• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Faces of War demo

quotes -

As you might know, Faces of War Multiplayer Demo to be presented soon. Soon, you'll have a chance to crush your opponents with this FoW MP Demo. Download it and choose from one of three sides: Ally, Soviet or German and guide your troops to the victory. Test your skills, know the vehicles and get used to the controls. The demo will contain almost all infantry troops, vehicles and cannons presented in the final release. This means that you can train yourself playing FoW before the final game is out!

There will be 2 game modes: the "Combat" and the "Frontline". The "Combat" can be played both in Team mode and Free For All (FFA). The demo game modes are capped to 4 players max, but the final game has no such restriction. The Combat and the Frontline modes present totally different approaches to the FoW gameplay (that's why we've selected them for the demo). The Combat mode is somewhat chaotic, when all your reaction and quick thinking is required. Buy infantry only or both infantry and vehicles (depending on the server setting) and earn points by eliminating your opponents' units. It's also fun playing in FFA mode, when the battle turns into a burly brawl.

On the other hand, the Frontline mode depends on usage of tactics. This is when you have to pay more attention on how you position your army, how you use mine fields and obstacles. You'll have to choose, whether to perform a frontal attack, or take a roundabout way. And, one more thing. Only in this game mode you gain an advantage by retreating in right time. Read further posts to learn more.

P.S. For modders: the Demo resources are protected from any changes, so please wait for the full version.

-----------------------------------

As said before, there will be 2 different modes shown in demo. The

Upvote 0
FoW multiplayer demo is out!

"Faces of War multiplayer demo out now!

Tuesday 05.09.2006 - Official

The Faces of War multiplayer demo is now available for download! It features two maps and three game modes, and is playable by LAN or Internet.
Download from one of the following sites and post your impressions here."

http://facesofwargame.uk.ubi.com/

Grab it and try it out. :D

Edit: Ugh, it felt like they had ruined almost everything that made Soldiers good. :C

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i've tryed both mp FOW and COH demo and i tell you kids
FOV will kill COH on multiplayer ... but COH will kill FOV on arcadiness :p with it rambo americans against evil nazi's Goliath driving 50mph and targeting infantry ... :D so funny COH has lots of eye candy but lacks any common sense of realism ... SAME DAWN OF WAR cLON WITH NO ORCS and NAZIS.
try FOW MP demo for teethcrushing gameplay and realism - i didnt expect that from the SP demo ... caught me offguard ... I'm buying FOW first thing when it comes out ! and yeaas TO BTRH with it's REALISM MOD !!! :D cant wait ...

Upvote 0
Multiplayer takes a ton of micromanegment in terms of active fighting. I can leave my units in a defensive position and theyll hold their own, but in terms of attacking, you pretty much have to take direct control.

I love the Panzer II though, its a force to be trifled with. I make a mad dash for the flanks and rear of tanks and just pound into them till I get a penetration. Ive knocked out most of the tanks in the game and some of the super tanks (like a pershing) with the strategy.

Upvote 0
i said it before and ill say it again FOW > COH

Apples and oranges. That's like saying Oblivion is better than World of Warcraft or vice versa

but I hate fruit :)

I honestly can't see myself playing FOW for more than a few weeks and then never coming back to it later
Whereas COH just like the Dawn of War series, I always still play the skirmish mode over and over.
Relic make good games

If you want more realism look at Theatre of War

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The detail in this game is awesome, some historical things are a little off but thats ok, mods can fix that if it bothers you. Tanks are awesome, multiplayer is AWESOME. beats any generic 'build base, click on the enemy' rts out there even if it is a little micromanagy (better more detail then less i think).

Anyone know when its getting released in Australia?

Upvote 0
Well im using a Radeon 9200 and it works , and zoring the detail is amazing :D

I've got the Radeon 9250 256mb, a 2.6ghz processor, and 1gb of RAM...but the game runs horrendously in MP demo, though it ran fine in the singleplayer, and when I play *alone* in LAN and blow up terrain and stuff it's fine.

There's gotta be a netcode problem or something. I joined games where the pings were anywhere from 56-148ms.

Upvote 0