it very much.
The same with the German MP41, that Weapon was only use by German Police Divisons, but not from the soldiers at front.

It will be better when u create new Uniforms, for Sowjets and Germans.

And whats about the "Jumping over little walls"? It's crazy that a man can't jump over a little wall, it wil be much better if u can jump over a little wall or climb throw a window, mybe like "Call of Duty 2" their u can climbing over little Walls and in some windows with a nice animation. Why u can't make things like that?

And Why i jump evertime over objects when i want to get some cover, for example behind a barrel or a tree? Can u fix that?

Whats about the reality? Why can a tank move his gun throw a Building???

And how can it be that a Tiger can be killed by a T34 when he is shotting against his frontammor.

And why i can hear a that a friend need ammo at the other side of the map, and i hear him like he stand at my side???
It is not enough when i can read his commando? and only here the sound commands in my area, freind and enemy sound. it will be more helpfull to hear only the comerades which are close to me, because so now that u are in danger when he say "Achtung Granate!" or "Get cover" or "Need Ammo" or "Hold Fire" or "Fire" or or or, there are so much reason.

Please answer me RO-Team

if u can read some german u can found here some interesting informations about german weapons in WW II, and here it is written that german soldiers don't like the G41
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/gewehre.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a little question

Why u include the G41?
It's a Weapon which wasn't use often by the German Army, it was a very bad rifle, with many prolbems, and the troops don't like it very much.
The same with the German MP41, that Weapon was only use by German Police Divisons, but not from the soldiers at front.

And whats about the "Jumping over little walls"? It's crazy that a man can't jump over a little wall, it wil be much better if u can jump over a little wall or climb throw a window, mybe like "Call of Duty 2" their u can climbing over little Walls and in some windows with a nice animation. Why u can't make things like that?

And Why i jump evertime over objects when i want to get some cover, for example behind a barrel or a tree? Can u fix that?

And how can it be that a Tiger can be killed by a T34 when he is shotting against his frontammor.

And why i can hear a that a friend need ammo at the other side of the map, and i hear him like he stand at my side???
It is not enough when i can read his commando? and only here the sound commands in my area, freind and enemy sound. it will be more helpfull to hear only the comerades which are close to me, because so now that u are in danger when he say "Achtung Granate!" or "Get cover" or "Need Ammo" or "Hold Fire" or "Fire" or or or, there are so much reason.

Please answer me RO-Team

if u can read some german u can found here some interesting informations about german weapons in WW II, and here it is written that german soldiers don't like the G41
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/gewehre.htm

I believe that all your questions have been discussed, and mostly answered by the devs in this forum.
Do a search and you will have your answers.

Upvote 0
I have a little question

Why u include the G41?

It takes a few hours to code a new weapon into the game or less. It is very easy for us to do, and we felt the germans needed an early war semi auto to compete wit the SVT.

Who says we aren't? But this takes time

We would love to have a system like this, but with our small team it really is not feasable at this time. As Ramm posted in another thread it would take all of tripwire about 3 months to get this system into RO:O with no bug fixes or other additions during that time

depends on the object, the way the unreal engine handles this is it check the high of an object and then check if a player can "step up" onto it. I think anyway.

Engine limitation as far as I know

Real easy if it is a T34 85 and closer then 1000 meters. The gun on that model will punch right through the front armor of a Tiger. If you want to see a t34 fail against a Tiger, try some of the custom maps that pit the T34-76. That gun can not penitrate the frontal armor of a Tiger.

As we've stated before. Your team can hear voice commands in 2d. The enemy will only hear the voice commands in 3d. This is working as we intended. Do a search to find the exact reason as I can't recall it off the top of my head

My answers are in bold in the quote

Upvote 0
Danke

Danke

THX Yoshi, for your answers.

@AlphaNut, the problem in this Forum is, that u can't overview all this threads here, because many users ONLY write something like "very nice" "good work" "can't wait" and bla bla bla.
so much of the post aren't very interesting, if u read every time the same, but no real information, or real discusions.

Of course Tripwire have done a good work, but when everybody write the same words (nice, good ...) 1000 times, u can't read a thread with more then 10 sides. After the 2nd side with the same bla bla bla, u will fall in sleep very soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0