• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CoD 3 / 4 / 5

Going to COD for a historically accurate non-biased/non American glorified representation of WW2 is like going to McDonalds to discover "the roots of culinary excellence". Not gonna happen ever.

Who says that CoD pretends to be realistic in ANYTHING else than visual aspect?

Same as I claim that RO is the most unrealistic POS because K98k sniper version still has safety on, and it is supposed to be historically correct by realism quality.

(I apologize for such trolling but really, one fact still hasn

Upvote 0
Who gives a **** what people "think" or "learn" from Call of Duty. It's a videogame. It's a form of entertainment, not a history lesson. I am quite sure that Call of Duty is not what is causing the next generations of kids to be complete morons.
Like it or not peoples views ARE shaped by entertainment and to some entertainment is their prime source of information. Just like some people base their opinions almost exclusively on the latest blockbuster movie (based on historic events) they see. Do I particularly care? No. But don't deny the influence entertainment has.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Going to COD for a historically accurate non-biased/non American glorified representation of WW2 is like going to McDonalds to discover "the roots of culinary excellence". Not gonna happen ever.

I seem to remember the devs of CoD saying that their aim is not to make a realistic WW2 shooter, but a game that lets you live a hollywood WW2 film.

Sometimes I think that Red Orchestra has spoiled/poisoned so many of the people here. If a game isn't perfectly accurate, or vehicles don't play like a hardcore simulator then the game is utter trash and should be spat upon.

:p

Upvote 0
Like it or not peoples views ARE shaped by entertainment and to some entertainment is their prime source of information. Just like some people base their opinions almost exclusively on the latest blockbuster movie (based on historic events) they see. Do I particularly care? No. But don't deny the influence entertainment has.

I am sorry, where did I say entertainment has no influence? I like how you stated a position that I never have held, and then shot it down. That's called a strawman. I know very well entertainment influences peoples mindsets, however, that is to be expected. If that is their only source of information, so be it. They can go along and be morons. No one said we have to listen to them. To be frank, the only person who believes what they watch on television or play in videogames to be real are either idiots, or they have no real perception of reality. Entertainment is just entertainment. I don't consider it a huge major big issue than some kid thinks an M1 Garand cannot be reloaded, or that a CSI person carries a firearm, etc. It is mindless entertainment and should be treated as such. If people cannot realize that, for shame. They are the ones taking the bait and spending hours upon hours glued to their screens while their brains rot. Hopefully they will come around and realize that in the 'RL', their stamina is low from being out of shape. Same with their strength and intellect.

Chow,

Venkman

Upvote 0
I never played the COD series, and all there games are on PC and some on consoles. I do know that COD 3 is going to fail, because its not on PC. A stupid move, especially when the whole series was on PC. They just left all there PC fans behind.

There arnt that many PC fans left of the origional crowed just CS kids that have fell in love with the dumbed down ****ed the community over POS that is CoD2.

Upvote 0
I never played the COD series, and all there games are on PC and some on consoles. I do know that COD 3 is going to fail, because its not on PC. A stupid move, especially when the whole series was on PC. They just left all there PC fans behind.

There's more money to be made with consoles. You can bet Microsoft is paying them pretty good to have exclusive rights.

Upvote 0
What little bit of the first CoD I played was pretty cool. It was definately 'war movie' and not 'war game' feeling, though that's fine in its own right.

CoD 2 had no life in it. It's like my player was on a rail the entire game (I played through about half of it on my brother's 360). That, and if I put a round from a Mosin or four-6 rounds from a PPSh into a Kraut, I expect him to die or at least be unhappy enough with life to continue to lay on the ground and ***** about it, not get up and shoot back.

Upvote 0
Oddly enough, I see a lot of people complaining about CoD2's damage. I've only had a problem with the glancing Rifle Shots, MG42 bursts, grenade damage (or more accurately, how it diminishes over a distance), and the Thompson damage seems to diminish almost completely at long ranges, regardless of the location struck. Apart from that though, they generally drop within a decent amount of shots. It's certainly better than a large majority of FPS released, but I still feel CoD3 being made by Trey only on the Consoles was a bad decision. Also, at least they're starting to add better features (IE concerning soft cover destruction). Oh well, I'm still waiting for UT2K7. Maybe not for the game itself, but rather the release and use of the U3 engine. <Drool.>

Upvote 0